1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreambox 500T 500C Fixes here

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Satlinksw, Apr 4, 2008.

1. lizpat

lizpat Member

I have flashed dreambox 500-T with gemini 3.40 image. I can tune in all channells. Living in a chorus area. I can link up with my box to attempt to input keys but on opening var file and acessing keys file it is blank. I know you must have keylist.txt files to input keys but i have not succeeded in locating a download for same.
    Would be gratefull for guidance. I am afraid I can get no further progress. Many thanks
    Tipp53

2. shamrover

shamrover Member

If you use an ethernet cross over cable do you have to flash?

3. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

If you connect to ur box thru dcc and follow the instructions for installing the nagrarom's the box should reebot. If no when uv crossed the files into the relevent spaces leave for a minute and reset the box yourself. Flashing usually only needs done when reinstalling images. This is just a change of directory.

Hope this helps.

4. quantumIE

quantumIE Member

hey,
    I have some spare null modem cables. old stock but they are new.
    Willing to give them away free to anyone who needs them if they cover postage costs.

Just my strange way of giving something back to the forum :p
    would have been lost without the help from here.

5. jokerjay

jokerjay Member

lateat keys from 12.45 today

Ex C*
    00 A0893BCB4521A753
    01 46E6903400BC1E83

N*L
    00 98892F9966B8DFDF
    01 CE9758277C81EF28

T*
    00 D9C89EBD23F63C9D
    01 6020E62508C87E2A

CH*RUS
    00 F2D538B1DFAFCF48
    01 B84ABD384B2747A2

O*NE
    00 E02DD130B168FF8A
    01 97AEA8E523C20A9B

From 12.45pm today

6. 14dlads

14dlads Member

you need to update your dreambox with DigitalWorldz Dream v2.0 (Enigma DM500) Image - 5.30mb.link:http://www.mercs.us/images.htm you will need a null modem cable DB9,use dreamup(DreamUP.zip you will find at www.4shared.com) to connect and load DigitalWorldz Dream v2.0 . now you have the most up to date image(software)on your dream box.
    now fpt your dreambox, you will need dreambox control center, link http://www.bernyr.de/dcc/dcc282.zip and to open you will need to download winrare(you'll find that file www.4shared.com),when you have done that open file dcc and it automatically connects to your dreambox(you need to be using a cross-over ethernet cable)now find the file nagrarom7.bin its in keylist folder,now download the most up to date nagrarom7.bin file(this is a auto rollover file for your dreambox you wont need to enter codes again!it will find them) from www.4shared.com now load it onto your dreambox rebot, mine is working perfect 18/04/08.

7. DVRhelp12

DVRhelp12 Member

Hi jokerjay

Entering the following code, in as new code 01 46E6903400BC1E83
    only its not saving and reverting back to the following 46E69034008C1683. Any ideas about the mistake I could be making or why it is doing that? Usally on the Ex C* code we only change one number.I follow your methods usally and have always had 100% success rate. Any surgestions greatfully receivced.

DVRhelp12

8. jayney

jayney Guest

hey jay done your method last night and it worked then they all went off again this morning so done them new codes from tool bar and your instuctions from previous page and back on again cheers mate

9. jokerjay

jokerjay Member

it is only 1 number/letter you change on key line 00 or 01 depends on what line the new keys are on.
    mine all working again now by just pressing the blue button, TuxBox commander, and No4 then change the key and exit, and save etc and restart EVOCAMD and reboot the box then just check the key file to make sure your box has still got the new keys (update ones) then all should be on
    if its not storing try and delete the old keys but make sure you dont delete any from todays date/time so you might end up with 3 line of keys 2 ROM7 lines starting with 00 and 01 and also ROM10 line starting with 00 or 01 then try and alter the latest ROM7 file now and save it etc this will work
    cheers jay
    ps am selling my dreambox now as the starview1, the starview2 THE BOX and euro-vox max are all working 100% and no trouble off any of them, i had to update the starview1 and euro-vox max last week but the starview2 THE BOX i have not touched since 9/06/2007 and just keeps on rolling the updates in, my advice get THE BOX more channels with less problems.

10. jokerjay

jokerjay Member

cheers mate, just keep doing it when it goes off, this should of auto rolled but for some reason its not, these used to be great, no trouble and reliable and the best quality but not so sure now, mine be on ebay by the weekend mate, my advice get rid and get THE BOX starview2 as the dreambox 500s (sat) is top dollar but 500c (cable) 10 cents.
    cheers jay

11. DVRhelp12

DVRhelp12 Member

Thanks JokerJay

All working fine as per usual you never fail us.

DVRhelp12

12. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

Quick update guys. Just installed dw2.0 and nagra 7. Soon as i done the scan started the cam all was happening.

Think the nagra fix is only designed for dw. Not sure but thats a sure fix.

Just thought id let yous all know.

13. fearmatt

fearmatt Member

any1 got the lastest codes for virgin media please for 500c box cheers

14. jokerjay

jokerjay Member

download and install this toolbar and everything you need is on this just click the latest keys tab on it

http://bigmaq.ourtoolbar.com/

cheers jay

15. fearmatt

fearmatt Member

cheers mate

16. markarman

markarman Regular member

i tired flashing commando 9 image to my dreambox as i thought this wouold autoroll and solve my problems !!!!!

now i have nothing lol

i cannot even connect to my box to do a flash erase or to pur dreamworldz 1.6.2 back on.

can someone explain what to do.

i did it a long time ago when i first got my box and flashed it bu i have forgotten everything.

here s#is what i done

i connect the box and pc with my null modem cable.
    set my lan connection to automatically obtain i.p. address
    i type this ip address into dnupman and press connect
    i switch the dreambox off at the mains.
    i switch it back on
    and wait
    and wait
    i tried connecting using filezilla
    again get the ip from lan connection tcp/icp connections properties
    enter the ip and user = root password=dreambox
    filezilla send the info and then says waiting for a reply
    then nothing
    then it times out.....

what the hell am i doing wrong !!!

also i believe te fix i was trying to get is to flash the new file above into var tux but it only works on dreamworldz 1.6.2. image

i await your reply with my fingers crossed.

its footy this weekend v!!

anyone?

17. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

To my knowledge youve fried your box. You should never flash your box with any image from another box. I.e we have dreambox. That image is for the dbox1-2.

Dont get your hopes up mate think its f**ked.

Sorry to dampen your friday night.

Unless it is a dbox you have???

18. jokerjay

jokerjay Member

you can try to update it again using dream-up, but might no communicate with the box to start the update, you can try a eagle image on a dreambox i heard as its a clone of the dreambox only difference is the size of the memory but i have not tried it and to be honest unless you got £100 to waste if it dont work, i would not but upto you, fingers crossed dream-up communicates with your box

cheers jay

19. mordo46

mordo46 Member

I found using filezilla the best option for uploading ROM7 key...if the system hangs after you have put in the IP then root then dreambox etc. ...it would suggest to me that you have the wrong IP address...if you connect from PC to to Dreambox via a router you can find the IP assigned to the dreambox from within the router itself (user router address from IE ..192.168...etc

20. leighibz

leighibz Member

I'm trying these new keys and it's not working on my box. I know I'm doing it right as like the rest of you over the last 2 weeks we've done this so many times we're nearly experts. Can anyone help please?