1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreambox 500c in UK are excellent boxes

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by David28, Mar 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dejavus

Dejavus Member

Help, i have configured ngrab to record from the db500c and the resulting files consist of two files, 1 has an estension of .eit and the other has an extension of .ts i have tried playing with vlc but with no result. please help

2. gamlin25

gamlin25 Member

yeah my s.sports has gone down again, i did go down the null modem route but the chanel still says no service is there any new software to download through the null modem route??????

3. lyndon70

lyndon70 Member

hi
    can anyone tell me if you can get foreign channels(german swedish ect) on these boxes by connecting up to your local provider.
    thanx

4. badbadmck

badbadmck Member

just picked another dm500c up,set it up in bedroom& some channels have a weak signal. when i had this problem with my dm500 downstairs I bought a
    Cable TV/Modem amplifier with 30dB gain with return path. However I am now thinking about buying a 3WAY 30dB CATV Cable TV Booster Amplifier RETURN PATH, just in case I decide to add more boxes, any advice on which kind to use?

5. mark33

mark33 Member

Hi, I've just bought a second hand DM 500-C, i have sucessfully flashed with the recommended image using null modem. I can find a transponder but when i scan (using bruteforce IRL) it cannot find any channels. I know my signal is OK because i have a starv**w box which finds all channels. Any pointers? Thanks.

6. Blura

Blura Guest

It sound like your not scanning the right feqencies. Make sure your have an Ireland cable.xml file in the box before scanning.

7. glyn58

glyn58 Member

try putting in new keys

8. WITKO

WITKO Regular member

hi just flashed box with dw 2.i can still only get fta channels any hints or advice thanks

9. _Neil_

_Neil_ Member

Hi, Im thinking of buying a dreambox but would like to know if it decodes the HD channels. If not, could you reccommend a box that would?

Thanks

10. glic83

glic83 Regular member

the dreambox 800 does mate but it costs a fair bit might be better off waiting considering the small amount of hd content available on cable at the mo

11. interat

interat Member

Stick with eurovox if your picture is poor its your TV not the box, dream box is a nightmare to install and fix, just look at the problems people are having in this forum, i have the same box as you and the picture quality is great.

12. interat

interat Member

sorry to but in, but I can only get free to air stations, re flashed, can you put in keys manually with this box, its a night mare.

13. glic83

glic83 Regular member

you can ftp kes over to the dreambox,i thinks its 1 of best my own opinion,its not for people starting out though its takes a bit of time to learn what you are doing,but after that its easy

14. Brufen

Brufen Guest

Hi,

Im in Oxford dram box 500c was working till yesterday 26th nov 08 and today on the 27th nov its all gone. All i see are names of the channels but when you select it i get no picture or sound. Need help mates.

15. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

I see that something has happened to peoples' signals or something. Either way the forums are overrun with CODE BEGGARS and i'm having trouble keeping up with all the BEGGING ie Forum Rule abuse so i see no other course of action but to close them all down, i see even the long-running threads are being abused too.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/662154

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.