1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreambox 500C Transponders

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by rstfiesta, May 14, 2007.

1. rstfiesta

rstfiesta Member

Hi, i have just purchased a DM500C of Ebay but it has German transponders or default not sure (SR6900 & SR6875). How can i change the Transponders to those of the UK (SR6887) so it will do a auto search instead of me having to do it manually?
    Also i am new to all this and it has taken me a couple of days so far to change the image to Gemini Project 3.5.0, i dont know if this is the best to use?
    In order to get all chanels and to descramble them i apparently have to install a EMU and AUTOUPDATEKEY but am not sure which is the latest , the best and most compatible with gemini and and my box. which should i go for?
    Once i get the above files how do i transfer them to my box? i did the image via a rs232 null cable and dreamup program but when trying to use a DCC dreambox control centre 292 i cant conect! what do i do now?
    Thanks

2. rob7b

rob7b Member

i had a similar problem, but i managed to find this image, not sure which one it is but i flashed it using dreamup and eveything works perfectly if you know what i mean.

those transponders you refer to (SR6900 & SR6875), well they are different once flashed, you get 2 new options, i scanned the top trasnponder but you might need to try both depending on where you live in the uk.

hope this helps

the link is: http://rapidshare.com/files/34327484/dreambox_500c_uk_cable_image.zip.html

3. rob7b

rob7b Member

oh and with regards the emu and autoupdate key, i think people are refering to the dm 500s (satellite box).

just flash your cable dreambox 500c with the image above and thats all you need to do, once you have found a valid transponder "uncheck" the get only free channels and your as right as rain. you dont need to download anything else.

good luck, and let us know how you get on

4. joeGUE

joeGUE Member

Thanks for that I have been looking for a working image forever.

5. rob7b

rob7b Member

joeGUE,

when you do your automatic transponder scan do you get E4 and E4+1 ??

just i cant seem to find those channels.

ta

6. joeGUE

joeGUE Member

yes 28.2e free, a lot of rubbish as well i am looking for am image like the one for 500c all channels do you know any?
    joe

7. rob7b

rob7b Member

well i can get it on the satellite but when i try and find it on cable it isnt there...but i've now found out that e4, e4+1, more 4 and more 4+1 are broadbast on a weak transponder so i need a booster to receive them. not to worry cos they are on freeview too.

with regards your cable image for the 500c, the one above is the one that your looking for, it is for the 500c cable box, not the 500s (satellite box).

8. rob7b

rob7b Member

sorry i miss read your comment. i believe that there is no such image out there for 28.2 e.

this is because it is sent using videoguard, which is near impossible to break. one other option is cardsh.aring, but i havent tried this. most people charge for this, or you might need to share your own card with someone else i think. even then, some people say that the screen freezes or flicks every 10s when the dreambox updates the keys.

9. joeGUE

joeGUE Member

Thanks fot that I may try cardshare if I can find any

Joe

10. kirit1

kirit1 Member

i have dreambox 5620 the procedure is the same for all, i have tried and failed to find cardsharing sites so if somebody finds one let me know, im connected to a massive triax with 3 LNB facing hotbird and astra 19 and 28.2, but its crap i get no sly tv channels in london. so if anyone knows the way round it, gimme a shout

11. will65

will65 Member

ive just installed this image and just getting blank screens ?