1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreambox 500T 500C Fixes here

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Satlinksw, Apr 4, 2008.

1. Costellon

Costellon Member

Right ! Got a crossover cable but still can't connect to the box. I'm running vista ultimate and using filezilla, can anybody help me to connect please ("We will assume that the dreambox is setup and you are able to connect via FTP/Telnet and can access the web interface.")........Just need some instructions and settings re IP addresses ID's etc......
    Thanks in anticipation

2. hadmad

hadmad Regular member

if your com ip is 192.168.10.2 then your dreambox should be 192.168.10.5 once it not the same as computer but in the same range

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  3. passat22

passat22 Member

Hi

Please can you give me a link to the gemini image as I seem to have the same problem with my box.

thanks

4. hadmad

hadmad Regular member

you dont need it just flash the new img cgscott img and do scon press info for a few seconds restart cam and its done

5. passat22

passat22 Member

Hi thanks I have flashed the box with the img about 6 times now and nothing, I just thought maybe that was worth a shot. But i'll try to flash again, well im doing it right now and will see what happens. I know Chris's image works as i've fixed my mates box. thanks

6. khg

khg Member

7. hadmad

hadmad Regular member

get back if you still have probs we'll get it sorted

paul

8. passat22

passat22 Member

Hi

I reflashed the image and still no luck, just a blank screen. Can anyone please post a link for gemini image and then I will flash with that image and flash over with the backup image.

thanks in advance.

9. hadmad

hadmad Regular member

did you get the dk front window were r u from

im going to send you a pm now if you can give me a ring

10. passat22

passat22 Member

Hi

no the digital k window doesnt come up. its just a blank screen and then my tv says no signal. Im in Leeds

cheers

11. hadmad

hadmad Regular member

12. passat22

passat22 Member

yes Ive definately said no to flash erase and ive tried that image as I have it saved from last time.

I know the latest image works as Ive fixed another box today, the fault seems to be with my box.

thanks

13. hadmad

hadmad Regular member

check that all the connetions on turner are ok i had one come lose on me and i had to soldier it back on

14. passat22

passat22 Member

Hi never thought of that one will try over the weekend and see if thats the problem, thanks for all your help.

cheers

15. pattotap

pattotap Member

hi i would like to thank all those who have supplied information on the 500c i have just bought one from china. this is my second my old one, the tuner snapped.gcscott your image worked great just got to get used to it always used digitalworldz once again thank you.

16. linny40

linny40 Regular member

Yes i to must say thanks to CGSCOTT someone else ( on another forum not sure if i can mentino the name so wont unless someone asks, but is a much smalelr site) helped me sort out my dreambox finally but its all thanks to CGSCOTT and his image and some help from a friend that after about 3-4 months finally got it working

Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
  17. passat22

passat22 Member

hi I opened the box and the tuner seems connected ok so dont know why it wont work. Never mind but thanks for all your help.

18. linny40

linny40 Regular member

I must add that i had a bit of trouble got the DK image and managed to get ITV BBC but no other channel - turns out the Evo did not auto update so had to put it on a channel with strong signal - however even that i could not turn on the evocamd so tryed different channels with strong signal. Finally i put it on a shopping channel presses info and it came up with the evocamd - turned on and hey presto all channels up and running within a few moments

So for those of you out there with no patience - not a good idea, sit tight and try EVERYTHING and eventually you will get it to work if you get no channels except free ones then try all the strong channels until you manage to get the evo up and switch it on.
    For some the evo seems to be auto- maybe its the area your in have no idea. But last time round last year i could not fix my box and chris spoke to a friend via phone and managed to get it sorted.Tokk quite some time but, Think since then he has made the programe simpler for us that aint got a clue so this time round i eventually had a go and managed to to it - took me a few hrs but got there eventually
    PLUS peeps please remember these guys do it for the LOVE and to help everyone out so you MUST show your appreciation to those that have helped you out. Otherwise wed all have to go back to Paying for our provider lol! Then you can moan like hell!

19. hadmad

hadmad Regular member

you have to press info to start the cam

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  20. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

Thanks for the comments Linny40.

I have put up everything needed in this section. The reason i have not been present as frequent is due to the fact that i have left it up to all the other members that have learnt over the past few months to sort out the newer guys.

Most questions asked are here in the forum but the ones that arent i'll be sure to quickfire the answers back.

Thanks again.

Chris