1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreambox 500T 500C Fixes here

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Satlinksw, Apr 4, 2008.

1. cinty

cinty Member

hi i'v been tryin to flash the dbox and when i say no to flash erase it just does it anyway any advise

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

sheao I have answered you on the end of the previous page. It got shunted ;)

Here it is again:

OK we will stick with hypercam. You have almost got it ;) Presuming you are on DK1.1 as it has the right lib files. FTP to evocam script in var/script. Copy it to your desktop now using notepad+ or metapad, (both free just google them), re-click the script and open with one of the editors that you have choose. Notepad will work but best practice to use one of these editors.

Wherever you see evocam in the script change it to say hypercam. After changes in the script rename the evocam script to hypercam using the same file type extension.

FTP to box again, delete evocam script on the box and replace it with you new edited hypercam script. Reboot box and CAM with start.

Sounds like a lot but will only take a few minutes. No questions are silly some answers are though :)

Last edited: Jul 20, 2009
  3. sheao

sheao Member

thanks a lot sounds like i might be able to grasp that;

but daughters asleep on the chair better put her to bed and hit it myself,

i'll be on the case first thing in the morning, if i get this sorted we'll work on the mgcamd fix if you can put up with me ha ha,

many thanks again,

i'll report back with any progress or lack of it....;) ;)

4. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

No problem have a goodnight and hopefully you will get it going tomorrow ;)

5. sc1985

sc1985 Member

Hi, i dont know if anyone can help me, but i have not had any problem with my dreambox until 9pm Saturday night (just before the boxing!!!) where my box just stopped working and all power was lost on the box. The power cable leading into the box no longer works, so bought a replacement adapter which does work but when plugged into my dreambox, the light goes off on the adapter, with no power going into the box.

Does this mean my box is fried or is there a way in which i can get this fixed?

Many thanks for everyones help on here - id be lsot without you guys!

6. hadmad

hadmad Regular member

fair play to you sc0user but some peeps would be more willing to try doing it with the script when they know they have a working img to fall back on i know i did when i started

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  7. sheao

sheao Member

right scouser heres where im at, edited the script so it looked like this.

#!/bin/sh
    #emuname=Hypercam 1.06
    #ecminfofile=ecm.info

export env LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/var/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

case "$1" in
    start)
    /var/bin/hypercam &
    sleep 4
    ;;
    stop)
    killall -9 hypercam
    sleep 4
    ;;
    *)
    $0 stop
    exit 1
    ;;
    esac

exit 0

ftp'd to the box with flash fxp went to var/script deleted evocam script and replaced it with this script which i had renamed to hypercam keeping the same extension, rebooted box still wouldnt start the cam automaticaly,

i have noticed that in the var_init/bin theres an evocam and in the var_init/script thers an evocam script which i cannot delete or it wont drag and drop to my desktop, is there any way i can delete these..?

8. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

You have to fix it first and then make a working image ;)

@sheao my apologies I thought you couldn't get hypercam across but you have. Just rename the evocam script to hypercam and reboot.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  9. cinty

cinty Member

hi flashed dbox and when i done a scan i'm only gettin rte and 3e but it tells whats on the other channels anyone know what i'm doing wrong thanks

10. mossymor

mossymor Member

Hi Cinty.. have you Tuned to Sky Sports 2 and waited a minute or two, then change to Sky sports 1.
    All channels should then be available.

11. cinty

cinty Member

yeah done all that but still nothing. i'm giving up thanks anyway

12. tmck2

tmck2 Regular member

Yes Im getting that Nick but I find if I tune to Setanta golf or Set2(colour bars and drone for sound)switch to them channels they come in

13. tmck2

tmck2 Regular member

Hi Cinty look in tuxbox commander see if your files H 1.06 are in there if not flash with tv disconnected and you should be ok

14. thecorpo

thecorpo Member

hey there

have flashed the box fine, but when i ftp in, there is no bin folder inside var.
    there is one in the dreambox root, and one in var_init, but nothing in /var itself.
    should i flash erase?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2009
  15. thecorpo

thecorpo Member

aha, using the hadmads great image I'm up and running....on one box. Flashed two dreambox;s, 1 had no problem getting signal strength of 90 or so, but the other one, using the exact same cables, is only coming back at 70% or so, and it's not scanning the transponder. This is a common problem with the dreambox? Both were working perfectly before the roll out

16. milltown5

milltown5 Member

hadmad.......thanks a million for putting up the img file. I have finally got my Dreambox working. I had been floundering for a few days getting nowhere.

Thanks to all the other members for their comments as well, its just that I did'nt understand fully what was going on.

Normally I would agree with the idea of people having to do at least some of the figuring out for themselves. However, in this case I think it was too difficult and we can be excused this time for taking the easy way out. Its a bit like honours maths - not everybody can grasp it !.

regards and thanks to all

17. markmcono

markmcono Member

great forum, lots of info, sounds like a great box.

would appreciate if a few good folks would pm me a good site to buy this box from. (I am presuming its not available in Ireland ?!).

many thanks

18. MUFC8

MUFC8 Member

Hi everyone. Just a quick question about the fix for the dreambox 500c. Is it necessary to use the dk 1.1 image or could i just ftp the files to my dreambox using the image i am currently using which is dw 1.6. This would be a lot easier for me as i dont have a null modem cable and would have to go out and buy one to flash the image :)

19. JKGT

JKGT Guest

Im in the same boat as you mate still cant get it to autostart....Anybody any ideas?

20. smithcl

smithcl Member

legend, cheers hadmad, was going mad, was following all the steps for everything with my dreambox but it just wasnt happening, flashed it with this image and i can now watch the rock in "The Game Plan", super! :)

thanks again, you rock