1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreambox 500T 500C Fixes here

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Satlinksw, Apr 4, 2008.

1. Telebob

Telebob Member

help us out here in ireland

2. Telebob

Telebob Member

Do we all start CS now is that are future

3. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

Nothing is certain but nagra 3 wil be a lot harder to crack as the process is something similar to what sky posses. A simple recognition system.

Probably end up with a a cardshare system.

4. Telebob

Telebob Member

how safe are the card share servers

5. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

Far as im aware they are pretty safe.

You will recieve a config line to put into the registry on the box and you will have to give 1 to the supplier.

I havent heard of anyone having big security issues with it.

6. markarman

markarman Regular member

message for cg scott.

Chris,

have you seen that the kryptview boxes are still working here in ireland?

I know this is only temporary and once nagra 3 kicks in even they will die.

Just wanted to know if you thought there was any way of using the kryptview software (in eamos fta library) on the dreambox as an interrim measure to help people have some extra channels. (Until nagra 3 kicks in that is.)

or even if you could take the encription part of the software and add it to your latest dreambox image.

Just a thought.

cheers

Mark ..

Last edited: Apr 11, 2009
  7. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

Doesn't work like that im afraid mark.

8. markarman

markarman Regular member

thanks chris,

shame though huh ?

9. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

Wont be long before we are all in the same boat.

Give or take a few years/months/days i say.

10. Phase123

Phase123 Regular member

From the web....

"Virgin Media have applied a code update which has crippled cable boxes across the country which were used for receiving cable TV illegally.

Cable boxes affected include the Eurovox, Nokia Dbox, Starview and Kryptview.

Users receiving cable TV illegally receive the error message “Please wait…code been updated” and no channels can be accessed.

According to industry analyst Ian Waller, “The change is causing false keys to be recorded on a ROM7 update, usually only 1 or 2 characters are wrong, this has been happening on ROM10 and ROM11 updates for the last year. A genuine card can handle the change, an emulator can not.”

Virgin Media applied a similar change around a year ago, and it took almost a week for firmware updates for chipped boxes to keep pace.

However, from reports coming in the changes by Virgin may not be a simple one off event, but instead being applied on a daily basis.

Although updates are available on the internet which try to keep track of the changes, if the code changes are being implemented on a daily basis this could make it very difficult for firmware updates to keep track.

The result would be a victory for Virgin in their battle against cable piracy, and an end to the widespread use of cable boxes for receiving illegal free cable TV.
    On another note, Virgin is preparing the launch of Nagra Vision version 3 smart cards to further enhance network security for its Cable TV customers. These new smart cards will increase the encryption capabilities of the existing set top boxes and introduce new features for blocking access to non paying customers and enhanced "On Demand" security. It is rumoured that Virgin is planning to issue all customers with new smart cards as part of a "self install" policy. Watch this space for more information as soon as its available."

11. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

Just like sky did years ago when people had cam cards that could encrypt and decode the cards.

The cards are always the firstto be cracked and from there they can emulate keys which in turn the cams can roll.

Nagra 3 will be a tricky situation but there is always someone out there smarter than the next person so it wont take long before we see something happening.

Just be thankful that the uk has not yet been hot with the force of N3.

12. zzt231

zzt231 Member

anyone can help me with my dm500c?
    i m from singapore.
    i cant scan for channel
    what keys or frequency i need?
    thanks

13. dronkie

dronkie Member

hi everyone, i was wondering if someone can help, im using linux ubuntu 8.10 as a operating system. i need a tutorial on how to flash an image using linux. thanx in advance

14. colinsull

colinsull Member

Hi all,

just writing in to thank everyone for all their help. i read over the threads for a while and eventually i figured it out. thanks to you lads with the images etc. the only problem now is everyone is asking me to do the same for them.

thanks again.

just one question i have a 500c box if i was to get a 600c (its about double the price) whats the difference? would i pick up more channels? or does it meerly have more of a memory on it?

15. Costellon

Costellon Member

Hi Colin, I live in Ireland and the boxes, all boxes, are now dead and useless here due to the introduction of Nagra 3 (check the forums). As I understand, Nagra 3 is soon to be introduced to England, where the same thing will happen. Nobody has yet developed a complete "fix" for nagra 3 and let alone that, it is uncetain if our little boxes will have the memory necessary to load such a fix.
    Bleak times lie ahead and I would wait and see what happens before purchasing an obsolete piece of kit.

16. pattotap

pattotap Member

hi i live in the manchester area i was watching mutv when suddenly it froze i changed channels when i went back on to it there was a blank screen i tried all my sports but none work i have done a rescan but it does not find the channels when i press my blue button to restart the emu it says there is none is anyone else having this problem i have also renewed the image after a scan it only finds the ordinary channels. can someone help or has nagra 3 started

17. linny40

linny40 Regular member

mm ive not heard anything and someone else has my box so i cant answer but no N3 not in uk as far as i know. could just have been a glitch.
    im in kent and all channels working on other boxes. maybe try a rescan today and see if it makes any difference

18. pattotap

pattotap Member

can anyone help me when i press the blue button on my dreambox it says there is no emu it just says none my dreambox was working yesterday it froze on mu tv i changed channels went back to mutv and it was a blank screen i tried to restart the emu but as i said it says there is none can anyone help me

19. hadmad

hadmad Regular member

i think you mite have to reflash your box it sounds like its been corrupted a mobile ph to close to box can do it just reflash and it should b ok

20. pattotap

pattotap Member

hi got it going again think it was to do with cable connection. thanks hadmad