1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreambox 500T 500C Fixes here

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Satlinksw, Apr 4, 2008.

1. handymam

handymam Member

2. stibbler

stibbler Member

I had this problem ["error 10057 in function send socket is not connected"]. Turns out that the IP address that DCC was automatically detecting for my PC was incorrect (although it did match the IP address that I got from using startmenu--->run(or windows button+r)-->"cmd"-->"ipconfig /all" command in DOS). I plugged out my network cable so I had no router connection/no internet connection etc and checked the IP address again through DOS - it was different this time. Restarted DCC and the correct IP address was available in the drop down menu for my computer. Then it's just a matter of setting up the Dreambox IP (DB setup menu->communications->expert setup->set IP address to same as computer with last digit changed to .4) and connecting.

Not sure if this helps or why this happens, but it seems to me that the error is a result of DCC detecting the incorrect IP address for your computer and the answer is to temporarily remove all connections, wireless or cable, to other devices/networks and restart DCC.

3. smerlin

smerlin Member

Hi guys, I just read all the updates in this thread, and noticed the negative responses to CGScott. If someone goes out of their way to help you, I think it's very rude to direct your frustration to him, if you can't get your Dreambox to work right away. You're not the only person who can't get it to work, we all had to go through this. Just calm down, and try again. In the end of the day, you'll get it to work, and if not today, you get it to work tomorrow. What struck me reading on this forum, is that guys don't take time to READ. Asking for help is easy, but why not READ all the post from page 1 to page 30 BEFORE you ask. If you read through all the posts in this thread you get your box to work, guaranteed. Mine is working fine for one week now, I don't even notice it when it updates keys. Works like a charm.

Thanks again CG Scott, for taking the time to help us out! It much appreciated. Enjoy your weekend lads!

4. linny40

linny40 Regular member

about time someone else thanked him

oh and dont forget us LADIES on here to :D

5. Phase123

Phase123 Regular member

Well said Smerlin.. much appreciated.

I know the guy personally and he has given hours of his time to help the users of this forum and I was amazed when dopey vented his frustration at him.....
    "shame that,

well if anyone does decide to buy a crossover cable to try chris's untgested unproved fix with absolutely no feed back other than his own,let me know how you get on.

also how much your crossover cable was. although i dont think i'll be getting one somehow.

cheers for nothing chris "

As the man says folks, please search this forum before asking questions which have already been answered.
    Well done GCScott.

Hi Linny :cool:

6. markarman

markarman Regular member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Last edited: May 2, 2008
  7. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

Thanks for the response guys.

When i said this was a working image. It was. Seemed that a lot of people were making the mistake of click yes to the flash erase when asked using the null modem cable.

This is a vital part of the installation. You must click NO.

Well before markarman was shouting his mouth off i had my box up and running. I simply had to devise a way to get a working image for yous guys so your boxes could be flashed simply.

I found markarmns comments hilarious and to be honest i dont think the guy has a box at all.

If you read back on his previous posts on this forum yu will see when he slated me he tried to null modem my image and it didnt work. That is when he started his comment that Phase123 mentioned above.

Then you will see him mentioning later a little thankyou to me when people did get theyre boxes going then he mentioned.

Please read back on previous posts guys. All the information is there.

May i be the first to thank whatever spanish website that i stole material from. Thankyou. LOL

To all the people who used my image to get the box going enjoy!.

Hopefully this is a long term fix but if not people i will come back on and help those excluding markarman with the next problem that comes along.

Cheers

Chris

Funny!

Last edited: May 3, 2008
  8. markarman

markarman Regular member

will be watching

9. Phase123

Phase123 Regular member

"will be watching"

Yes dopey and leeching.... google it!

This forum is about helping... negative comments are not helpful and unwanted dopey!

Why don`t you try to gain some respect after your dopey comments.
    Appologise and admit you were out of order with your comments dopey.

Don`t think you will though.
    You`ll just carry on leeching and when you cannot get things to work you`ll come back and dis your peers.

Pity the forum can`t stop negative dopeys like you leeching.
    How much time have you searched or even tried to help the members of this forum leecher?
    Don`t like my comments?... well leave..don`t think so!!

Forum users pleaser read back..the guy has been unfair and useful helpers have left.

Markarman(dopey)
    Please do not post unless to appologise.

Think before you post!!!

10. markarman

markarman Regular member

This forum is about helping... negative comments are not helpful and unwanted

calling someone dopey is not a negative comment ???

enough said !!

Last edited: May 3, 2008
  11. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

U got your box going yet?

If you have then it wont be with my untested fix.

Probably from some spanish website.

Cheers

Chris

12. Phase123

Phase123 Regular member

Sorry Markarman Dopey was what someone else called you.
    Numptie is, if I recall right, what you called yourself.

Proved me right tho`, didn`t think you`d appologise.

Anyway this is not what this forum is about.

Your absence of questions suggests you have your fta box running now.
    Please tell is how.....for the newcomers.

13. wizkid9

wizkid9 Guest

Hi Phase123 and cgscott,

Just checking in again.

Thanks to you guys people have working boxes.

14. markarman

markarman Regular member

lol

bullying is not just something you find in the playground !!

15. Phase123

Phase123 Regular member

THIS IS NOT WHAT THIS FORUM IS ABOUT!!

GIVE IT UP and supply some positive contribution.

Tell us if you resolved your problems... if not either ask for help or leave!!

16. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

I haven't read any previous pages but any nonsense that's going on by whoever - Drop it.
    This thread is supposed to be about Dreambox 500C - any silly, unrelated comments will result in a slap.

17. markarman

markarman Regular member

the only problem i had with my box was manually changing the keys.

i stated earlier and left thanks for help with the 3 nagra roms which i ftp'd onto the box and solved my problems.

since then it seems you have been taking great time out of your life to persecute me.

bullying is what someone described it as to me.

i will not rise to your insults and i will continue to follow this thread and use the very useful information i find.

i do not apologise to bullies

if i can help anyone please feel free to pm me as other people have done and i will do my best to help.

sorry to all the genuine people out there who have to keep reading this poison. at least its not aimed at you lol

keep up the good work everyone.

p.s.

has anyone noticed if they are doing code changes still??
    i dont for 1 minute assume they have given up.
    what does everyone on here think this means. are they looking at other ways to solve their problem?

regards

mark ..

18. Phase123

Phase123 Regular member

Creaky says ..."DROP IT!"
    Do you hear DROP IT!

Firstly, what`s the point of private messaging people, it does not help any of the forums users other than yourself.
    Please share your knowledge!

Nobody is bullying you, we are simply pointing out that you were out of line with your comments.
    The "bullies" as you call them are the guy that took time out to help you, and out of frustration, you insulted him and myself who could not believe you had done so.

Anyway it is obvious you have not read his help because you are still rambling on about keys which everyone has fixed with the tutorial the man supplied.... notice the absence of input?

DROP THIS "leave me alone" crap and supply positive input to everyone and not by private message!.

Never, ever met a forum user like you!

DROP IT NOW

19. dc369

dc369 Member

hey everybody,
    i have a friend who is interested in buying a dreambox..he lives in louth in ireland and does not recieve n*l..he was wondering if he was to buy an n*l dish would this work for a dreambox and would he recieve full capability of a dreambox..??
    Any help would be hugely appreciated..
    Dean

20. linny40

linny40 Regular member

HERE HERE!!

Ive not been posting as i dont need any further help( MY BOX IS WORKING) but i have been watching whats going on and some people are being just nasty and bullies. As im a lady im not going to mention any names but the idiots out there know who they are!.
    All i can say is that if it were not or Chris CGSCOTT then my box would not be working. I can thank him personally _ which i have done on more than 1 occasions for helping both me and my friend with our boxs. He has time and patience and is NOT GETTING PAID for this work. He is giving up his free time - which im sure like most people he has better things to do but NO! what does he do. The guy comes on here to help people, gets abused by some. Thankfully Chris your man enough to overcome these idiots.

So guys n gals if your box is working and your happy then leave these guys alone. IF your box is NOT working then PLEASE go back a few pages and READ all the information coz IT IS THERE for you to see.

And for the idiots numpties dopeys etc etc out there ................GROW UP and get a life!
    From a lady that cant thanks Chris enough!