1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreambox 500T 500C Fixes here

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Satlinksw, Apr 4, 2008.

1. hadmad

hadmad Regular member

its still a charge

2. mossymor

mossymor Member

Hi, Hows it going Hadmad.
    Yeah that's what I was saying re The charge.
    I thought he was quite rude & was just responding in kind.

3. hadmad

hadmad Regular member

im not to bad mossymor hope your well. i just dont know with some people a charge is a charge

Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
  4. sammyano

sammyano Member

I can't see any link to download, only buttons to add to basket etc, even after adding to basket / checkout still no link to download the dam thing

5. mlwood37

mlwood37 Member

Well since its been downloaded over 50x now. how ever i cannot be botherd with ignoramce so its removed.

6. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

Moderator, can you please remove MLWOOD37 off this forum. He is an obvious scammer

7. gamlin25

gamlin25 Member

hello everyone its been a while! Im in a darn rut here, my old mans sly sports box office has disappeared, ive re-flashed his dm500c and it picks up everything execpt this??? any ideas? in bristol area. regards mike :)

8. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

doesnt box office only come on when its showing something, if there is nowt on, ya wont get the chan

9. gamlin25

gamlin25 Member

hi yes the wrestling is on at the mo, so pretty weird how its gone also sly 1 too.

10. sammyano

sammyano Member

gamlin25, what image did you reflash wtih, I might give it a go to see if it does any thing for me. Location Dublin

11. hadmad

hadmad Regular member

sammyano there is no img working in dublin at the moment

12. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

The channels are still there. the problem is your cable.xml file. You are missing some transponders. When flashing a working box with a new image you must always backup
    1/ keys
    2/ terrestrial/cable/satellite.xml file
    3/ emulator you use

So go and search for the xml file that covers your location

13. gamlin25

gamlin25 Member

sorry to sound a bit thick but how do i do that? kind regards mike.

14. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

Ok. You've managed to flash an image, you've managed to put emualtor on top of image, you've managed to put keys in. So it can't be hard to load the cable.xml file. I use flashfxp (a good program) to transfer files to dreambox. You need to put cable.xml into /etc/tuxbox. You need to serach for the cable.xml file that is suitable for your area

15. gamlin25

gamlin25 Member

ok all ive ever done with the dreambox is use the dreamup programme and flashed the working image via null modem cable route, i dont know how to add these files over which u are saying, also what sorta search engine should i use to find the xml file for the 'bristol' area which im from, sorry for seeming quite dumb, thank you for your pateince mike :)

16. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

Ok thats a start. Mate you have to learn a couple of things. So you managed to flash an image and DID not have to load keys and EMUlator. Strange stuff. Start: identify your box on your internal network: Check network settings. It will say something like 192.168.x.x. Then download flahfxp and use the local IP identified and use username root and password dreambox to access you box. Then move to the directory I have already indicated. Then (most importantly) find the xml file that suits your region and out in location I've said. Then reboot box

17. Costellon

Costellon Member

Right lads and ladies, that's it ! I have accepted that N*gra 3 is here to stay and have cancelled my Ch*rus N*l subscription. I have invested in a DM 800 hd cl*ne (sat) with a 500gig hard drive, perched quite happily and cooly atop a laptop cooler under my telly. I used my existing S*Y dish (previous tenants), used an old lnb that was thrown in the shed, hooked it up, flashed a patched version of G*mini 4.7, set up c*rd sh*ring, and bob's yer uncle ! Total money spent: Euro 300 - total money saved per month: Euro 12. Should have done it years ago ! The dm 800 doubles up as a media player and sooo much more ! Even if things go t*ts up in the sat world i'll still have a use for it, unlike my dm500c door stop.
    Thanks to everyone for your help and support throughout the years, I would have been lost without you, specially Chris and Had. All the best guys !

18. mossymor

mossymor Member

Fair play to you costellon. It all sounds quite daunting to me. Was the cardsharing easy to set up?

19. Costellon

Costellon Member

Not at all Mossy. I installed gemini 4.7 on the box (cr*cked and p*tched), installed the c*ms and the c*m configs, and the provider did the rest remotely while I was watching - with teamviewer - took him less than a minute, et voila !

20. hadmad

hadmad Regular member

best of luck with it Costellon mite have to go that way as well