1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreambox 500c in UK are excellent boxes

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by David28, Mar 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flumbuff

Flumbuff Member

Hi, please forgive my ignorance as I am sure that this question has probably been asked a zillion times before - but I can't find the answer.
    I have a DM500C which has be reset to factory settings. I live in the northwest (near liverpool)and am looking for an image that will work for NTL/Virgin. I have had no luck in tracing one - or am I looking for the wrong thing? I have not got a clue about these things. I have a nul cable with the box apparently and have downloaded and installed dreamup ready for the flashing. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. reeso

reeso Guest

3. reeso

reeso Guest

4. tdw197

tdw197 Member

Reeso,

Just bought one of these boxes after reading the (mostly) good reviews on here.

Could you let me know the name of the image you reccomend as your link up doesn't work and I suspect the number 6 you referenced earlier is no longer number 6.

Cheers for any help, tom

5. Flumbuff

Flumbuff Member

Hi Reeso, thanks for the help. I was able to flash the image to the box but when I did a search I was unable to get any programs in the UK, I suspect I need some sort of ad-on or another image of sorts?? I have had this DM500c for a while now but have yet to be able watch any programs - frustration rules! Any help more than welcome.

6. reeso

reeso Guest

check your pm and hope this helps.

7. pattotap

pattotap Member

hi flumbuff i live in stockport you need dw1.6.5 image i loaded this myself last week and up till now it works perfect i tried gemini but that does not work i'm sorry but i can't remember where i got it if you look around you will come across it thats what i did.

8. pattotap

pattotap Member

i just remembered digital world go to the cable link then into cable receivers you will see dreambox go in there there you will see downloads area go in there then you will see images second one down digitalworldz dream 1.6.5 download it

9. glic83

glic83 Regular member

gemimi will work but you have to download and install the cams yourself or if you can connect the box to the internet you can install via the blue button,lads why are ye all not using dw 2.0 far better image than dw 1.65 (not that 1.65 isnt a great image) and has the irish providers now as standard

10. pattotap

pattotap Member

where can i download dw 2.0 thanks

11. Flumbuff

Flumbuff Member

I would like to express a great big 'Thank You' to those that replied with help especially Reeso whose pm pointed me in the right direction. I am now one of the band of brothers enjoying his Dreambox 500. Thanks again guys, much appreciated!!

12. P_J_C

P_J_C Member

I am also interested in getting th DW2.0 image. I have just bought a DM500C and am currently running Gemini 4.10.

I have tried to register with Digital World with no success!!!

13. reeso

reeso Guest

14. pattotap

pattotap Member

i don't see dw2.0 image on there.

15. pattotap

pattotap Member

16. pattotap

pattotap Member

I could not get dw 2.0 to pick up all the channels do you have to rescan it when you put dw2.0 on.

17. glic83

glic83 Regular member

try a rescan also if you are not getting all channels try changing the tunner type

18. pattotap

pattotap Member

thanks glic what is a tuner type i flashed this myself but i still don't know all there is to know about the dreambox.

19. uk_sam

uk_sam Member

Can anyone pm with a reliable online retailer for the dreambox dm500c? I have virgin media cable but bit worried about unreliable clones. Thanks.

20. WITKO

WITKO Regular member

from what i heard clones are as good as the genuine thing , and they stopped making the genuine ones a while back , please correct me if Iam wrong

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.