Dreambox 500T 500C Fixes here

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Satlinksw, Apr 4, 2008.

1. Briripper

Briripper Regular member

thanks for quick reply i hold info and it comes up with Evocamd 2.12 is that right. i can start that but still no joy

2. hadmad

hadmad Regular member

ya that rite try rte and tell what the signal is it should be 90 or above or it wont come up

3. Briripper

Briripper Regular member

how do you tell if its 90% i press right and see the bar and its green yellow and red ?

4. hadmad

hadmad Regular member

no thats the volume press info and wats on will come up and its in the bottom right hand conner it sound like its just a bad signal put a booster on it should be working ok

sorry i was so long getting back to you the wife was given out

let me know how you get on

Last edited: Feb 5, 2009
  5. Briripper

Briripper Regular member

its 95% on sky 1 not responder earlier due to at work it hasent really took me that long to find were it says the %

6. hadmad

hadmad Regular member

all the ch should be working so were aera are you based

7. Briripper

Briripper Regular member

Based in midlands town called Tamworth 20 miles north of brum

8. hadmad

hadmad Regular member

wats the single on sky if that is below 90 you will need a booster it your frined box it will work in his own house

9. Briripper

Briripper Regular member

I have rescanned channels in my house and sky 1 gets 95% is there anything eles that can be wrong the box is from about 40 miles away from me and it did not pick any channels up till i rescaned them

10. hadmad

hadmad Regular member

no it should be working grand just scan for for all providers till you get the one whit best results it should be grand you have flash with the rite img it should be cool unless mark has any ideas or cgscott who is the master

let me know how you get on

Last edited: Feb 6, 2009
  11. markarman

markarman Regular member

hi guys,

it seems paul has got you right on the money.

only 3 other things i would mention.

1. did you scan you own area?
    2. when you flashed the image you did select no when asked if you want to perform a flash erase didn't you?

3. if you did all that just be patient.

when chris made this newest image he removed all the keys so there wouldnt be a massive long list............ this means that once you have flashed the image and scanned the channels you have to select a strong signal channel (i use rte, but chris tells me bravo or discovery are good too)and you have to wait while the box downloads the ;atest keys.....

oh i almost forgot to say. please post here how you got it working in the end to help anyone else reading and the most important thing is that once you have it working remember to thank the peeps who helped you especially the guru cgscott for making the image.

hope i didnt step on your toes there paul

good luck

Last edited: Feb 6, 2009
  12. Briripper

Briripper Regular member

Lokks like i might have found the problom I did say yes to flash erase as thats what the guide told me to do.
    Can i reverse it and start again??

13. markarman

markarman Regular member

you probably need to re flash the box again.

also not too sure if you have to flash the original image agaion then flash the new one over the top and click no to flash erase.......

perhaps you would be kind enough to try and let us all know

good luck

mark ..

14. Briripper

Briripper Regular member

dont have orignal flash but will try again with update and then say no to erase flash but will be tommorow no i will leave feed back when i know how it went

15. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

Forget flash erase as this has no purpose unless you have problems outwith the image files itself. Do a complete flash again and click no to flash erase and this will sort you out.

To all those people who dont know what flash erase is it is a flash of the internal rom which holds all the vital information needed to make the board and components work and hold the vital info needed.

The flash i have uploaded is simply like software in your computer that lets you view the channels.

The dm500 is a simple pc rememeber that.

The rom in a pc cannot be changed but can be reset so when you flash erase all you are doing is setting it bk to manufacturers settings.

16. Briripper

Briripper Regular member

Hi have reflashed but this time hit no to flash erase. then left power disconected for about a 1 min then turned on but the box will not boot it only gets the big DK symbol on the screen no mater how many times i turn it on and off i went to reflash again to see if there was a fault with the flash now all the dream up program says is waiting for the box to turn on even though it was turned off when i first booted dream up and when i connect the power it does not recognise

17. markarman

markarman Regular member

bri,

once connected and it asks you to turn on the box you need to unplug the dreambox then plug it back in. dreamup should then connect. do not forget to uncheck the use network box.

when your flashed and switch the thing back on and you get the dk screen on your telly you need to press ok on the remote control then go to menu and set up/scan etc as normal.

again i am not sure about overflashing the new programme but i do know that when i had problems i flashed the original gemini image back onto my box then i flashed chris scotts new image over the top and clicked no to flash erase and all was well.

what i do not know and maybe you can help is if you click yes to flash erase then just reflash cg scotts image and click no to flash erase if this will undo the original mistake.

just re read cg scotts last post i think therefore that you have erased the info on the ram, which means you need to put this back on, i got the original gemini image from eamos library. (there are links to this all over afterdawn) flash this and the ram should be working. then flash the latest image over the top and do not flash erase. when you switch the box on you will get the dk screen on your tv, someone previously thought this was a problem but you need to press ok on the remote control and set your box up by scanning etc. the screen will show this dk screen until you do something about it. remember you have just put a new image onto the box, as such you now need to set this up for yourself. else the box will display the dk screen forever, no matter how many times you turn it off and on again.

sorry to ramble on and on and on and on and on lol

dont forget to let us know how you get on, especially getting the box reconnected after a bad flash this is something i have dome in the past but i cant remember how and i am sure it would be useful to have on this thread for future readers.

good luck mate

mark ..

Last edited: Feb 7, 2009
  18. Briripper

Briripper Regular member

So here goes i reflashed with the back up image but this time without hitting yes to flash erase it booted up searched channels and all works a treat so the leason here is do not press flash erase.
    Not too sure of were i downloaded my guide on how to do from but its from someone called -apintofmilk if any body knows who this is or if you read this it might be a idea to update your guide apart from that the guide was very good .
    now to find a thread what can help me out with 2 d boxes which do not even get a display on the tv screen .
    thanks to all your help guys and hopefully my troubles will assit someone eles
    thanks again Bri

19. markarman

markarman Regular member

hi bri,

thanks for clearing that up for me.

i guess then even if you do choose the perform a flash erase option when flashing cgscotts latest image although the image doesn't work it doesn't actually seem to remove anything permanently.

therefore. if you do click yes to flash erase simply reflash the same image again and select no when asked to perform a flash erase and everything should work.

also if you get a how to file created by "apintofmilk" leave it on the doorstep lol

20. markarman

markarman Regular member

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/731990

good luck