Dreambox 500T 500C Fixes here

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Satlinksw, Apr 4, 2008.

1. Phase123

Phase123 Regular member

Read the tutorial posted lots of times in this forum. All your answers are there.

2. Rayzor101

Rayzor101 Member

Hi Mark,
    i tried both ideas but no joy ..

3. quantumIE

quantumIE Member

@Rayzor101,
    I had the same problem.
    I could not get the dreamUP/null modem image to work.

I used the flash wizard image instead and it worked instantly. :)
    It was my first time using flash wizard, its pretty simple to use

4. markarman

markarman Regular member

the box obviously hasnt autorolled the new codes, are you using cg scotts latest image?

if not then thats the reason.

if you are then you need to leave it tuned into a strong signal channel whilst it downloads and autorolls the new codes (i use rte 1). chris said in an earlier post that this image has no codes to stop there being a huge list every time it updates so if you are using his latest image then it has no codes at all currently.

best of luck

Mark ..

5. theox09

theox09 Member

Hi Guys,

I have a problem - i hit the panic button by mistake and now the box is dead, i did reflash it but the box would not load up and only showed the DK grapic on the screen, should i just reflash again?

6. markarman

markarman Regular member

Hi Mick,

Please excuse other peoples lack of interest in helping you, i personally am of the belief that if you don't have anything nice to say then you shouldn't say anything at all regardless of however correct he is in his opinion that you should really read the thread further.

Just to repeat that all the answers are here in this thread somewhere you simply have to bite the bullet and search.

to answer your question an evocam for the dreambox is what you would call an emu in the starview OR eurovox.

your problem is simply that if you are flashing the image from eamos library then you are probably flashing an old image.

Scroll back through this thread a few pages and you will see links to cg scotts new image and instructions on how to use.

Remember that when you flash this new image when you are asked if you would like to perform a flash erase you MUST click no and when you retart the box after flashing you must re-start the evocam. esle it will not work or you will only get fta channels.

good luck

Mark ..

Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
  7. markarman

markarman Regular member

Yes

lol

8. alfredous

alfredous Guest

Anybody out there lost sound? Have reflashed the box but still getting only silent pictures. Probably something simple that I am overlooking (it usually is with me)!

9. alfredous

alfredous Guest

Sorry about that - loose SCART!

10. theox09

theox09 Member

aaarrrggghhh!! i have now flashed the box three times and the same thing keeps occuring!! the flash finishes fine but when i connect to the tv and swich on all i get is the DK grpahic on the screen and its does not seem to load? is my box finished?

PS i am using gscotts original fix image from november

11. markarman

markarman Regular member

ox.....

have you rebooted the box?
    try pressing ok on the remote control and select a channel

if not......

try flashing one of the older images from the beginning of this thread. then flash the new image over the top.

WHEN ASKED IF YOU WANT TO PERFORM A FLASH ERASE CLICK NO

then re-boot the box and connect to your cable, brutescan uk then put onto a strong signal channel (i use rte 1) then press and hold info until you get you get the emu manager, press ok to start/restart emu or cs.

good luck

12. theox09

theox09 Member

cheers mark i am an absolute goon! i have flashed my box heaps of times over the past few years but, turns out the remtote was dead!

13. rickrust

rickrust Member

Hi I have a dreambox 500t and using dreamup to back up image I can do this on my brothers pc, can't do it on mine when i open dreamup i can only get com3 as i need to get com1 can any body help me out Tá

14. stibbler

stibbler Member

Hi all. I used the image two weeks ago and it worked fine for me but since then I've lost S*y Sp*rts only. This happen to anyone else in the Dublin area? Any ideas why and do I need to re-flash?

15. Phase123

Phase123 Regular member

rickrust
    Try plugging the cable into a different serial port if you have one.

16. Phase123

Phase123 Regular member

stibbler
    Try a re-scan before the re-flash.

17. s411ota

s411ota Guest

Any ideas what is going on when a box is working fine and then suddenly all the channels disappear, even the FTA, and then when a rescan is attempted no transponders can be found?

Done a reflash with the cgscott img from around early dec, was working fine until this eve.

18. Mick1961

Mick1961 Member

Thanks Phase123 .. just being lazy I suppose (tho' I did spend a couple of hours floating thru various threads).

Thanks Markarman for the more detailed advise. The good news is that I got the box up and running. Cheers.

19. s411ota

s411ota Guest

ok just done another scan and some of the channels are now back.

bizzare goings on.

any ideas?

20. glyndwrw

glyndwrw Member

This is a message to MARKARMAN regarding flashing the DK image. Thanks for mentioning not to flash erase when flashing the image. I had tried flashing the DK image several times (each time I flash erased as I have always done with my DW image), and each time my prem chans did not work,but as soon as I followed your instruction not to flash erase I was able to view them. Many thanks once more.