1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreambox 500T 500C Fixes here

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Satlinksw, Apr 4, 2008.

1. markarman

markarman Regular member

http://eko.4shared.com/

this is a link to eamos library, all the software you need is available to download from there

2. miarach

miarach Member

markarman, you're thanks for being so patient with me.... once I get what you told me downloaded I'll be in touch and see if we can get sorted.
    This guy is a star..... and everyone who spends time here helping us ignornat newbies!! (well me anyway)!

3. miarach

miarach Member

well guys, proof that newbies like me can do this if you are willing to try and learn... I am now back up and running... all thanks to markarman who literally took me through step by step, once i got my finger out and stopped waiting for someone else to fix it for me!!
    also thanks to cgscotts image and everyone else who spends their time helping the rest of us.
    Markarman you are a star. thanks again
    c

4. markmars

markmars Member

i have pressed the panic button on my dreambox and wiped everything will chris's image work or will i have to flash an older image first?

5. forzahoop

forzahoop Regular member

Can someone please send me the Link for the latest Image.
    Once i do a Transponder scan, i normally hit Evocamd and the channels appear, is there anything else i need to do ?
    FH

6. Phase123

Phase123 Regular member

Originally posted by cgscott: New fresh images No double Channels Added today

Right heres the crack guys. Everything you need is in this image simply go to menu and Autosearch transponder. Scroll right to the bottom of the list and choose your provider i.e Bruteforce UK Chorus etc.

Do a scan once this is finished go to a premium channel. I always select bravo.

Click info for few seconds restart the cam and WAIT!

Within a few minutes you will have everything.

GUYS I HAVE TSETED THIS BEFORE I POSTED IT UP SO I KNOW IT WORKS.

Also i deleted the keys from the keylist.txt as it rolls and adds its own keys for your provider so you will only have 2 lines in your keylist txt.

Null Modem Image

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4ZYFXKIV

Flash Wizard Image (added again today)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6PTDXF5V

7. markarman

markarman Regular member

i dont know the answer in all honesty.

i always flash over an existing image......

i would love to hear though

cheers

Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
  8. forzahoop

forzahoop Regular member

Excellent work lads ! The above Info worked.
    Thanks you.

9. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

You should still be able to view FTa channels. So just insert the roms again into the correct folder.

If you dont have them simply reflash the image that suits you.

All the panic button does is delete the files that you need in order to view the other channels.

Cheers

Chris

10. nicholls1

nicholls1 Member

11. Phase123

Phase123 Regular member

Last edited: Jan 18, 2009
  12. rsheehy

rsheehy Member

Hey, I posted earlier in the thread but I didn't have cables to update the box and also had no laptop as it was in repairs.

I now have a null modem cable and a com to usb adaptor (thanks to markarman for that idea and all his help)

I will try update it tomorrow, just to get it straight, I need to flash the box with the null modem image above and follow the instructions markarman told me a few pages back (i'm sure they are right, no need to check).

What's with the flash wizard image, is this the program i need to use to flash the box?

Thanks again to cgscott and markarman.

13. markarman

markarman Regular member

the flash wizard image is another version of the same image that you can use a programme called a flash wizard to put onto the box, this requires a crossover cable or a hub and is generally more complicated than the null modem cable method.

in order to flash the null modem image using a null modem cable you need a programme called dreamup.

you can find this in eamos library, (i think i posted a link to eamos library a while back.) if you cant find it pm me your email addy and i will email you a zipped copy

Let us know how you get on

good luck

Mark ..

Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
  14. atkalel

atkalel Guest

HI people.
    im looking for some help if someone can spare some time.Ive dm500 and have just flashed it with the asbove null modem img.It says flash success but when i boot up the box nothing happens its just stuck on a black screen.TRied reflash and still no joy.Any ideas?
    Thanks,Al.

15. s411ota

s411ota Guest

did you do a full scan first?

via expert set up menu

16. atkalel

atkalel Guest

hey,
    Sorry hope thats for me.:)
    I cant get to any menus it seems like the box is frozen.it just has green light on front cant go to standby or nutin.

17. s411ota

s411ota Guest

have you tried just letting the DK image screensaver boot up... ie turn box on, and just leave it, dont press ANY buttons, just let it sort itself out for a few minutes?

18. atkalel

atkalel Guest

yeh its been on now for bout 2 hours still nutin.

19. atkalel

atkalel Guest

do i need to have another img on it before the above one is flashed to it?or is this what should work?

20. markarman

markarman Regular member

it sounds like you did a flash erase or clicked perform a flash erase whilst flashing cg scotts new image. lol i done that myself and it sucks.

assuming the box still connects to the pc you need to use dreamup to perform a flash erase.
    then you should flash one of the older images (i used the gemini image)
    then you need to flash cg scotts new image over the top and when you are asked if you would like to perform a flash erase
    CLICK NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

when you reboot the bos (unplug the mains and plug back in) all should be fine.

you will be presented with the dk screen image and you can acces the menus to scan services.

let me know how you get on

cheers

mark ..