1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dr Divx problem - no encoding

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by A_Master, Aug 31, 2004.

1. A_Master

A_Master Member

i have version 1.0.5 and whenever i try to encode some video files it freezes on the 1st pass the old version i had would freeze on the second pass V1.0.3when trying to create 2 files of a large file

Any ideas whats goin on as i have some vidio files that are too big to fit onto CD so i thought id rencosde them or wotever so they woul fit onto the CD

Is there any other program out there that would do the same job as some downloaded files are like 710 mb or 1.36gb etc and want to get them on 1 or two CD's

thanx in advance

2. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

DrDivX is inferior to AutoGKnot.
    AutoGKnot is easier than the full GordianKnot (and more directly comparable to DrDivX).
    Um, I think I know what you mean :)
    But 710MB is perfect for burning is it not?
    If you have files just a tad too big to burn, you need to trim them not re-encode them...
    An 80 minute blank holds at least 703MB or 719,872KB or 737,148,928 bytes so, it might fit depending on how you are reporting its size.
    Re-encoding downloaded crap gives garbage anyway
    Worse than watching a 'screener' ;-(
    L8R

3. A_Master

A_Master Member

Um.. the ones that are sligtly too big are some times like 1.45gb of somin too big just too split and put on 2 cd's so need to compress down slighlt like 50- 100mb or so or sometimes from1.4gb to 700mb and eff re-encode them? dunno if that makes sense but i not sure if those progs u listed to that cuz they want me to have a DVDtype jobbie to encode to divx/xvid format??