1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreambox 500T 500C Fixes here

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Satlinksw, Apr 4, 2008.

1. jokerjay

jokerjay Member

hi all see v*rg*n has blasted the boxes again, if you have done my method just go to s*y sports1, press blue, then TuxBox Commander, then No4 then look for the latest Rom7 file by todays date/time, and press ok on this and change it to the autoroll keys on the toolbar you installed, choose right provider/service, then press ok, press exit, choose save, press exit again, choose save, the exit

now press blue button again and choose No1 DW Dream Menu
    press green or EMU Selection
    press ok to restart EVOCAMD,
    press ok to start MGCAMD
    press exit twice

now go to itv1 and press menu and choose NO5 Shutdown
    press Reboot now

now when box reboots back up, on itv1 press blue, then TuxBox Commander, then No4 then look for the latest Rom7 file by todays date/time and make sure it is the same as the new keys you just put in (only 1letter/number needs changing)
    now press exit choose save
    press exit again and choose save
    exit again and goto s*y sports1 and will all be back on again this should now autoroll again (update by its self) so enjoy

cheers jay

2. jokerjay

jokerjay Member

FIRST DOWNLOAD THIS AND INSTALL IT (YOU NEED THIS OR IT WILL NOT WORK)

http://bigmaq.ourtoolbar.com/

THEN CLICK ON UPDATES/FIXES IN THE TOOLBAR TAB

THEN CLICK DREAMBOX FIXES
    THEN CLICK 28 MARCH 2008
    THEN CLICK DW Dream 1.6.2 enigma dm5000-c.zip
    THIS IS A WINRAR FILE YOU NEED TO OPEN IT AND SAVE IT TO YOUR DESK TOP

NOW USE DREAM UP TO FLASH THE BOX AND SELECT DW Dream 1.6.2 and ypdate the box

once the box has updated do not disconnect it from your pc till about 1min after it says download successful

then run the scan use Bruteforce for uk to scan does not matter what network you are on will scan all

once scanned goto s*y sports1
    you will see blank screen
    press blue button
    choose (2) TuxBox Commander press ok
    on left side choose / this symbol press ok
    go down to Var about 8 down press ok
    screen turns blue
    go down to Keys press ok
    go down to Keylist.txt AND PRESS 4 (DO NOT PRESS OK )

NOW YOU WILL SEE ALL THE KEYS YOU ARE LOOKING FOR THE LATEST ROM7 KEY GO BY THE DATE AND TIME (TODAYS DATE/TIME)
    IT WILL LOOK LIKE THIS N 5C01 01 THEN NUMBERS AND LETTERS
    YOU NOW NEED TO LOOK BACK ON YOUR TOOLBAR UNDER LATEST KEYS AND CHOOSE YOUR PROVIDER THE KEY YOU WILL BE CHANGING BEGINS WITH 01

PRESS OK TO HIGHLIGHT THE KEY UP AND CHANGE IT TO THE NEW KEY (ONLY ONE NUMBER NEEDS CHANGING ON CW)
    PRESS OK TO STORE
    NOW PRESS EXIT
    USE LEFT ARROW TO STORE PRESS OK (DO NOT USE RED KEY TO STORE)
    PRESS EXIT YOU WILL NOW BE ON THE HALF BLUE/BLACK PAGE WERE Keylist.txt is
    PRESS EXIT USE ARROW TO MOVE LEFT TO STORE PRESS OK
    NOW ON THE LITTLE MENU SCREEN CHOOSE (1) DW Dream Menu
    PRESS GREEN
    PRESS OK TO RESTART EVOCAMD
    PRESS DOWN AND OK TO START MGCAMD
    PRESS EXIT TWICE
    NOW PRESS MENU
    CHOOSE (5) SHUTDOWN AND PRESS OK
    CHOOSE REBOOT NOW PRESS OK
    WILL TURN OFF AND SHUT DOWN
    WILL COME BACK ON AND YOU HEAR A VOICE SAYING VERSION 1.6.2
    NOW GOTO S*Y SPOERTS1
    STILL BLANK SCREEN
    NOW GOTO ITV1
    PRESS BLUE BUTTON
    CHOOSE (2) TuxBox Commander PRESS OK
    YOU WILL BE ON THE BLUE/BLACK SCREEN AND ALREADY ON THE Keylist.txt NOW PRESS 4 (DO NOT PRESS OK) THE TOP LINE SHOULD BE THE LATEST KEY TODATE AND A ROM7 FILE MAKE SURE IT IS STILL THE SAME AS YOU CHANGED IT TO DO THIS PRESS OK TO BRING IT UP AND PRESS OK TO CLOSE IT NOW LOOK AT THE FILE LATEST ROM7 STARTING WITH 00 AND PRESS OK THEN OK TO CLOSE IT (THIS FILE WILL BE THE SAME AS ON THE TOOLBAR UNDER 00 FOR YOUR NETWORK
    NOW PRESS EXIT AND RETURN TO THE BLUE/BLACK SCREEN
    PRESS EXIT AND WILL AS TO SAVE PRESS LEFT ARROW AND SAVE (DO NOT PRESS RED)
    LITTLE MENU AGAIN YOU WILL SEE PRESS EXIT
    NOW GOTO S*Y SPORTS1 AND WAIT IN 2MIN WILL AUTO UPDATE AND PICTURE WILL SHOW
    THIS PROGRAM

3. Duggy08

Duggy08 Member

FAIR PLAY 14DLADS. HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO PUT UP HOW TO FTP.I HAVE THE DW 2.0 IMAGE ON MY 500C. I HAD NO WAY OF FTP ING THE ROM FILES ONTO IT AS THE SOFTWARE COULD NOT CONNECT TO THE BOX. I KNOW YOU HAVE TO SET UP SOME SETTINGS IN YOUR INTERNET PROTOCOL TO CONNECT TO IT, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT THESE ARE. SO I HAVE BEEN WITHOUT MY BOX FOR A FEW DAYS NOW.HOPEFULLY YOU ARE MY LIFE SAVER.
    WILL LET YOU KNOW LATER IF THIS SORTS MY PROBLEM. IN WORK NOW.

DO YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO AFTER THE ROM FILES HAVE BEEN FTP ED AS THIS IS A NEW IMAGE SET UP???

4. DVRhelp12

DVRhelp12 Member

Cheers jokerjay that did the trick keep the good work up.

5. jayney

jayney Guest

hi i`m realy new to this my dream box 500c has gone off last week and wonderered if you can help me i have tried changing the codes in the tuxbox commander and followed all the given instructions but don`t understand when you say flash the box i have got a laptop and an ethernet cable and the disc that came with the box but am not sure what to do with them or how have limited abilities in these fields so would prefer a fix not using the laptop. can you help please

6. jokerjay

jokerjay Member

all you need to do is go on s*y sports1 and bring up your Tuxbox Commander to do this depends on what image you have so by pressing yellow or blue will bring this up then just follow the above instructions from were it says to edit the keylist.text and change the latest Rom7 key file to todays auto roll keys from 10.45am today, this is why you need to install the toolbar as everything you need is available on this. this should sort your problem out and get you working 100% again
    the lead is called a null-modem cable its a 9 pin male to male type monitor lead i dont think you can get usb to 9 pin so you need a pc or lap top with com port1 on it
    cheers jay

7. jokerjay

jokerjay Member

Guide for Flashing Via DreamUP Some quick notes first:
    • The DreamUp utility is available from the official Dream Multimedia site at http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/english/downloads.php
    • You will need a working image ending with the .img extension. These can also be downloaded from the site (just click the firmware link beneath whichever model of box you have).
    • A null modem cable can be picked up from most computing stores, maplin electronics or on ebay
    Here goes:
    1) Disconnect ALL the cables from your Dreambox
    2) Plug one end of the null modem cable into your PC (into a COM port)
    3) Plug the other end into the back of the Dreambox (The port circled in Fig 1)
    Figure 1: Position of serial port
    4) Load DreamUp on your PC.
    5) If it appears in German, switch the language by pressing Language -> English
    6) Select which serial port you are using from the drop-down menu. (in my case COM1)
    7) Make sure “use network” is unchecked
    8) Press connect and you should now have this screen:
    www.digitalworldz.co.uk
    Screenshot 1:Connection Prepared
    9) Now plug the Dreambox into the mains and make sure it is switched on. If everything is working right you should get a blue progress bar appearing within a second or two. After the bar finishes, you should have the message “Box attached and ready” beside status. You are now ready to flash. (one thing to note here is that the first version of DreamUp I tried did nothing at this point, I had to update to the newer version for this to work)
    10) Press the flash button and select the image you want to flash to the box.
    11) Select yes (“Ja”) when asked if you want to perform a flash-erase during the process
    12) The flashing process will now begin
    Screnshot 2: DreamUp During Flashing
    13) Once the flashing process is complete (in my case this was about 9 minutes later), a message box appears saying “Box was flashed successfully”)
    14) Hit OK
    15) Unplug the box from the mains and leave for about 30 seconds
    16) Plug the box back in and you should now be back in business
    cheers jay

8. westham88

westham88 Regular member

Can anyone tell me where i could download the latest nagrarom7.bin file please. i want to ftp to box so it can autoroll

9. jayney

jayney Guest

ok have been and bought lead downloaded dream up tried to download firmware and my computer wont open it so cant see any image downloaded irfan ware cos it said it would open it and nothing tried to just drag from desktop the firmware and dream box said starting then fashing then flashing from memory what am i doing wrong as when it said done turned it all on and wont work help

10. jamdorj

jamdorj Member

You really are a star mate, I just updated the keys and voila! it works! One strange thing was there were two rom7 keys with 5c01 00 and no 5c01 00, so I changed the second 00 to 01 and put in the new keylist and that was it, it worked! Thanks again bro and keep up the good work!

11. terry1413

terry1413 Member

Please can someone send me instructions on how to go about inputing the new keys etc , I am a complete novice to this so any help would be exteremly grateful

12. lucas2007

lucas2007 Member

hi guys
    C@orus Ireland 17th april
    00=86-77-C3-84-DD-B8-AF-34
    01=ED-61-03-DD-98-13-86-95

13. philmann

philmann Guest

Hi can any one help? we installed new codes a couple of days ago but looks like v-me*ia have blasted em again! This time our box has gone blank and says we have no channels, we do a channel scan and it keeps failing can anyone help ??????????????????????????????????

14. jokerjay

jokerjay Member

if this is not working you must be in Ireland or you have done it wrong follow the guide to flash it and use dream-up and the image i have said in the instructions, also when it has finished downloading you must wait at least 30sec before you disconnect it from your pc, then scan using bruceforce as it will scan all providers this takes longer but just wait, then you will still have to change the new Rom7 key its the oo key and the latest time/date from today around 10.45am, its only 1 number/letter on the line needs changing then follow rest of the instructions, and will be back on
    cheers jay

15. jokerjay

jokerjay Member

16. philmann

philmann Guest

sorry should have said dont have leads or discs to do it through pc where do we get them from? Thanks

17. alfredous

alfredous Guest

Thanks for all the advice JokerJay but I am, unfortunately, in Ireland. I followed your instructions but when I checked the 01 (ROM 10) latest key was entirely different from the one on the toolbar. I changed it, followed the instructions and when I checked it again it had not saved my changes. I changed it again and it has saved but no joy/picture! Any ideas.

18. jayney

jayney Guest

went back and checked everything this is looking bad got the firmware for th dm500 as the one for the dm500+ wouln`t work that did flash omly not sure if i have done right as have nothing still it now says no known transponders were found help please am realy stuck no bruteforce there and am in liverpool by the way

19. philmann

philmann Guest

can anyone help? doing channel scan taking forever!!!! saying that we only got 1 transponder normally have more any ideas???????????????

20. fearmatt

fearmatt Member

has any1 got virgin media codes for 500c box please