1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreambox 500T 500C Fixes here

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Satlinksw, Apr 4, 2008.

1. nethy

nethy Member

absolutely fantastic chaps, after 4 months of freeveiw, which drove me banans at last I can enjoy the new footy season with all your wonderful advice and instructions, we must all fight our mps over this new privacy act as all this wonderful info will disappear
    D

2. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

Glad to hear it thats why were here!

Take time to read back on the forum guys all the info's there.

Cheers

Chris

3. dvather

dvather Member

Hi,
    I hope someone can help. I am having a problem with a dreambox 500C.
    I have put 3 different images on it using dream up with a null modem cable and without a crossover cable if that makes a diffrence. Everything goes fine and the image loads on. However when I unplug the box and plug it in again nothing happnes. The light doesn't even come on in the front. ( it come on when the box is connected to dreamup).
    Can anyone help???

Thanks..

4. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

Your powerpack may be bust.

What images have you flashed to the box?

Make sure they are compatible with the dm500c

Is the box a genuine box?

More info please?

Last edited: Jul 16, 2008
  5. bsecret

bsecret Member

I will try it tonight, wish me luck

Thank you so much one and all you have made a Good Man happy

Cheers!!

6. donalg

donalg Member

NEED- ADVICE
    I am buying a flashed Dreambox 500T from www.dreamboxireland.com. The guy says he will flash the box with dw2.0 image. I am going using it with Ch* MMDS.

1. Can any one recommend these guys?
    2. Will this flashing be enough to get me started(ie will I also have to enter enter in keys before I get started?
    3. Will I have to be suscribed to CH* for this to work? If so do I place the CH* card in the Dbox instead?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys

7. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

Any news on that mate?

Be good for the forum if you let us know how you got on!

Cheers

Chris

8. donalg

donalg Member

Hi -- Still need advice

Can some one tell me if the Dreambox 500t will work with the dw2.0 firmare?

I have read this forum and all the upgrade seem to have to do with the 500c(cable version)! Would some one be kind enough to tell me if I am getting the correct firmware?

9. Wlodek

Wlodek Member

Hi Lads,

I'm trying to de c ode cable TV chor-s/nt-l in Limerick using dm600c,
    but I have no luck so far. Orginal image found some channels, but not all of them. I flashed the box with gemini 4.4 image, and now I can see full list of TV and radio channels. So there is a good staring point. I downloaded emus using blue panel and put kejz in the right directories, but they do not work. When I telnet to the box and run ie. mg c amd I can see 'bad or missing kej' errors so I assume that I don't have right kejz, but I've got no idea where to find them. I tried many, from differet sources but still no luck. How often they change the kejz? How the autoupdate works in the box? Do I have to connect the box to the internet or I just need right emus with right kejz ?

Thanks,

Wlodek

10. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

Sorry mate wont work. There are other images for the mmds service. Why dont you get a cable line may i ask?

11. eml

eml Member

Can you help I can only view free to view channels on my Dreambox 500c, thanks

12. cadey110

cadey110 Member

Hi guys, a newbie to the boards here. I have a Dreambox 500T with Chorus MMDS. I cant get Setanta Sports 1. I was wondering if any of you know which frequency that it is broadast on in Ireland so I can manually input it into the box.
    Appreciate any info available. Some alos suggested that I move my dish slightly as this might help it to pick it up. Would this work?

13. donalg

donalg Member

Cable is not available in outside the main cities in Ireland.

What image will work with CHORUS MMDS in Ireland?
    Maybe cadey110 will know--- What Image are you using? Is every other channel working except for Setanta?

14. quantumIE

quantumIE Member

hey,
    does someone have an updated irish cables.xml file they can send onto me?

Thanks.

15. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

My mistake this image will work with chorus in the menu to scan for channels it has the area you are looking for. Make sure you scan with that only.

16. LK123

LK123 Member

Hi cgscott, first af all, thanks for providing image/info my 500c!

Would it be possible to get an image using the PLI images? It appears to be best for network streams. I'm finding dreamworldz buggy in this aspect. ie some channels don't stream audio, vlc links rarely work.

Or else just provide the instructions to build it myself. I presume I'll need to install the evocamd 2.12? Is there any other changes?

PLi also say that their images are clone safe.

Thanks,
    LK.

17. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

U can try a few other cams for streaming purposes. Dont know why you are having problems. Maybe boost the signal a little.

As for the PLi Images i have never tested them.

I have had no problems with digiworld 2.0 so i havent felt the need to change my image.

Hope this helps mate.

18. lawlor59

lawlor59 Member

i live in du*lin on n*l. its the first dreambox that i'm trying to flash. can anyone give me a hand. i'm doing it with null modem can anyone tell me the latest image, thanks in advance

19. alfredous

alfredous Guest

Hi Lawlor59

I think maybe what you should be looking for is not so much the latest image as one that works.

Me, I downloaded the DW Dream 1.6.5 (update) image from Bigmaq toolbar and also the nagrarom7 fix in late April. I haven't had a problem since.

I only check out this site occasionally because I got so much help when I needed it. I posted a similar message recently and noted that it was met with a reply that Bigmaq does not have the most up-to-date fixes.

All I am saying is that the ones they do have work for N#L in D15!

Google Bigmaq Toolbar - download - enjoy.

20. sc1985

sc1985 Member

Hi
    Everybody! Ive been reading up on all sorts of fixes on this site - and it seems that everything try doesnt get me anywhere!

So far i have flashed the image 2.0 using the toolbar that has been suggested with a null modem cable, although there are 2 other fixes on there that are rar files which i cannot use to flash onto my box.

I have taken someones advice and downloaded FileZilla and used an ethernet cable to connect it - but it says critical error and will not connect. I am using my pc in work to try and sort this out which is on a server and uses an automatic ip address - is this maybe the reason why is isnt working?

I have tried pressing the blue button on sky sports and still nothing - i have also tried using tuxbox and starting evo cam 2.12 but nothing - am i missing something? Im at the end of my rope!

Also when i go into keys by doing it manually there are no keys there

Also i live in wales, so does anybody know if there is somewhere i can send my box off to pay for someone to do it for me?

Thanks you everyone for all your advice, im sorry to be a pain! x