1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dream Box 500HD Booting issue

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by guitar57c, Aug 27, 2012.

1. guitar57c

guitar57c Member

Hi All,

Details of box: Dreambox 500HD Clone
    Sim 2.10
    Enigma 2
    Bootloader #ssl84b
    Image: DDD-dm500hd-v.2.9-ramiMAHER #ssl84b, Here is a link to the image I used to flash the box: http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=217285&page=9

The problem I am having is that every time I power off the box and power it on again it fails to boot.

When I flick the power button on the rear of the box to the on position, on the front panel of the box a red LED flashes once very quickly and then a green LED beside it illuminates solid.

At the same time through the fan grill on top frame of the box I can see four to five little red LEDs that illuminate and they slowly fade out, the green LED on the front of the box then starts flashing and the box does not boot.

I then have to constantly flick the power switch on the rear of the box on and off continually until it eventually kicks in and boots. (This happened me last night and it took me 45mins to try and get the box to boot again) I suppose I should mention when it does finally boot it works perfectly.

THINGS I'VE TRIED: Original image on box was "Peter Pan Neverland" but had this power issue so reflashed with the image I mentioned above in the hope to resolve this booting issue however I did'nt work.

Now I just leave the box powered ON on a constant basis.

Just wondering does anyone have this problem or anyone know of a solution. Apologies for being so long winded but wanted to give as much detail as I could.

Cheers

2. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

had similar issues with dm800 clone. opened the box and found that there were bits of plastic lying between fan and motherboard. Once removed all was ok