1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dreambox 500

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by micky7569, Oct 13, 2011.

1. micky7569

micky7569 Member

Hi i get this on dreambox control centre Telnet Connected
    FTP Connected
    Model DM500 detected

then i go to ftp tab var then etc and i cant find cccam how do i have to install it somewhere thanks

2. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Have ya searched for the Dreambox guide on here? Excellent guide by Piopat on the Dreambox and files etc

3. micky7569

micky7569 Member

yes its really good just this last bit and im there.Im a noob and think ive followed his guide but im a little stuck.

4. jimbo600

jimbo600 Regular member

5. piopat

piopat Active member

if you went ti var and the etc and you dont see the cccam.cfg file it means you dont have cccam installed .how you install cccam depends on the image you have ,some images allow you to install cccam using the remote control and with other images you have to manually install cccam using dream control center .if you tell me what image you have on the box i can advise you better .

6. micky7569

micky7569 Member

Cheers i was using gemini you are right i had to install cccam but could not work out how to do this so i installed darkstar 2 and installed cccam using remote control got there in the end.The problem with darkstar is when i scan im not getting movies and some other channels with auto scan.I did manual scan and movies have an ! next to them and dont work.Can you install cccam on gemini with control or do you have to use dream up.I have a clone i think.Also can you sort channels out in order with dream editor i have read a bit about bouquets am on the right lines.Many thanks for your replies you have been a big help.Im a nooby to this.

7. piopat

piopat Active member

in the first link of my signature area you can download a good nabilo maxvar v8 image for a dm500s download it and reflash the box . did you do a flash erase before you put the nabilo image on? ,if not i suggest you perform a flash erase before flashing the box .to flash erase open dreamup and look just above where you see flash and you should see flash erase (click on it) it only takes a few seconds and then flash the box as normal .

when your box is flashed and up and running let me know and ill give you a link where you can download a bouquet .

8. micky7569

micky7569 Member

Yes thats the one i used when i scan with gemini and ply i get a good auto scan it gets 800 services takes 25 mins ish with darkstar it takes 4 mins and gets 200 channels i did flash erase b4 flashing to get more channels with darkstar i did manual but they dont work i get all the auto no probs i will have a go with gemini but you guide us a bit different to get to work from hopefully i will get there ps i have pm you thanks for your help.

9. piopat

piopat Active member

thats strange the maxvar v8 images works fine ive used it on a few boxes ,you could try putting an uptodate satellite.xml file into the box ,this file contains all the frequencies. you can download a satellite.xml file from link number 1 of my signature area ,then open dream control center and onscreen you will see two boxes of files (the box on the left contains files in your dm500s ) and (the files in the box on the right contain files in your pc )and in between the two boxes you will see two little arrows one pointing left and the other pointing right .

ok so open dcc and click on ftp (bottom left of screen), now in the box on the left double click on var ,then double click on etc , now look in the box on the right you should see the satellite.xml file you just downloaded click on the file once to highlight it ,now look between the two boxes and click on the little arrow pointing left ,if you look in the box on the left now the satellite.xml file should be in there .now exit from dcc and on your box do an automatic transponder scan and when its done check to see if you have the missing channels .