1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

downloading xbox games

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Julia27, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Leningrad

Leningrad Regular member

2. Leningrad

Leningrad Regular member

-------
    Requirements for Buning Xbox games

-Mod chip
    -DVD burnur for big ganes
    -CD Burnur for less than 700 megabyte games
    -Dashboard

3. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

- Mod Chip is not necessary...a Softmod can aid the process as well
    - Putting a game on a DVD? Use DVD-R or DVD-RW. +s might not work for you
    - Putting a game on a CD? Use CD-RW
    - MOST IMPORTANT!! You need an FTP connection established between your PC/Laptop and you XBOX to transfer files.

4. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

You [bold]can[/bold] rip audio cd's from the cd to your unmodded xbox to play or use as a custom sountrack in certain games. I think the term of "downloading" the music was probably inaccurate.

5. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

damn connection... inadvertant mutipost

Last edited: Sep 26, 2005
  6. akspud93

akspud93 Regular member

@julia27

I would love to help u out but unfortantly I can't help u out with soft modding as i haven't done it before. I can help u with the dashboard, apps, and burning games. If u wanted to hard mod then u can click on the site in my signature and get a custom package and i could run you through ALL of it start to finish. With regards to the soft mods there are pleantly of tutorials out there to help u adn i'm sure pleantly of people as well. SORRY ABOUT THAT. :(
    If u do decided to hard mod send me a message or post here again and i can run u through buying one flashing, dashboards, etc. the works.

If u need to talk then u can IM me my SN is: akspud93

7. Julia27

Julia27 Member

If I get an FTP like flash FXP, do I then not need an XISO? Also, if I softmod the XBOX, do I need another dashboard or not?

8. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

@Julia27
    If you have an .iso file (disc image) of a game, it will not transfer with FlashFXP. Or should I say, it will transfer but it won't work. A game needs to be extracted to it's folder/file state to run on the xbox. So just get a program like Qwix plus FlashFXP and you're set for either situation.

NO. Not if it has a dash already but I'd highly recommended although it's up to you. You can install multiple dashes and switch between them. Figure out which is best for you and go from there.

9. Julia27

Julia27 Member

So Quix plus is what I HAVE TO HAVE if I want to download games that are original and not already copied? I was going to download Linux, but I wasn't sure if I need it with a softmoded XBOX.

10. Julia27

Julia27 Member

I guess what you're saying is that if I have Quix, then I don't need an XISO, is that correct?

11. akspud93

akspud93 Regular member

Qwix will create xiso for u....all u have to do is be able to FTP to ur D drive extarct all of the folders on the game disk,patch the deafult.xbe and then use qwix to make the xiso and roxio to bunr.

12. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Quix makes the xISO

you can FTP to your Xbox with quix and it will make the xISO to burn to a disk.

Or if you use FlashFXP and rip the Xbox disc to your hard drive onto your computer then you need to load them files into Quix and make an xISO. Then burn.

The only time you dont need to make an xISO is if your ripping it to your hard drive onto your Xbox.

Now if you download an Xbox game off the net then more then likly it is in an xISO file already. So just burn it to disc. But if you want to place the game on your Xbox hard drive you need to extract the xISO into a folder on your computer hard drive and then FTP that to your games folder on your Xbox hard drive.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2005
  13. akspud93

akspud93 Regular member

its also probably easier if u get a dash like unleashx and u can patch it that way. But yes u can use qwix, nero, and some dash to patch the xbe.

14. Julia27

Julia27 Member

I am trying to get the FlashFXP from filepedia.com, but everytime I try, it goes to an error. Any suggestions? Thanks for the help by the way

15. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

Try it on download.com.