1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreambox 500c in UK are excellent boxes

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by David28, Mar 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WITKO

WITKO Regular member

hi i cant d/l image to box using null modem cable have tried many times to ,with no luck am using laptop and USB adapter any advice would be great,thanks

2. badbadmck

badbadmck Member

I had to flash my dm 500c as it was just freezing up all the time.loaded enigma & can only get freeview channels. Would greatly appreciate it if someone could help, me through the final stages to make the most of my box. Cannot get past registration on digital world to use their image

3. pattotap

pattotap Member

badbad try www.mercs.us you will see images for the dreambox on there.

4. badbadmck

badbadmck Member

thanks patt, worked a dream if you pardon the pun. much appreciated

5. pattotap

pattotap Member

badbad what image did you use i've tried dw2.0 but it does not load all the channels. i use dw 1.6.5

6. badbadmck

badbadmck Member

THIS IS WHAT I USED, STILL FREEZES OCCASIONALLY BUT OK FOR BOYS TO WATCH.
    FOUND EUROVOX A LOT BETTER
    DigitalWorldz Dream v2.0 (Enigma DM500) Image - 5.30mb - readme

thanx to DigitalWorldz

SERVICES

7. glic83

glic83 Regular member

freezing is usually signal related what is you signal,you could also try a different cam

8. badbadmck

badbadmck Member

am a bit in the dark now. haw do you tell what signal, also know nothing about cams but any help will be gratefully received

9. glic83

glic83 Regular member

press info on the top left hand side you will see your signal,in relation to cams if you are watchin a channels push blue go to emu selection you probably have evocamd if you scroll left and right you will see if you have any others if you connect the box to the internet you can download more cams via the remote,g box is another very good cam

10. badbadmck

badbadmck Member

seem to have sorted freezing issue, thanks.
    trying to sort bouquets using dream box edit but struggling with that, anyone got a guide for dummies?
    if i get that sorted i can get on with half done jobs in the house & wife will stop giving me grief

11. pattotap

pattotap Member

how do you get satanta live

12. badbadmck

badbadmck Member

cant find that yet patt, if you do please let me know

13. pattotap

pattotap Member

is satanta sports live just on irish tv

14. jamescarr

jamescarr Member

Sorry if this has been answered already but just simple question, my friend moving into new apratment in Dublin supplied with Magnet, he has Starview box already would it simply just work if plugged into Magnet system?

15. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

SV will NOT work with Magnet James

16. kirit1

kirit1 Member

ive been watching this thread since december and am curious about some things:

i personally have dreambox 5620s (a sat receiver) but i dont think its that great its hard to set up and impossible to get british channels anyway

so what makes the dreambox 500c any better. from what i have seen requires the same sort of technology to set it up- ie cams, images, all of which need to be sent using dream up anyway.

so why would the dreambox 500c be more popular than eurovox- which from what i understand is a much easier box to set-up and scan for channels?

i have heard rumours that dreambox is better in the long run and will always allow you to get all the channels available on cable- but that doesnt seem to be the case reading through many posts here, as many people continue to struggle to even get the full range of channels.

and the numbers that complain about setting- up the box far outstrip complaints about starview or eurovox.

if the dreambox 500C cams really are auto-updating- why dont sellers simply load them pre-purchase allowing buyers to simply scan and watch?

your views please?
    especially scouser, glic and any others mods/admin/experts etc

17. glic83

glic83 Regular member

well in my opinion the dreambox is straight forward to set up but not to the novice if you want something which you take out of the box and scan the dreambox isnt for you,also the reason traders dont sell them with images pre-load is because it is illegal to do so.

you can do a lot more with the dreambox than you can with the box or eurovox,you can strem to your pc for recording and stuff,yes they do auto update but so do most receivers,but when the change over happens imo it will be the dreambox that will be back 1st if any are,the images are open source and you can get them with the cams built in and cables.xml for Ireland as standard and there really are some great images out there and you have the option of neutrino,gemini and engima,my own fav is dw 2.0 very solid image and works flawlessly for me.

Missing channels are usually down to signal strenght and the dm 500c are well known for there weak tunners but i never personally have had a problem with this but anyone with missing channels can either change the tunner type to old and try a rescan if that doesnt work they can try a booster

Last edited: Feb 5, 2008
  18. WITKO

WITKO Regular member

all said and done your better of by far with a pvr, d/b are hard to set up I have one with 1.6.5 image and i cant get hardly any chls have e/v ,and replay pvr no probs ,have tried everything to get d/b working at this stage i give up ,ps did nt try dw2 dont think i will bother ,my opinion only to much like work

19. kirit1

kirit1 Member

i heard picture quality is crap with eurovox- and its hard to get all the channels- any truth in this?

yep i have a DB sat receiver- and its a headache to sort it out - the procedures are all the same- cams, images etc- its just a pain to do

if the eurovox is easier- im definately thinking of buying 1

20. glic83

glic83 Regular member

have you the 500 or 600?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.