1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreambox 500T 500C Fixes here

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Satlinksw, Apr 4, 2008.

1. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

May be only a capacitor or internal fuse thats gone. Bring it to any electrical repair shop. They will check the voltages, (or lack off) coming from the PSU and tell you if its a quick fix. If not all isnt lost as you may just need to replace the PSU.

2. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

As scOuser said mate try a repair shop. probably your best bet. Cost a lot less than a new box anyway.

Replacing capacitors and such is a simple task and the PSU is no probs either.

Cant see a major fault with it to be honest. Just a blown fuse or a a burnt out component.

Cheers

Chris

3. alfredous

alfredous Guest

Barborian

I have availed of help from this site and have had no problems since April 2008. I posted advice recently on what worked for me. By all accounts, cgscott knows what he's talking about - maybe you just don't pay attention to detail - maybe you have a clone box - but, somewhere you're going wrong!

Be humble, and re-evaluate.

The people who contribute to this site are usually well-meaning and, ultimately, will solve your problem if you can properly articulate it and, more importantly, accurately heed the advice given.

No offence intended.

4. jamdorj

jamdorj Member

Thanks sc0user and chris, for your advices, I'm gonna take it straight to a repair shop and see if it can be fixed asap. I'll let u guys know the outcome soon and once again many many thanks. Keep up the good work :))

5. JanJee

JanJee Member

Hello sir, I am newbie I just bought DD500s I tried my best to work but finnaly I set my box on factory set. After that I am trying hard and I succeeded to flash with gemini image. I do not know where to make directory in pc and what files are required, where to copy and how to transfer these files to box and what is CCcam etc what is the fuctions etc. May by my question is nonsense for you . But I am new to this box before. I have been using other cheap boxes. star, hivion, humax etc. But this box is a big big big problem for me I can not do any thing. I can watch fta channels and I also can not delete one channel or sat or add a sat. I am extremely sorry for this disturbance. But from the last one week I am busy to solve but nothing I am as it as one week before. Please read thisand guide me if you have few minutes.

6. hamster08

hamster08 Member

hi

does this image still need the keylist file editing or is this included in the image? when i do a scan i find transponders but no channels

thanx

7. Satlinksw

Satlinksw Guest

No, it doesn't.

8. hamster08

hamster08 Member

sorry to be a pain, i am a complete noob but I am having real difficulty getting this working, i have tried both the null modem and flash wizard methods and I can't get it to work.

I do an auto scan, it finds the transponders, then when i do a scan if finds no channels. Am I missing something?

9. hamster08

hamster08 Member

i have found out i am in a 6952 area, also when i disconnect the lead i find no transponders. when it's connected i find transponders but no channels.

10. hamster08

hamster08 Member

Cracked it!!!

I have an extension lead from a splitter. The other end of the splitter goes to my cable modem. It used to work with my old box but the new box doesn't get a strong enough signal. I connected it into another room where I have a cable feed and it worked.

Thanks for your help chaps this is a great image. I used the Flash Wizard method without any problems.

11. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

Glad to be of assistance.

Cheers

Chris

12. donalg

donalg Member

Loss of signal issuse problem with the 500-T?

Hi Guys, I got and dream box 500-T flashed it with the dwemptyautoroll.fw2 image. It works and I get the channels, but some reason- every few minutes the screen freezes or gets jittery-- like if the signal is lost. But I have Chorus Box working beside it and it works fine.

Has anyone seen this before?
    Is it the tuner inside the BOX or is it the firmware?

13. hamster08

hamster08 Member

I may be wrong and even though I used the Flash Wizard method I believe people have had most success using the DreamUP NULL Modem method. You may want to give that a try and see if the box is more stable. I did have an issue and couple of weeks back when trying to get my 500c working when the box would lock up scanning channels. A reflash fixed it.

With a 500T box does it enable you to get Satan Sports? I assume the difference between a 500C and 500T is the tuner?

14. forzahoop

forzahoop Regular member

Alright all,
    I have setup and run the Image on the 500C. but i can't upload the channels, they are all there but nothing happening, how do i get the Channels loaded.
    Thanks

15. jamdorj

jamdorj Member

Chris, I went to a couple of computer repair shops and they had no idea what the box was and could not really diagnose the problem. I opened the box and showed the tiny black patch on one side of the motherboard and they said it will probably cost me a lotta money trying to repair it, I dunno what to do now...... they said it doesn't look like there's any problems with the fuse or the capacitor. By the way do maplin or pcworld technicians deal with these sorta boxes?

16. jamdorj

jamdorj Member

On the other hand, I've been thinking of buying a staview 3 the box super, is it better than dreambox or should i try and get another dreambox, i just need one before the premier league starts really, any suggestions on that peeps? cheers, jamdorj.

17. forzahoop

forzahoop Regular member

Hi lads
    The PC doesn't recognise the FWG, but the new Image worked but i can't get the channels up and running, I'm in Ireland, any help please
    Thanks

18. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

I prefer the Dm500c personally. PLus you could pick one up for bout 70 quid now mate.

Up to youreself but this is my box and i dont really concentrate on fixing any of the other ones.

Cheers

Chris

19. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

Forza this works fine mate.

Im sure weve fixed you box before if i go back and read on the forum.

What method you using flash wizard or dreamup?

Remember to click no to flash erase.

Cheers

Chris

20. jamdorj

jamdorj Member

Cheers Chris, for ur suggestion, I think I'll stick with Dreambox as atleast I know where to look if I needed any suggestions for the box. I've seen some Dreambox 500c for nearly 80 quid including delivery but just wondering whether it'll be the clone one, and even if it is a clone one I've heard it's quite similar with the real one. Is that true?