1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dRD a praise and suggestion

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by mattF099, Jan 8, 2005.

1. mattF099

mattF099 Member

Hi to begine this site is fantastic. Its motivation for anyone with a small site trying to hit it big. But anyway your servers run Red Hat Linux (please correct me if im wrong) so you clearly appreacate the power and functionality of linux. And in your forums you have a heep of topics and Discussion boards. So why not have a linux discussion board. One devoted to everything linux. The thought makes me smile. I realize your a busy busy man, but i hope you take this into consideration. ;-)

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Thanks :) We've considered this for quite some time and actually we do have a Linux forum already on our Finnish forums (after all, Linus is also a Finn..), so extending that to English forums isn't too bad idea -- escpecially since we have few Linux tools on our site as well.

I'd personally prefer to keep it within the realm of digital video, so how does "Digital video with Linux" or something similar sound (bit like the current Mac forum)?

3. Damon1

Damon1 Regular member

Sounds great, Petteri.

Would it be possible to make it a bit broader at the beginning and call it "Digital Video with Nix"?

In the forum description it could then outline that its for all the various nix flavours.

Ok, thanks mate.

4. mattF099

mattF099 Member

Sounds great. I was un aware of the Finnish Linux forum. ;)