1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreambox 500T 500C Fixes here

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Satlinksw, Apr 4, 2008.

1. linny40

linny40 Regular member

IF you look back a few pages and look for posts from CGSCOTT that shoudl help you. he has helped out so many people
    you may have to look back at quite a few posts and check links in siggys for help to

2. leighibz

leighibz Member

Is GCSCOTT's original image now fully working or is the fully working image an updated one?

3. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

New tutorial

1. You will need relevant software so that your box can be fixed properly.

Dream up, Flash Wizard. Dreambox Control Center. Extract the file and autorun the program. A small box will appear with the relevant software.

http://rapidshare.com/files/109770655/DreamboxForEver.rar.html

2. Now you need this image i have FULLY WORKING! This is a flash wizard file and need to be flashed through the flash wizard program or through Dreamup . PLACE THIS IMAGE ON YOUR DESKTOP. EASY TO FIND.

Flash Wizard Image:

http://rapidshare.com/files/110539401/dwemptyautoroll.fw2.html

Null Modem Image:

http://rapidshare.com/files/110539456/dwemptyautoroll.img.html

3. Now that you have downloaded the WORKING IMAGE. Connect to your dreambox via DCC. You will need your Dreamboxes ip address for this. If you do not have it and have an image already on you box. Go into the setup, expert, communications. Your ip address will be in here.

4. Once you have connected to the dreambox. Open Flashwizard. Go into configuration and ultilies at the bottom of the box. Make sure the ip of the dreambox is the same as the one in dcc. It should be. If not change it.

Now Click Install a Firmware to flash memory. Now you will need my WORKING IMAGE. You downloaded above. Click the open folder tab. Browse for the image. Should be on your desktop as instructed above. Click open.

The image should now be visible in the box.

Now click flash image backup. This will install the image to your box.
    Takes approx a minute.

Once completed reset the box. PLug into ur tv. And try.

It should now show that the flash is installed.

Do the scan using your area. For example Uk or ntl ie etc.

Once the scan has finished check your channels. TRY SS1 FIRST. If you dont have the channel. Reboot box. This time the evocam should startup and will roll the channels.

This is the simplest way to install this image. If this doesnt work or you have problems connecting to your dreambox you will have to go down the null modem route. Please leave me a message if you have problems with this.

Null Modem Fix:

You will need a program called dreamup.

http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/download/DreamUP.zip

Then download the image. The null modem one. Save this to desktop.

You need to plug the null from the box to pc.

With the dreambox switched off start up dreamup program.

Then untick use network box. Then click connect. Startup the dreambox.

It will connect. The flash box will then open. Click this it will ask for image. The image you downloaded open that. Then it will flash the image to your box. If asked to flash erase click NO!

Then flow the rest of the procedure mentioned in previous posts.

Thankyou

Chris

This is a fully working image! You will get what you need from this.

Try it.

4. leighibz

leighibz Member

I used the image the very 1st time you posted this tut, it was exceptional and thank you very much, is the image it the tut above the same image, that's all I'm asking

5. lucas2007

lucas2007 Member

hi cg im looking to get the latest image flashed to my box. i checked my laptop but it has 15 pin female port.

the box has a 9 pin male port so what do i need? cant seem to get a null modem cable with with the correct pins!

my pc has the correct port for me to flash the image but i wanted to use the laptop as the pc is so bloody slow now.......
    if you or anyone knows of anything that could help it would be much appreciated :)

6. leighibz

leighibz Member

You may find that the 15 pin female port is VGA not Null Modem. Try FTP via Ethernet istead, supposed to be much easier and faster

7. passat22

passat22 Member

Hi

I tried the dreamup method as I dont have the dreambox 500c's ip address as the box seems to have died, however when I am connecting via the rs232, using the converter cable all I am getting is "the hardware detected a framing error" or "the hardware detected a break condition and nothing further is happening. Can anyone please advise me what I am doing wrong, I have read lots of post and have been trying to sort this box out for days and am not getting anywhere.

Any/all help is greatly appreciated.

thanks

8. linny40

linny40 Regular member

have you read all the posts from cgscott - he is they guy that has managed to sort out this particular box

9. passat22

passat22 Member

hi yes I have read back quite a few pages, however when I try to get the box ready to reflash, using dreamup, the box just doesnt seem to respond, I just dont know what to do, is there anyone who can help me. thanks

10. Phase123

Phase123 Regular member

Searching the web I suspect that your rs232 cable is not the right one for the box.
    Unfortunately the null modem cable (rs232) can be wired different ways for differing applications http://www.lammertbies.nl/comm/info/RS-232_null_modem.html

Here`s how I believe it should be wired ...
    Pin 1 - Not Connected
    Pin 2 - Goes to Pin 3 on the other end
    Pin 3 - Goes to Pin 2
    Pin 4 - Goes to Pin 6
    Pin 5 - Goes to Pin 5
    Pin 6 - Goes to Pin 4
    Pin 7 - Goes to Pin 8
    Pin 8 - Goes to Pin 7
    Pin 9 - Not Connected

Ebay £3...
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Null-Modem-Ca...ryZ39804QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Good luck

11. wizkid9

wizkid9 Guest

Hi lads, i had the same problem.
    Power off the box then connect it to the pc.
    Once you have it all connected, turn on the power to the box, if cable is the right null modem it connects straight away.

Hope this helps

12. passat22

passat22 Member

Hi thanks for that, the cable I have is

DB9 Female DB9F 9 pin RS232 Serial Null Modem 2m Cable, I ordered this from ebay from cablestar, so is this the wrong one?

I have just ordered the one you suggested and once its arrived I can try again.

many thanks

13. xtelboyx

xtelboyx Guest

Many Many thanks got to "cgscott"you are an absolute star mate....

Cant thank you enough, In fact come to Derby you'll get a night out mate.... the beers on me...

For any guys and gals wanting to fix their DM500c's follow this guys threads back the info is all there. I even learned what a NULL modem cable is! wouldn't be without it now. Lets hope it holds out for the next wrath of n*l on Wednesday.

cgscott - again ... thanks a million - top dog..

14. passat22

passat22 Member

Hi

I have received the null modem cable and am trying to fix my dreambox, however when I switch on the box it just doesnt seem to connect using dreamup and unticking use network. please can someone help me I dont know what to do, its as though my box has died. the power comes on and thats all it does.
    thanks

15. Phase123

Phase123 Regular member

Hi, Make sure the ports are available in device manager on your pc.
    Or try changing the comms number on DreamUp. Wait a short while, it can take time to connect.

Have you ever had it working?

Let us know passat22

Good luck

16. Dub13

Dub13 Member

What is the latest Key for NTL Ireland please.

17. lucas2007

lucas2007 Member

sorry man not aloud to post keys here anymore :(.

my advice is to download *removed* it has lots of new sections on it including an area with the latest keys for ireland and england.

Last edited: May 22, 2008
  18. lucas2007

lucas2007 Member

sorry it changed its name aparently here is the link if ya want it!

*removed*

Last edited: May 22, 2008
  19. passat22

passat22 Member

Hi

The comm port is working properly and the box did work when I first got it, however it only worked for 2 days and then just died. When using dreamup, when prompted to switch on the dreambox, its as though dreamup does not acknowledge that the box has been switched on and it just does not connect. Ive left it for about an hour and nothing. do you think my box is unrepairable? because if it is I might as well give up wasting your time.

thanks for all your help

passat22

20. robwright

robwright Member

I will reitterate what xtelboyx has said in an earlier post on this page.

cgscott has provided step by step destructions that are clear and easy to follow. and they actually work fantastically. Have fixed a three of my dreamboxes in less than an hour.

Many thanks. Your a star.

xtelboyx i also live in derby, so ill be up for that drink.