1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreambox 500T 500C Fixes here

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Satlinksw, Apr 4, 2008.

1. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

Ok guys had a quick check.

IT WILL WORK IN IRELAND!

2. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

I think whats wrong mate is you havent upgraded the nagrarom 7. This need to be inputed into the keylist file on the images.

That is why i have written this tutorial and gave the working image. This has the autoroll in it. Meaning when the keys change the box doesnt go off.

Try following my tutorial.

Think it will come up trumphs.

3. fenfoz

fenfoz Member

Cheers CGScott, will give it a try tonight and will let you know hot it goes

4. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

TUTORIAL!

Follow this procedure guys and girls.

1. You will need relevant software so that your box can be fixed properly.

Dream up, Flash Wizard. Dreambox Control Center. Extract the file and autorun the program. A small box will appear with the relevant software.

HERE>>>http://rapidshare.com/files/109770655/DreamboxForEver.rar.html

2. Now you need this imgage i have FULLY WORKING! This is a flash wizard file and need to be flashed through the flash wizard program you downloaded before. PLACE THIS IMAGE ON YOUR DESKTOP. EASY TO FIND.

Here>>http://rapidshare.com/files/109770789/working_dw2.0.fw2.html

3. Now that you have downloaded the WORKING IMAGE. Connect to your dreambox via DCC. You will need your Dreamboxes ip address for this. If you do not have it and have an image already on you box. Go into the setup, expert, communications. Your ip address will be in here.

4. Once you have connected to the dreambox. Open Flashwizard. Go into configuration and ultilies at the bottom of the box. Make sure the ip of the dreambox is the same as the one in dcc. It should be. If not change it.

Now Click Install a Firmware to flash memory. Now you will need my WORKING IMAGE. You downloaded above. Click the open folder tab. Browse for the image. Should be on your desktop as instructed above. Click open.

The image should now be visible in the box.

Now click flash image backup. This will install the image to your box.
    Takes approx a minute.

Once completed reset the box. PLug into ur tv. And try.

It should now show that the flash is installed.

Do the scan using bruteforce.

Once the scan has finished check your channels. TRY SS1 FIRST. If you dont have the channel. Reboot box. This time the evocam should startup and will roll the channels.

PLEASE SOMEONE TEST THIS! AND LEAVE A MESSAGE!

This is the simplest way to install this image. If this doesnt work or you have problems connecting to your dreambox you will have to go down the null modem route. Please leave me a message if you have problems with this.

Thankyou

Chris

5. markarman

markarman Regular member

chris,

when you say " you will have to go down the null modem route" what did you mean, i only have a null modem cable and i tried flashing your new image using dreamup the other night..

when i rebooted the box i got a black screen on my tv. the green light was on on the front of the box but nothing worked.

in the end i re-flashed my old image 1.6.5.

so what should i do ??

i have downloaded all the files you said and even saved them on my desktop " for easy access"

cheers for your patience with me

mark ..

6. markarman

markarman Regular member

so.......

i connected the null modem cable and unchecked the use network box.

i clicked on connect and it asked me to switch on the box.

i unplugged and re-plugged the box at the mains

i clicked flash and browsed to the desktop.

guess what ??

no image file......

chris i know you know what your doinf but your not making it simple and clear enough for numpties like me !!

come on mate you can do it

i am dyeing to give you a good report.

cheers

7. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

Guys go buy a crossover cable. The image i have uploaded is a full working image. This can only be done thru the software i have provided.

The null modem only allows you to uploade image files. Hence the resonn my file was not recognized through dreamup.

This image is a fw2 extension which is a flash wizard pro file. And can easily be flashed. If you want a fix for your box please go buy a crossover cable.

You can upload an image through null modem but you still need to connect to your dreambox through dreambox control centre to install the relevant software needed to get a working image which MINES IS!

So PLEASE BUY A CROSSOVER CABLE AND FOLLOW MY TUTORIAL.

Null Modem only gives you a flash of basic images guys.

Thankyou

Chris.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2008
  8. markarman

markarman Regular member

shame that,

well if anyone does decide to buy a crossover cable to try chris's untgested unproved fix with absolutely no feed back other than his own,let me know how you get on.

also how much your crossover cable was. although i dont think i'll be getting one somehow.

cheers for nothing chris

lol

9. micron123

micron123 Member

hi everyone
    you don't need to reflash your boxes if you can FTP to them.
    just get the latest nagra files.

10. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

Yes but in which way do you FTP them? Through Crossover Cable is it not?

And why would any newbie want to have to go through the process of downloading the nagra 7 then going through the hole var process when they can just simply follow my tutorial and have a working box?

11. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

BTW it isnt untested and it does work. A crossover cable is a mere £5. And if guys that have them now connect to theyre box theyres will be working before yours mate.

Sorry to dampen your spirits.

Give it to ur imaginary friend to fix!

Im watchin the man u game. R u?

Cheers

Chris LOL

12. micron123

micron123 Member

cgscott
    there is only one way to FTP
    that is with a network connection via your pc.
    use ftp software . I use "coreftp lite" which works just fine.
    you only need a crossover cable if you don't use a router.
    just copy the new nagra files into your scce folder, assuming you use evocam. then alls fine...
    i don't even use a DM500C. I got a DM7025 and there are no new images for that..

13. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

I know this but for people without the router they will need a crossover cable to do a direct connection. Been having a few problems with people who dont have routers here.

Plus all the hassle of pople not wanting to buy one 2 fix a simple problem!

Thanks

Chris

14. micron123

micron123 Member

your right there chris.
    the easyist way for people with no technical knowledge is to flash with the new DW2+fix via the dreamup route. with a null modem cable.
    do you agree?
    Steve.

15. markarman

markarman Regular member

hi chris,

firstly......
    i seem to have upset you in some way i would like to offer my most unreserved apologies for this and i would like to state that upsetting you was never on my agenda and certainly wasn't my intent..... so apologies to you.

secondly... yes i watched the man u game as here in ireland it was on rte 2, thats a free channel rather like bbc.

i have no imaginary friends so asking them to fix my box is a no. no. lol

as yet your fix has only been seen tested and used by yourself so in real terms it still isn't proven and certainly has not been generally tested. i tried my best to give it a go and test it as an independent. and i would have been very very happy to post a positive comment on here with positive results..... alas no cross over cable so i dont think that will happen.

please keep up the good work i know i find your posts useful and informative.

thanks and apologies again

long live the cable guy !!

if anyone does come up with a fix (that doesn't include a cross over cable lol ) let me know i would love to try it out and i would love even more posting positive (or otherwise ) results of my findings

cheers all

16. markarman

markarman Regular member

question for micron 123

do i read your post right in that you have a fix for the auto update on a dreambox?

i think you say i can network my dreambox via a hub and ftp a nagra file to the scce file.

if i have this right i will try it at my brother in laws house at the weekend if you would be so kind as to confirm my understanding and let me have a link to or copy of the correct nagra file.

or better still i will let you have my email address if you p.m. me and you could send me the file that way.

thanks for reading

gratefully

mark ..

17. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

OK.. Heres the deal you will need an ethernet cable with router to connect to ur dreambox. I you can do this then follow my instructions set out in the tutorial. If you don't have a router you will need a crossover cable.

This will enable a direct connection between your pc and dreambox. Thus allowing you to do what i have set to all the other people.

It is tested by me. Works fine. I have also flashed other boxes in the same manner.

I did not not do my box in this way when the cable did go down. I had to go through the longer procedure.

I have simply set up a backup of my box meaning that other people can get connected to they're boxes easily and enjoy without the hassle.

To my knowledge tonight there is no possible way of doing the full working image by null modem. I will Try to sort something out for those people 2mmorow. If it is possible i will post this up when and if it is.

ps. it was on sky sports in the uk. Not BBC

Thanks

Chris

18. markarman

markarman Regular member

hi chris,

that would be great if you could do that.

my reference to the bbc was only to demonstrate that rte is a free channel here in ireland.

my box is working so i could have watched on sly sports i just prefer rte for the after match craic.

btw.

did anyoone else see dunphys tirade ??

lmao "bottler bottler cheat cheat cheat." he never has liked united
    lol

cheers all

19. markarman

markarman Regular member

a kind of off the subject question.

here in ireland you can get an internet connection through the same cable as you get your n t hell t.v.

so.....

is there some way of hacking into their internet via the dreambox using a null modem cable or ethernet cable or anything else.

i.e. a wired connection to your dreambox then on into their cable hub and then onto the internet??

any thoughts?

thanks all

20. micron123

micron123 Member