1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreambox 500c help

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by baz316, Aug 4, 2007.

1. baz316

baz316 Member

I have just bought a dreambox but i am not picking up any channels, when im scanning the BER IS AT 1657765, the manual says it sould be at 0 to 20, then when a valid transponder has been found the SNR is at 0, AGG IS AT 42 AND BER 1657765, its says in the manual to check the lock and sync boxes after this but it doesent allow me, it just goes straight by them, so i just pressed ok to start the scan, im getting numbers comming up on the transponder scan but no numbers are comming up on the services scanned, then when its finished scanning theres no channels, why is the BER so high, that must be the problem why im not getting anything, ive tryed it on both of the cable providers and its just the same, the cable providers are SR6900 and SR6875, Im on v med*ia, can anyone help?

2. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

That symbol rates are not used in the UK.
    Flash a UK modded image. I guess the keys are also missing. The original image doesn't support any illegal actions.

3. dm011mike

dm011mike Member

i must also have the box the same as you Automatic Transponder Scan SR6900/SR6875 i get the same as you no channels.
    i have another dreambox 500c that works fine with CABLE UK settings 6952/6887 can i transfer everything that is in that 1 to the other through a NULL MODEM CABLE.
    oh! i am new to this what do you mean by FLASH A UK MODDED IMAGE how do you do that i mean step by step.please send link if any about step by step

Last edited: Aug 14, 2007
  4. dm011mike

dm011mike Member

5. marc77

marc77 Member

hi bazz 316
    i am woundering what de hell to do to get mt dreambox 500c to work ive tried evweything under the sun thanks marc 087 2606137

6. baz316

baz316 Member

You have to flash it, i tryed for 2 weeks to do it but it was to complicated, i ended up having to sell it on ebay and buying another one that said plug and play on the auction.

7. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

A simple flash via nullmodem cable and dreamup was too complicated?

8. baz316

baz316 Member

Its ok for people like you who no alot about computers and can do it easily but i only know how to do the basic stuff, if i gave you intructions on how to wire up a main board for a house could you do that, it basicly the same!!!

9. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

You have to connnect box and pc via nullmodem cable, start dreamup and click 2 or 3 buttons.
    I guess buying a ticket for the sub in London is more complicated.

10. baz316

baz316 Member

Come on there a lot more to it than that!!!

11. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Tell me which steps are additionally necessary.
    I do nothing more and suprisingly I can flash a dreambox.

12. adey

adey Member

hi everyone. First timer here. I have a Dreambox500c and live in the uk. I am in the same position as Baz my Dreambox cant pick up any channels either. can someone give me an idiots guide into setting up and flashing the box as well has what image i need. and whats a null cable. Am i totaly out of my depth? Cheers all. Adey

13. birdblue

birdblue Member

14. birdblue

birdblue Member

I'm glad I found this forum as I have been stressed out about having the same problem, I allready have one D,B that works ok, so I thought I'd have one for the bedroom. The guy I bought it off has just told me the one I had off him was flashed, and my new one will have to be flashed as well. Having know this in the first place I could have saved myself about 5 hours, well now we know.
    I hope you all get yours sorted an get up and running soon.