1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dRD - I need some guidance

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by Tech1, Feb 15, 2003.

1. Tech1

Tech1 Member

I have been pulling my hair out searching through the forum trying to find a fix for audio/video sync problems.

In my particular case, I'm trying to backup to divx because I do not have a dvd burner and need to keep my file sizes CD-R size. Currently they are about 1.5GB. Close, but no cigar. The last one I did was about 900mb, which I could have edited out the credits and beginning BS that I didn't need and achieved my goal, but I didn't want to mess with it because the audio/video wasn't sync'd properly.

When I did the encoding, I only did 2 passes. Should I do more than that? Do I need to Demux or Remux or what? What am I missing?!

Sorry for coming after you directly, but since you 'da boss' I figured you had the info or knew where to find it.

The steps I took to get where I'm at are outlined below and my system specs are in my sig. I appreciate any help you can provide.

1. Ripped with DVD Decrypter
    2. IFOEdit to remove unwanted 'stuff'
    3. DVD2AVI to create the d2v and wav files
    4. VFAPIConvEn to make suedo avi
    5. 2 passes with VirtualDUB to get divx/avi

*total time processing is about 36 hours and I get sheit! (and very frustrated)

Thanks again

Last edited: Feb 15, 2003
  2. spike1050

spike1050 Regular member

3. Tech1

Tech1 Member

It was working, until I got to the end of the tutorial where it said "Press 'Flask it!'". Then it all fell apart. I get an AVI plugin error... *sigh* so close! :)