1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreambox 500c in UK are excellent boxes

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by David28, Mar 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kirit1

kirit1 Member

is that 2 u or 2 me

2. glic83

glic83 Regular member

no that was to WITKO,kirit1 you could try the igate or kryptview the picture is supposed to be very good on those but ive never used them myself

Last edited: Feb 7, 2008
  3. kirit1

kirit1 Member

although picture quality is important to me- i really do want something which is easy to set-up computers arent my strong point- im just a student- so i have enough studying to do without reading loads of complex stuff- i just want something thats pretty much ready to to go

4. glic83

glic83 Regular member

the eurovox,starview,igate and kryptview all require some basic computer skills, the dreambox and dbox are harder to set up but i think they are worth it in the long run,you can get a dm 500c flash it with dw 2.0 it has Ireland built in as standard in the scaning it has the cams and keys, its a great image,and if you connect it to your router with an ethernet cable and just update the box via the blue button its very handy

5. kirit1

kirit1 Member

so you say:

"flash it with dw 2.0 it has Ireland built in as standard in the scaning it has the cams and keys, its a great image"

ok im going to need to work through this step at a time.

what your saying is that unlike a sat recevier- eg dreambox 5620- where you first flash the image, then the cams, then the keys (from somewhere like satan)

all i need to do is flash an image- dw2.0 (with dreamup) to the dreambox 500C- which has the cams and keys built into the image- and then obviously perform a scan to find the channels and thats it!!

no surely it cant be that simple!!

the dreambox sat receivers are much more time-consuming to set-up and often harder- i know i have a 5620s
    i had to send an image- usually gemini project, then find the new version of CCam, or gbox, or MGcam, and then go to get satan keys

and your telling me that dw2.0 has cams and keys...built into an image?

i live in london, england- you mentioned that its already set-up for Ireland- do you think it will also be set up for london England?

6. P_J_C

P_J_C Member

I live in Manchester (ex C&W) and it was that simple for me.

7. glic83

glic83 Regular member

yes it really is that simple most images were always set up for scanning for the uk its only the more recent 1's that are set up with both uk and ireland for scanning,flash it using dream up and a null modem cable its very easy

8. kirit1

kirit1 Member

well can u reccomend somewhere that wont sell me a clone
    i heard there are loads of clones about and ive seen the youtube videos- so i naturally need to be careful

so how long do u reckon dw2.0 will last for

ive heard the keys auto-update
    which is obviously just as well as it saves me a lot of hassle

9. glic83

glic83 Regular member

the only way you can be 100% sure you dont get a clone is to go for the 600,the clones are great,in a lot of cases people reckon they work better than there orginal 500c,in relation to dw 2.0 i have had no hassle with it running it now since before christmas and have to say not a bother with it

10. kirit1

kirit1 Member

the dreambox 600C is a PVR or a sat receiver- not a cable receiver!
    i need a cable receiver- so how is DB600 any use?

11. glic83

glic83 Regular member

are you for real?you can get the 600 in the C,T or S type tunner,and you can get it with or without the hard drive

c = cable
    t = terrestrial
    s = sat

Last edited: Feb 8, 2008
  12. WITKO

WITKO Regular member

glic83 sorry didnt get back to you my probwith dream box is that when using dream up with null modem cable , the programme cant be d/l ed to box because pc cant find box ,any help advice 'would be great, as i said before 1.6.5 is already on the box but i keep getting switch. ;no service available yet the e/v and replay box have no problem getting channels 'any help thanks ,oh am in dublin

13. glic83

glic83 Regular member

when using dreamp up via null modem make sure the use network box is unticked,and try a few different com ports for me i have to use com3,now you can use other programs flash wizard pro is another,you could ftp the image onto the box,when you say you are getting hardly any channels its not picking them up in a scan or its picking them up but the screen stays black what tunner type have you selected?old,alt or new type?what is you sig on the channels that you do have?

14. WITKO

WITKO Regular member

yeah the screen stays black ,also tried rescan ,was getting some channels now none at all ,had about 50 channels some movie ch no sports ch , i will try dream up again tomorrow let you know how i get on thanks for reply

15. glic83

glic83 Regular member

push blue go into dream menu and change or restart the emu

16. WITKO

WITKO Regular member

glic83 sorry didnt get back to you ,you were right its a signal problem works great everwhere but my house, thanks again

17. glic83

glic83 Regular member

did you try an slx booster?

18. WITKO

WITKO Regular member

no am getting new outlet in that should do the trick, hopefully if not will try booster

19. WITKO

WITKO Regular member

oh just a after thought when i tried to us dream up there was only one com port on it, com3,unticked the network box but still would nt work for me

20. tinbox134

tinbox134 Member

Just a quick reply on the store where to buy.

www.thedreamboxstore.co.uk and chinawholesale.com and statellite-receiver.co.uk and dreamboxshops.co.uk are all runs by the same person.
    check through the china search site I found:

Company Name: The Dreambox Store uk
    Contact Person: Mr. david smedley

Street Address: 25 Lon Gwesyn
    City: Birchgrove
    Province/State: Swansea
    Country/Region: United Kingdom
    Zip: SA7 9LD
    Telephone: 44-7772-647176
    Fax: 44

I only did this as I cannot found the thedreamboxstore official website anymore.

Did anyone loose any purchase within this month ?

Their boxes certainly made from China and it is a clone (not saying it is bad). I suppose we care if it will deliver to door and the rest technical help are among forums.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.