1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreambox 500s help before I go mad...

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by Joebhoy, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Joebhoy

Joebhoy Member

Have a big problem and I'm at it to long.

I have a dreambox 500s got it up and running after many hours of reading and more hours and nearly bouncing it off the wall. My latest problem is I tried to flash with DreamUp using the correct cable we got nowhere then someone suggested FlashWizard and I couldn't believe I jumped for the sky roaring I have concorde this annoying fusking pain in the ass then just as everuything is my lifes screws so soes my flashwizard getting stuck and not moving for exactly 2 days.

Now when I plug in my 500s I get a light on the front, connect to router with lan cable I get the inside light going, after 10 minutes the power button at the front turns off while the inside light stays on. Nothing on tv.

I have tried every dreamupLan/dreamup a pserson can use I cannot just get it to work. Also the box will not respond to the remote whatsoever even with new batterys.

Help me please.

2. hooter007

hooter007 Regular member

joebhoy you are asking in the wrong part of the forum m8
    i try asking sg8 piopat fintannl nightsjod just to mention a couple that may know a bit about them boxes

Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
  3. Joebhoy

Joebhoy Member

I'm sure fintannl is stick of my PM'ing him at this stage.

Can a mod move the thread please.

4. bigdunc

bigdunc Regular member

Try taking the top off the box
    And make sure the push on ribbons have not come loose or off
    As this willrender the remote useless...........Paul