1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreambox 500T 500C Fixes here

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Satlinksw, Apr 4, 2008.

1. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

The image i have supplied on here works fine. Everythings in it you need.

The images on the toolbar have to be installed then you have to download the nagra files and ftp them to the box using flash wizard.

2. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

FRESH INSTALL IMAGES I PROMISED

Ok Guys. Heres images for both null modem and flash wizard.

This is a fresh image not a backup of my box.

I started from scratch so it is just a working image.

The images have autoroll and have scanning for every service provider.

Once installed it will ask you to do a scan. There is a list of diffrent scan i.e uk, ntl ireland etc

Make sure you scan your area.

Once you have done this. select a channel wait at least 1 minute if the channel does not start press the blue button and press ok on evocam 2.12. This will start the cam. And you will get your channels.

This is a fix for everyone and especially the irish boxes so that you dont have the double channel problem

Nullmodem Image:

http://rapidshare.com/files/110539456/dwemptyautoroll.img.html

Flash Wizard Image:

http://rapidshare.com/files/110539401/dwemptyautoroll.fw2.html

I have flashed a box using both methods and can tell you now that they work.

Tested myself. So guys get Loading

When aked to flash erase when using dreamup PRESS NO!

3. sc1985

sc1985 Member

Cheers Scott - just got ur thread - and ive downloaded you r null modem cable link.

Does this mean i havnt got to mess around with the ftp and ip addresses and i can just upload it straight onto the box and the cams etc will be there? x

4. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

Thats exactly wahat it means. But remember click no when asked to flash erase or you end up with a dummy image.

Cheers

Chris

5. sc1985

sc1985 Member

Aaw i hope your right - i was about to launch this box across the room ive been so frustrated with it lol!

Ive already got DW Dream2.1 uploaded on there - does that matter?

I live in Wales, it will still apply to me will it? It hasnt asked me for my home town before now, i assume thats what this image is for is it?

Thanks a million Chris - il let you know how i get on tonight when i get home! x

6. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

What to do is Use dreamup and flash my image. Click NO to flash erase when asked then the image will upload. Turn the box on when its finished scanning your area provider go to a channel like bravo then wait a few minutes. Viola there you have it.

Cheers

Chris

7. sc1985

sc1985 Member

What do u mean turn it on once its finished scanning my area, does it have to be plugged into both the cable and the pc while im uploading the image? The only problem i have with thast is that i only have a pc at work. :S

Do u mean run a transponder scan wen u say scan my area? Sorry to sound like an idiot!!

8. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

Yers just flash the image then take it home and try it.

9. barborian

barborian Member

this image is still going down it autorolls for a couple of days and then needs a key to be installed, the bottom line is there is still no image file available to combat the constant key changes on the dm500c, i recently flashed a starview 1 box with the latest image and that works fine it updates itself with no problems so why is the dreambox 500c being affected worse than the rest?

10. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

So not true i shall show you a screenshot from my dreambox.

There is nothing wrong with this image.

Sports Xtra Now

[​IMG]

May I ask what makes you think this not to be working.

Is it just you havent flashed the image properly?

Last edited: Jul 22, 2008
  11. linny40

linny40 Regular member

CGSCOTT will help you in any way he can he is the guy that has managed to sort our most of the dream boxes. MIne is working perfect and has doen since the day it got fixed all thanks to CGSCOTT and his hard work.

if any one can this guy can!

12. sc1985

sc1985 Member

CGSCOTT i you are the best!

I went home last night and tried it and everything is working perfectly! I suggest anyone trying to FTP their boxes not to bother because this method is much easier and quicker!

Thanks very much everyone for everything!

Im really grateful! You ve made my year!!!! x

13. barborian

barborian Member

i used dreamup and my null modem cable as i have been doing for the last two years, the image goes on fine and autorolls for a couple of days and then needs a key, the longest time this image went on for was two weeks and then the channels went down amd needed a key.
    the box is fine and the image goes on correctly, i may be a newbie to this forum but i am experienced with these boxes. and also is it true that digital worldz have stopped supporting the dreambox now? i see there is a breakaway group called digital kaos now making images for the dm 500 so this image may well be worth a look.

14. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

What area do you live in?

This is a fix nothing else not a sort of fix for the dm500 a solid working fix.

And i am very experienced in this box alone.

15. jamdorj

jamdorj Member

Guys, I need some advice please, my dreambox 500c has stopped working like a few of my other electrical goods since we had a power surge a couple of weeks ago, I was wondering whether it can be repaired or is it useless now? Any advice would be highly appreciated.

16. linny40

linny40 Regular member

you wont get thanked for typing in red! but follow cgscotts info - look in his siggy and there is a link to the post aobut how to sort out your box.
    ITs not condemed yet and you can get it working! jsut need time and patience. good luck!
    if it was a power surge then you may not be able to do much. but it could be worth a try, have others in your area had problems with electrical faults ???

Last edited: Jul 29, 2008
  17. woody55

woody55 Member

HI Guys"""" Thanks a lot!!!!! at last..... I have been tring for some 2+ months and at last I've got it going. (SO IT DOES WORK) I started again first FLASHED with erase and stright after Flashed again with NO erase and this time the cam opened so restored chan's and within 35 sec's all ok.
    A REAL BIG THANKS ( just try another approch )

18. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

No problem.

19. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

Is the box power light still coming on. If so then cant see anything wrong with the internals. A wee bit more info wont go a miss. I'll be able to help you out then?

Does it boot up?

Did the channels just get lost?

More info please

Cheers

Chris

20. jamdorj

jamdorj Member

Is the box power light still coming on. If so then cant see anything wrong with the internals. A wee bit more info wont go a miss. I'll be able to help you out then?

Does it boot up?

Did the channels just get lost?

More info please

Cheers

Chris[/quote]

Hi Chris,
    No, the box has got no light or indication of any power on, I opened it up today and there was a small black patch which looks like it got fried up when we had the power surge. Will it be cheaper taking it to an electrical repair shop or should I just get a new box.
    Many thanks, Jampa.