1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DREAMBOX 500S

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by sagem1, Jun 18, 2007.

1. a6imb

a6imb Guest

I am new to dreambox 500 and i just reset my device to factory settings :(
    1) I was able to get all the channels back, but was wondering If I have to download any other software ..Can any1 tell me what software and how I can download them?
    2) I am trying to record something using my laptop.. I am able to access my device through lan but when I click the Recording button, it gives me this msg: "Record failed due to inaccessable storage"

Can anyone Please tell me what to do regarding those two items? I really appreciate that.

2. thfc11

thfc11 Member

looking for help to rescan channell back into a dream 500c reset the box
    please help

3. quantumIE

quantumIE Member

Hello,
    can someone help me here, I have a valid sky subscription, but I was looking to change over to using a 500s instead.
    This is my master plan:
    1. Replace the sky lnb with a dual lnb,
    2. Replace the sky pace box with a 500s in room1
    3. run a new cable from the lnb output #2 to another 500s in the room2
    4. attach both boxes to my home lan.
    5. Put the sky card in one box
    6. (magic cloud here about cardsharing) :)

I know I could get just get sky multiroom, but im looking for a new weekend project and this seems more interesting. I may even get a quad lnb to allow me to expand to extra rooms if i need to.

If someone could fill in step 6 before I go buying any gear that would be great!

Thanks!

4. moey187

moey187 Member

Hey People,
    I was just wondering if there is a way to get optus channels for FREE using the DreamBox 500-s if there is a way can someone explain it to me.
    Thanks