1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreambox 500T 500C Fixes here

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Satlinksw, Apr 4, 2008.

1. markarman

markarman Regular member

cheers steve

but... you realise your dealing with a numpty here right ??

which file/files do i download ?

please confirm also i ftp that/these into the scce file using an ethernet cable and a hub?

thanks m8

2. micron123

micron123 Member

markaman can you ftp to your box ok?

3. markarman

markarman Regular member

i will only know at the weekend when we visit my brother in law and use his hub.

but assume yes please.

4. micron123

micron123 Member

i'm new to this forum.
    how do you pm on it?

5. markarman

markarman Regular member

at the top of each post theres a pink/salmon coloured bar.

at the top right of this theres a picture of a head.

click on this and enter your message

cheers again

6. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

if your box is working why all the fuss then?

I dont type keys in anymore.. Who needs keys???

7. markarman

markarman Regular member

chris,

all this fuss is because i want to learn new things and with a bit of luck get to your level with flashing/programming these boxes.

then with luck i could stop putting the keys in manually by using yours or someone elses fix.

as you say " whi needs keys" lol

thanks for the interest though

mark ..

Last edited: Apr 23, 2008
  8. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

Buy a crossover cable then. Or direct connect through your router using ethernet.

Why not even google and read up on how to do this type of thing.

After all thats how i learned.

9. Phase123

Phase123 Regular member

10. need2no7

need2no7 Member

I have downloaded dreambox control center, and other software, can anyone, explain how to flash using null modem cable.
    Sorry guys and girls, new to all this

Any help appricated

11. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

You need a crossover cable mate. Theyre not that expensive. Then you can flash.

I have no working image for the null modem flash yet but im working on it.

12. tellyman

tellyman Member

Thanks everyone for info and codes on this forum.
    However I too would be grateful if somebody could post a link to an image for a dreambox 600PVR with the new autoroll without having to network it. I can flash it with null modem cable but haven't got a router.

13. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

14. markarman

markarman Regular member

you can flash using a null modem cable that how i started.

you need a programme called dreamup, simply connect the cable to your pc and your bos then uncheck the "use ntework" box click on connect,

you will be asked to switch your dreambox on, turn it off then back on at the mains.

this will connect the pc and box.

what you do then is up to you. ie flash/flash erase whatever.

be aware though that the images available wt the moment do not have the auto update fixed so you will probs have to keep putting the codes in manually as and when they change them.

best of luck mate.

chris,

please will you get off this forum ??

you really are getting nasty. i googled and came up with this forum which i have been using for a long time and may i say with much success.

if you do not want to help other people other than to suggest they google for the answers to their questions or learn the way you did then you really aren't any use at all and your snide remarks will not be missed at all.

lets face it you haven't brought anything tpo this forum other than an alleged fix for which we have no independant verification quite simply because you keep changing the parameters of how we can use it.

i for one will be ignoring your venomous posts from now on and will deffinately not miss anything because you post nothing really (not really) just unproven and un provable blarb about your super fix which you stole from someone elses spanish webvsite and claim to be your own.

15. hadmad

hadmad Regular member

Hi mark

if ur looking for Cross over cable i will make you one im in tallaght let me know and you can have it you will have to pick it up no charge

hope this helps
    Hadmad

Last edited: Apr 24, 2008
  16. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

Firstly mark i did not steal this from a spanish website.

And secondly at this precise moment i am workin on getting my workin image up and running using a null modem cable.

I think you will find if i can achieve this then you will be thanking me and not slating what i have put on the forum.

Last thing: What Phase123 has achieved by googling that link is exactly what i typed up in my tutorial. You need a crossover for that procedure. But if i achieve the null modem fix then all you need is the equipment you have.

The files you download on my tutorials are ones i uploaded myself.

If you think im makin a mockery of people then so be it.

I look forward to cracking this purely just so that you realize i am here to help.

Thanks

Chris

17. need2no7

need2no7 Member

Thanks for the quick reply, I have the null and the crossover usb cable, are you saying even after i flash it, i will still have to enter codes manually, and if so is there another way to do it so i don't have to enter the codes 3 times a day thanks to nt hell

Need

18. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

Yes mate if you have the crossover cable follow my tutorial and you will get all the software you need plus the working image.

This image does autoroll the keys.

Ul need the ip of your box but if you have a router that will auto detect this.

19. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

TUTORIAL!

Follow this procedure guys and girls.

1. You will need relevant software so that your box can be fixed properly.

Dream up, Flash Wizard. Dreambox Control Center. Extract the file and autorun the program. A small box will appear with the relevant software.

HERE>>>http://rapidshare.com/files/109770655/DreamboxForEver.rar.html

2. Now you need this imgage i have FULLY WORKING! This is a flash wizard file and need to be flashed through the flash wizard program you downloaded before. PLACE THIS IMAGE ON YOUR DESKTOP. EASY TO FIND.

Here>>http://rapidshare.com/files/109770789/working_dw2.0.fw2.html

3. Now that you have downloaded the WORKING IMAGE. Connect to your dreambox via DCC. You will need your Dreamboxes ip address for this. If you do not have it and have an image already on you box. Go into the setup, expert, communications. Your ip address will be in here.

4. Once you have connected to the dreambox. Open Flashwizard. Go into configuration and ultilies at the bottom of the box. Make sure the ip of the dreambox is the same as the one in dcc. It should be. If not change it.

Now Click Install a Firmware to flash memory. Now you will need my WORKING IMAGE. You downloaded above. Click the open folder tab. Browse for the image. Should be on your desktop as instructed above. Click open.

The image should now be visible in the box.

Now click flash image backup. This will install the image to your box.
    Takes approx a minute.

Once completed reset the box. PLug into ur tv. And try.

It should now show that the flash is installed.

Do the scan using bruteforce.

Once the scan has finished check your channels. TRY SS1 FIRST. If you dont have the channel. Reboot box. This time the evocam should startup and will roll the channels.

This is the simplest way to install this image. If this doesnt work or you have problems connecting to your dreambox you will have to go down the null modem route. Please leave me a message if you have problems with this.

Thankyou

Chris

20. fenfoz

fenfoz Member

Hi CgScott,

I have tried your fix it does not work for NTL Ireland, thanks all the same, so just to let others know don't waste your time as this fix does not autoroll.

I would appreciate anybodys help is there an image with the autoroll built in that I can flash onto the box with a null modem cable.

I addition I tried an new image with the null modem cable and searched via ntl bruteforce. I then ftp'ed to the box and installed nagrarom7.bin but still no luck. Am I doing something wrong or using the wrong files for NTL Ireland. I have had no problems fixing the starview boxes and even the starview clone but these dreamboxes are really confusing. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.