1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreambox 500T 500C Fixes here

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Satlinksw, Apr 4, 2008.

1. hadmad

hadmad Regular member

sound mark glad you got it working for him

paul

here is new guide with (apintofmilk) guide taken out and new put in sorry to anybody that problems due to old guide

heres a link to everything you will need to get your dreamboxs up and running all guides and loaders are from this site images are thanks to cgscott all the information to get your box running again is here

new updated guide add today 17/2/09

both links have the same files

http://rapidshare.com/files/199242184/DreamUpGuide_17.2.09.rar

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=32N3CHFS

thanks again to cgscott for all his work making the images

and markarman and phase for haveing a look and checking for me

hope this helps people having trouble

cheers hadmad

Last edited: Feb 17, 2009
  2. hadmad

hadmad Regular member

mark if your on line could you get back to i just want to know wat i need to use to open the img just want to have a look at the code and compare it to a gemini img i was email today
    cheers

3. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

What do you mean open the image?

The only way to strip an image down is to load it to the box and then individually strip the folders to you hard drive. In what sense do you mean codes?

The coding within the images is written in linux code. You could use tux commander to view this coding through the dcc or any other ftp program.

4. hadmad

hadmad Regular member

ya its the linux code i want to look at im not use if before i only use vb and a bit html this is wat the floder sasy

gemini2-390-dm800-2008-11-29 1724.nfi.rar

was just interrested in haveing a look

will it work on the 500c

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  5. cozizme

cozizme Member

Hey guys,I've tried flashing the box using backup.img and dwemptyautoroo.img. All I'm getting is RTE 1 and Setanta Ireland though. I've said no when asked if I wanted to erase flash and I think I've done everything right. Still no channels though. Any suggestions on what I could try? Thanks

6. hadmad

hadmad Regular member

press and hold for a sec info and restart the cam evoamd 2.12 and its the backup img you need to have on your box

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
  7. cozizme

cozizme Member

Up and running at last. Iwent back and flashed CgScotts April image. Not sure if that made a difference but when I flashed the backup.img and scanned there were still no channels coming up. I went on to a channel,waited a minute and turned on evocam. This did the trick. I think my problem before was that I wasn't turning evocam on. Thanks for all your help anyway

8. markarman

markarman Regular member

nice one paul

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  9. hadmad

hadmad Regular member

glad to help

10. Costellon

Costellon Member

Hi guys, how do I link my envision 500c to my pc so that I can record onto my hard drive ? Can I use the ethernet ports ? Other settings ? I have checked the forum and can't find anything. Please help and thanks for all of the great advice and support, great forum.

11. markarman

markarman Regular member

i'm afraid i have absolutely no idea, i will be watching, however to see others replies.

over to you guys chrios and paul

good luck

Mark

12. Costellon

Costellon Member

I have been hunting the net and (apart from threads on this forum (page 71 through 73), this is all that I have found : "Recording from Dreambox to PC
    To record from your Dreambox 500 to your PC hard drive, you need to install the following software in your PC:
    1 - Install NGrabSetup-1.7.75 in your PC "Unfortunately only in German Language"
    2 - After Install you will see NGrab Icon in the Task Bar ... Right Click and go to "Einstellungen..."
    3 - Go to "dBox Einstellungen" ... Enter your Dreambox IP address 192.168.???.???" and Port number. 4000 is good
    4 - Go to Grundeinstellungen
    5 - Go to DateiSystem Einstellungen ... Setup here where you want to Record Movies
    6 - Go to Dateiereiterungen
    7 - Go to WinGrabEngine

Here is what you need to do in your Dreambox
    1 - Use your Dreambox Remote Control to Menu > Setup > Expert Setup > Ngrab Streaming Setup , and write your PC IP Address 192.168.???.???. After this click blue button in your Remote Control to Detect MAC Address , and then Save it with green button
    2 - You are ready to Record Movies in your PC
    3 - Click Yellow button in Remote Control and you will see
    1. Start Ngrab recording
    2. Stop Ngrab recording".........

There must be an easier way and surely NGrabsetup MUST come in the form of an English language version. Do I use a network cable to hook up ? How do I configure the box and pc (where do I get their IP addresses ?) ? Can I simply plug my box into a wireless router and have tv streaming throughout my house wirelessly (I have three pc's)? Anyone got a link for me or some advice please. I'm sick of missing "good" programming- there must be a way to overcome this, these boxes have a lot of capabilities as compared to other ones.
    Thanks again.

13. hadmad

hadmad Regular member

iv nout on this one will look about when im finsh with the satlite stuff im looking at the moment but it has to be easer than that

cherrs paul

Costellon i sent you a pm with a link

Last edited: Feb 15, 2009
  14. Phase123

Phase123 Regular member

I found this on the web...

Guide: Setting up Recording to a PC or NAS
    How Do I Setup A Mount for Direct Recording?

This guide will outline how to setup mounts for direct recording.

We will assume that the dreambox is setup and you are able to connect via FTP/Telnet and can access the web interface.

Whether we are mounting to a PC or a NAS, we will need a shared folder to record to. For these examples we will use Recordings.

To share the folder...

* Right click the folder and select Sharing and Security
    * Check the box that says Share this folder on a network
    * Check the box that says Allow network users to change my files
    * The Share name: should be the same as the name of the folder

Enable File and Printer Sharing on the PC hosting the shared folder.

* Open the Control Panel and select Network Connections
    * Right click the network card and select properties
    * Check the box next to File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks
    * Select OK and close Control Panel

Direct Recording to a PC

Using the remote select MENU > SETUP > EXPERT SETUP > COMMUNICATION SETUP > MOUNTS

IP: <ip.address.of.pc>
    Select CIFS form the pulldown menu on the right hand side
    Dir: <name of shared folder on pc><press yellow for capital letters>
    LocalDir: /hdd/movie
    Options: rw,soft,udp,nolock
    Extra: nolock,rsize=8192,wsize=8192
    User: <account on pc>
    Password: <password on account, if no password leave blank>
    Select Automount
    Select Mount

A message should appear saying CIFS mount OK!

Save settings and exit from all the menus.

* To start direct recording, select Start Direct Recording from the Blue Button menu.

This may vary depending on what image you are using.

* To stop direct recording, select Stop Direct Recording from the Blue Button menu.

Check your shared folder on the PC and hopefully you should have a recording.

Direct Recording to a NAS Drive

Open your browser and enter the ip address of your dreambox into the address bar. This should bring up the web interface. To mount to a Samba share we have to use the web interface and not the remote menus.

Select CONFIG > MOUNT MANAGER > ADD

Fill in the settings to match your network

The User Name: will be the admin account on the NAS...usually admin.
    The Password: will be the admin password on the NAS...usually admin.
    (I would advise changing this in the NAS web interface to something other than admin)
    If you have given the Recordings folder a password of it's own, you will need to use this in the mount settings.

Select Save.

Click Mount and if all is correct a GREEN tick should appear. This can take about 10 seconds to mount.

* To start direct recording, select Start Direct Recording from the Blue Button menu. This may vary depending on what image you are using. Other images use the Green button to bring up the DVR controls and then TV to start recording

To stop direct recording, select Stop Direct Recording from the Blue Button menu. Other images use the GREEN button to bring up the DVR controls and then RADIO to stop recording.

Check your shared folder on the NAS and hopefully you should have a recording.

To Playback Your Recording

Using the remote select MENU > FILE MODE >RECORDED MOVIES

15. Costellon

Costellon Member

Thanks Phase and Had, but I spent a few hours yesterday going through the forum trying to find out how to do this:- "We will assume that the dreambox is setup and you are able to connect via FTP/Telnet and can access the web interface."....... and found very little. This is my current setup: RS232 to pc via null modem to serial usb adapter ((it works with dreamup for flashing), I have downloaded and installed filezilla (is that correct) and have used the method and settings from here and still cannot connect to my box. Sorry for being a pain but can anyone send me in the right direction please ?
    Thanks again guys, great forum.

16. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

You have to mount the hard drive on your pc then create a sharing folder which will allow you to record from the box to the pc which will allow playback on the box itself. Also any files in mpeg2 format can be played on the box.

Phases tut was spot on.

I use a router which i find easier to communicate with any of my external devices.

17. Phase123

Phase123 Regular member

Costellon
    I doubt if the com port would be fast enough to capture the video.
    You won`t be able to access the web interface via null modem.
    Max speed is 115 Kilobits per second whereas a network cable is capable of 100 Megabits per second.
    http://www.answers.com/topic/port-speed
    I think you will have to go with a crossover network cable or use a router with a standard network cable.

Good luck

Last edited: Feb 16, 2009
  18. alanc08

alanc08 Member

Have being watching this thread for a week or two learning how to flash a dreambox and got my box today and followed all the instructions and used cgscott image and was suprised how easy it was had in done in about 5 mins.they only problem i had with the download of the december update with everything you need in it was the the flash wizard pro didnt work.other wise everything was good so just saying thanks.

19. hadmad

hadmad Regular member

dont know what happen but changed links all working now tested today

heres a link to everything you will need to get your dreamboxs up and running all guides and loaders are from this site images are thanks to cgscott all the information to get your box running again is here

new updated guide add today 17/2/09

both links have the same files

http://rapidshare.com/files/199242184/DreamUpGuide_17.2.09.rar

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=32N3CHFS

thanks again to cgscott for all his work making the images

and markarman and phase for haveing a look and checking for me

hope this helps people having trouble

cheers hadmad

Last edited: Feb 17, 2009
  20. tinbin69

tinbin69 Member

am having problems with our computer and need to manually do the channel search. Where abouts in the dreambox settings is the menu to select channel search for each satellite you go to like Astra or hotbird, how do you start the search all channels and then save all the channels please you find. We use an Echostar to move the dish to the satellites, and hoping to use the dreambox for my husband to watch what programs he wants. I hope every thing I have told you makes sense; I am only passing messages on.