1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreambox 500T 500C Fixes here

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Satlinksw, Apr 4, 2008.

1. anto1969

anto1969 Regular member

Thanks Chris for your great link on how to update dreamboxes never done them before but followed your advice using the null modem method and got 5 boxes going again so a big thank you and happy new year:)

2. iarema7

iarema7 Member

hi , happy new year to evryone.,
    can somebody send me rom's and k** for this image???
    Please
    Thanks

3. popey21

popey21 Member

Hi im new do this and it seems the more i read this post the more i get confused. i dont have a null modem cable. The link for Flash Wizard Image is dead. persumably all i will need is the flash image and an cross over cable to get this box working. can anyone post or send on the flash image file

thanks

4. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

New fresh images No double Channels Added today

Right heres the crack guys. Everything you need is in this image simply go to menu and Autosearch transponder. Scroll right to the bottom of the list and choose your provider i.e Bruteforce UK Chorus etc.

Do a scan once this is finished go to a premium channel. I always select bravo.

Click info for few seconds restart the cam and WAIT!

Within a few minutes you will have everything.

GUYS I HAVE TSETED THIS BEFORE I POSTED IT UP SO I KNOW IT WORKS.

Also i deleted the keys from the keylist.txt as it rolls and adds its own keys for your provider so you will only have 2 lines in your keylist txt.

Null Modem Image

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4ZYFXKIV

Flash Wizard Image (added again today)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6PTDXF5V

5. popey21

popey21 Member

Thanks cgscott ,i will give this a go

6. timberflo

timberflo Member

hi guys, first time trying to fix this so forgive me if a little confused. i have tried to download these images but it just doesnt seem to work for me. also if anyone has a real idiots guide how to get the chanells back it would be appreciated. i am using a mac if that makes a diffrence? thanks

7. Gwhelan

Gwhelan Member

Hey cgscott

I done everything your guide has said to do and i get as far as resetting the cam. The scan finds all the channels but when I reset the cam I still cant view them.

Its because the codes are not valid or deleted as you said. Is there any way i can manually enter the codes because for some reason the auto roll isn't working for me. I'm in Dublin and I use N*l has anyone else had a problem from them?

Any fix will do at this stage I just want the channels back.

Thanks

Graham

8. iarema7

iarema7 Member

Thanks cgscott
    Perfect working, but only one for me, (flashwizard backup).

Thanks again

9. Gwhelan

Gwhelan Member

Hey guys I would like to thank cgscott for this great image, I just got mine working a minute ago and thanks to everyone else on the forum because without the help from all of you I would been watching a lot more dvd's.

Thanks again

Graham

10. popey21

popey21 Member

i posted what i did as a first time newb i never even seen one of these boxes untill today

i set up tcp/ip on my ethernet card as instructed from the dreambox how v.0.5.chm link that was posted earlier

i could not get in to expert mode as someone had setup a pin number on the box. pingged a few ip address ,guessing until i got a response from 192.168.1.2. ran flashwizard 6.3 chose to restart the box, box restarted witch confirm i was connected to the right device.

dragged the freshimageworking.fw2 file on to falshwizard 6.3 that was posted in previos post.
    when that completed i waited for about 5 mins but no repsone from the box. unplugged box switched back on. now have totall different screens. followed advice "to simply go to menu and Autosearch transponder. Scroll right to the bottom of the list and choose your provider i.e Bruteforce UK Chorus etc." this is scanning away for ages while i type this instructions.

then i relaleased there a message saying valid transponder found press green button

now i have loads of channels.

thanks for the post lads. thanks cgscott

11. Phase123

Phase123 Regular member

"i posted what i did as a first time newb i never even seen one of these boxes untill today"

Proves it`s easy if you follow the guide properly. NP

12. smerlin

smerlin Member

Many thanks to Cgscott once again, my wife and I got tired of watching "A place in the sun" on "Travel and Living" already (one of the two channels we still could get). We saw many nice houses in warm countries, but we've no money to buy them anyway, and we're so happy with this great image which include many channels we did not have before!

Here is what I did:

First I tried to connect to the box with my null modem cable, but since I sold my old computer I don't have a Com port anymore. So I bought a USB to RS232 cable, and I could install the cable but still was unable to get a connection with the Dreambox. If readers here experience the same problem, better don't bother to get a USB to Com cable, because I learned it depends on many factors if this will work or not; in most cases it just won't work.

So then I followed Cgscotts advice to connect with a crossover cable, and use DCC to make a connection to the Dreambox, after which I started Flaswizard and entered the same IP address of the DB in Flashwizard, and then flashed the image.

The Dreambox needs a bit more time to start, it seems to hang but it doesn't so just be patient. Then I did a Bruteforce UK scan and sure enough it found all the channels (and even more then I had before).

However, after I restarted my Dreambox it didn't calculate the new keyfiles, and rebooting pressing the "off" button and then restarting the Evocam way did not help, after reading here in the forum again I learned you really need to press the "info" button for a view seconds and then restart Evocam; after 15 seconds, voila! It works like a charm!!

Sorry for my long post, but I hope to be of help for the people who still have to do the same thing.

Many thanks to Cgscott and happy 2009!

13. mossymor

mossymor Member

14. mossymor

mossymor Member

Hi
    A null modem cable is not the same as an RS232 cable. Maybe this is why your first efforts didn't work

15. markarman

markarman Regular member

i have a null modem cable and a usb to serial port cable and it works fine for me.

its the rs232 cable that is your problem (i think)

good luck

16. quantumIE

quantumIE Member

hey,
    I tried the cgscott dreamup image on two different boxes with no luck.
    Tried the Flash Wizard version (my 1st time using flash wizard too) and it worked instantly. As it happens I keep my dm500 always networked so it was a sweet job to reflash it.

can confirm the Flash Wizard image works in cork :)

thanks again.

17. Rayzor101

Rayzor101 Member

Hi there,
    I have followed cgscott's instructions completely. I flashed using a null cable and although it seems to have found all the channels i can only view a handful (r*e, s*y sp*ts X*ra, etc)
    What am i missing/failing to do ??

18. markarman

markarman Regular member

either

a) restart the evocam (press and hold info until your menu option changes then select ok to re-start the evocam)

or

b) your scanning the wrong servise supplier (i live in dublin and scanned nt hell dublin with no joy, i rescanned using bruetforce uk)

good luck

Mark ..

19. Mick1961

Mick1961 Member

Sorry folks if I'm going over old ground. I've plenty of experience with Starview and Eurovox boxes. I was handed a Dreambox 500C last week. Never seen one before that. I've managed to flash using latest files from Eamo's library (hope that's right). I then scanned ... only three service providers showing (2 CableUK and bruteforce) ... even tho' I'm in N*l Dublin area. Anyways I scanned bruteforce and picked up lots of channels but only the FTA channels can be viewed (RTE, Sly sports Xtra etc). I eventually managed to get FTP connection with my PC and updated latest codes in var/keys/keylist.txt. Didn't help !!! What am I doing wrong ???

20. Mick1961

Mick1961 Member

I see lots of references on the forum to cams (evocam etc), I've not a clue what this is all about !!!