1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreambox 500c in UK are excellent boxes

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by David28, Mar 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reeso

reeso Guest

mate your an idiot whats the point in putting someones name on here this is a discussion about how to work dreamboxes not put peoples names on here.
    what a waste of peoples time you are pal.
    LOSER!!

2. reeso

reeso Guest

ALSO does anyone else know when the dreambox 8000 is going to be released??

3. gregory85

gregory85 Guest

tinbox134 what are you talking about mate, are you telling us not to buy from this company or what???
    i just looked at the websites and there are different names and i phoned one and he is chinese that is chinawholesale.com and i also phoned satellite-receiver.com is also a chinese bloke, but i phoned the number for the dreambox store and he was welsh, and seemed legit enough to me so i ordered with him.
    but i agree the chinawholesale and satellite reciever.com are chinese people, they aint even based in the uk.
    SO WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO TELL US??
    Are you trying to tell us not to buy or to buy from them????

4. johndoes

johndoes Member

Hi...this is my first post...does anyone know if flashing latest dreamworldz image onto box which currently has gemini will cause problems???? many thxs

5. glic83

glic83 Regular member

depends on what you use to flash it if you use flash wizard pro then you will have problems but if you use dream up it will take longer but it will be hassle free

6. johndoes

johndoes Member

many thanks...will give it a go!!

7. jamdorj

jamdorj Member

i've recently bought a dreambox 500c, but it's not flashed, could someone please be kind enough to send me an image.. thanks in advance.

8. glic83

glic83 Regular member

go to www.techno-source.co.uk and you will get all you need,have you a null modem cable and a serial port on your computer?

9. jamdorj

jamdorj Member

thanks for showing me the right direction...yes, my pc has got a serial port and i did order a null modem cable yesterday through ebay, so hopefully i should get it by next week, in the meantime i'm gonna go through the website and see what i can learn about dreambox and which image should i try and download. thanks once again mate, for your help.

10. b4dboy

b4dboy Member

Hi Dave,

How easy is this to setup compared to a dbox?

and you mentioned the box updates the keys automatically, so i assume you do not have to updates the keys if they change?

if so does it use the Internet to do this or via the cable connection to Virgin Media?

Many Thanks in advance

11. glic83

glic83 Regular member

no hassle mate i would recommend the dw 2.0 image its an excellent image and it has everything you need in the image

12. glic83

glic83 Regular member

if you can flash a dbox you shouldnt have any trouble flashing a dreambox,once the box is connected to an active cable feed it will update away,if you have a null modem cable and a serial port on your computer you can use dream up to flash the box which is the easiest if you dont then you can just ftp over to the box

13. jamdorj

jamdorj Member

Thanks for your advice mate, but atfirst as you know I've to write 10 posts before I can actually start to download the image. I've done about 6 posts, so 4 more to go ;) btw is it possible for you or anyone to pass me the dw 2.0 image if it's not a problem, would be much appreciated.

14. glic83

glic83 Regular member

as far as i know you only need 5 posts now try to download it 1st if you can,you can post a joke,post something about your fav team in sports,introduce yourself,give feedback on what you think of the site,you will have the other posts made up in no time

Last edited: Mar 29, 2008
  15. jamdorj

jamdorj Member

thanks glic, u've been of real help, i've now done 10 posts and downloaded the D.W. v2.0 image, is that the one u recommended?

16. glic83

glic83 Regular member

yeah thats the one do a scan when the scan is finished go to a channel that displays nothing and press blue restart evocamd and then go to a premium channel ie sky sports and wait for it to clear,enjoy

17. jamdorj

jamdorj Member

thanks bro, now all i have to do is wait for the null modem cable to turn up and then i'll have a go at it.

18. jamdorj

jamdorj Member

one thing i forgot to ask was, what sort of channels can i expect to get from the 500c?

19. glic83

glic83 Regular member

you will get all the channels that your cable provider transmits

20. pattotap

pattotap Member

i live in england.if i put fw 2.0 on my dreambox 500c should i get the irish transponders.i've tried this before but it only picked up a few channels i'm on fw 1.6.5

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.