1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreambox 500T 500C Fixes here

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Satlinksw, Apr 4, 2008.

1. Phase123

Phase123 Regular member

2. passat22

passat22 Member

Hi

no there isnt anything on the tv screen, it doesnt seem to connect. And no I have never connected via crossover cable or router, I only have one socket to connect the cable on my modem so unable to connect. Any suggestions as to what I should do next? I dont know what to do now, I think im at the end of the road with this box.

thanks for all your help

Passat22

3. boxyboy

boxyboy Member

can anybody help me I am trying to reflash a dreambox dm500. I have downloaded dreamup and connected to box. in dreamup log it appears to see my dm500 but keeps asking to switch on box, now box is on (green light)I have left it for about 45 min and still nothing happens. What am I doing wrong

4. linny40

linny40 Regular member

try going back a few pages and looking up posts from cgscott he has done a complete tutorial for people and helped loads with their dreambox's

5. Phase123

Phase123 Regular member

Don`t give up passat22

Bit puzzled by "I only have one socket to connect the cable on my modem"
    Network cable connects from the pc to the box... no modem needed.
    Then communicate with it via DCC.
    It`s worth trying a crossover cable or connecting with a normal cable to a network and running the suggested program to search for it.

Keep at it.

6. boxyboy

boxyboy Member

I have gone back through forum but nothing tells me what I have to do if
    it keeps asking me to switch on box and box is already on. I have reflashed Eurovox & Starview before with no trouble but this one is giving me grief, any help would be great thanks

7. lizpat

lizpat Member

Hi messed up 500-t by mistake. Re flashed box succesfully with dw v2.0 as before. Successfully ftp nagrarom 7 to var dir. 2 keylines present when i checked. Re booted box but no clear channells. What can I do.?
    Desperate for some guidance.
    Many thanks
    Lizpat

8. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

9. lizpat

lizpat Member

my apologies

10. linny40

linny40 Regular member

to be honest i completed mucked mine up but gave it to a friend who contacted CGSCOTT and he sorted out both mine and my friends box. I know mine works but have not checked it coz i lost the plug lol! try contacting him and asking him to explain to you what youhave done wrong. yes the EV was simple to do lol

11. joxer1

joxer1 Member

Are you connected to the right comm port? When you connect your dreambox leave it powered down with the power supply disconnected ( not in standby ) and when it asks you to turn on your dreambox then connect your power supply. It should only take a couple of seconds to connect..

12. passat22

passat22 Member

Hi, the one socket thing is where my internet lead goes into the computer and if I take that out then the internet does not work, the network cable, is that the same as the ethernet cable rj45? as I do have this lead but no where to put it.

I did remove the lead from the internet modem and put it into the dreambox and tried to connect via dcc and then I get the following message "Error 10057 in function send socket is not connected."
    Is there something else I need to buy in order to use the crossover cable?

thank you for all your help and your patience.

passat22

13. Jinxy1975

Jinxy1975 Member

Hi guys,

i've followed everything.

in flash wizard pro when i get to "install firmware into flash memory", then drag and drop the file, click on the file on my desktop, hit open and then asks me "Sure to restore backupped image 'working_dw2.0.fw2'", i click yes then i get the error message "unable to connect to IP address 192...... please check connection parameters"

I'm connecting to the Dreambox 500C using a USB Serial Converter RS232. i had to buy a mini gender changer for it to connect properly.

any ideas?

14. lucas2007

lucas2007 Member

thanks cgscott mate you are a legend. pint of guinness waiting in ireland for you.
    flashed the image didnt work at 1st and panicked but then i read where you said to press the blue button and restart evocamd. all channels came back in seconds.

plus another bonus no more double channels.

sweet thanks alot again man.......

15. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

Did you go check the ip address that your trying to connect to was correct?

4. Once you have connected to the dreambox. Open Flashwizard. Go into configuration and ultilies at the bottom of the box. Make sure the ip of the dreambox is the same as the one in dcc. It should be. If not change it.

16. Jinxy1975

Jinxy1975 Member

Hey chris,

I managed to flash the image.IP address was the same but it worked somehow this morning but didn't yesterday.

Problem now is that when i unplug the 500C, leave it a while and plug it back in, nothing appears.it the power is on but the Evocam that usually happens isn't and i've got a blank screen. it seems frozen.

again, any ideas?

many thanks

Jinx

17. lucas2007

lucas2007 Member

try pressing the blue button and press ok the evocamd i had to do this twice but it did work

18. Jinxy1975

Jinxy1975 Member

I haven't even got that option Lucas.

The Dreambox is completely frozen. The remote doesn't work, the manual switch on the box to power it on and off don't work. Nothing registers with it.

I have to turn it on/off at the socket.

3.5 hours to the Munster match too. down the pub with me!

19. pcphil

pcphil Member

Hi All
    I would just like to put on record that Chris (cgscott) is one hell of a bloke. I followed his tutorial step by step and low and behold I am back in business. I live in Dublin and his fix worked no problem. I think he has done some fantastic work and has gone out of his way to help everyone. We are forever in your debt mate, three cheers and well done once again.

20. Jinxy1975

Jinxy1975 Member