1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreambox 500T 500C Fixes here

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Satlinksw, Apr 4, 2008.

1. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

Clones are pretty safe now youve just got to watch what images you use mate.

I would stick to this or a couple of other images. Thats my limit.

Cheers

Chris

2. jamdorj

jamdorj Member

I've been browsing through some of these dreambox sellers and it looks like they are all based in china and definitely would be clone ones, but are they safe enough to order via them?? could someone pass me any uk based sellers adress, i'll be very grateful for that.
    cheers, jamdorj.

3. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

Pretty safe buying any box now mate just stay clear of the gemini images.

http://www.dm500c.co.uk/dm500c.html

Heres a link for you.

4. jamdorj

jamdorj Member

5. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

Looks okay but same again this is a rebuild of the original dm500c.

Theres a warranty with it so you are insured for the first 12 months.

I have spoken to people with clone boxes and so far theyve had no probs with them.

i leave it up to you to decide mate.

Remember the footys only a week away.

Happy shopping.

Cheers

Chris

6. mel27

mel27 Member

Hey Guys, Grateful if someone could help me. I'm trying to fix a DM500. I've been at it all day and only tv3, rte2 are showing up and the picture is fuzzy. I followed instructions from this tread about updating image which i did. I pressed blue button and stopped and started emu but still nothing. Its now has a box saying Service could not be found. I scanned in the N*l Ire Bruteforce and N*L cable ie and till no channels. Grateful if someone could help as i'm used to Starview and Eurovox boxes.

Thanks in advance
    Mel

7. hamster08

hamster08 Member

Not sure what you mean by your PC doesn't recognise the FWG. If you can't get the channels check the the signal. A brute force should find a transponder and then from there you can scan for other channels.

8. hamster08

hamster08 Member

Sounds to me like a signal issue. On tv3 wiggle the cable to see if the signal goes solid. I had an extension lead which worked perfect on my old VM box but the Dreambox didn't get enough of a signal from it. I have now swapped out the extension and all is working fine

9. mel27

mel27 Member

No i tried that and still nothing. I have tried it on a tv in work today also and had the same problem!!

10. hamster08

hamster08 Member

I am using a clone box with the cgscott image. It works a treat I got it from dreambox.org.uk, it took about a week to arive. Ships with the German image but if you follow the instructions on here you should have it up and running in no time.

11. hamster08

hamster08 Member

Are you using it on a 500C or 500T do you have cable at work??

12. mel27

mel27 Member

I'm not sure. Its a friends box that i'm working on. Its silver and has DVB on the front but when i connect it using DreamUP it just says its a DM 500. I'm using a Null Modem cable to connect the box to the pc

13. mel27

mel27 Member

Sorry yes we have N*l in work aswell

14. hamster08

hamster08 Member

Try a reflash, then do another scan. When doing a scan you should find about 100 transponders. If you don't it could be a dodgey reciever card. Also there are 2 boxes one says SYN I think and one says something else. They have a green tick in them. If the ticks stay on solid you have a good signal when doing a brute force, if it flickers on and off then it's a signal problem.

15. forzahoop

forzahoop Regular member

did another flash and the Signal is there but no channels
    is there something after the scan i need to do to unlock the channels. The scan on the transponder found 320 channels but there are no channels

16. mel27

mel27 Member

Doing reflash at the mo. I was going back through threads and some people have said to hoose no when asked to erase flash so will try that also. Will let you know how i get on. Thanks a mill for your quick responses

17. mel27

mel27 Member

Have done reflash and its seems to have worked a bit better. Have gotten most channels except for rte 1&2, tv3, bbc1 etc. The channels are still a bit fuzzy with lines going across the screen and the message'Service could not be found is popping up from time to time. Is there anything else that i could do??

Also when i turn on the box it says it has Digitalworldz Version 2 on it. Is this teh most up to date??

18. mel27

mel27 Member

Box not working at all again. I done a search in google images and this is the box that i'm working on. Its black in the picture but the one i have is silver and also it says its a DM 6oos but when i connect it in DreanUP it says its a DM500. Very grateful if someone knows how to fix this :)

http://images.google.ie/imgres?imgu...reambox+dvb&start=18&gbv=2&ndsp=18&hl=en&sa=N

19. hamster08

hamster08 Member

The box you have provided a link to is a clone of the Dreambox. The Dreambox 500 is no longer made I believe. The D600 is pretty much the same box but it has a hard disk for recording, probably why DreamUP sees it as a D500, it may be you have a clone of the 600 . I am not sure if the D500 image will work on a D600, also if you have an S that means it's a sat receiver in there and not a cable receiver.

You will need to firstly find out if the image you have will work on the D600 and secondly if it does work what tuner you have in it. It seems like the image you have, which is a D500 image works ok and the tuner is wrong.

DW2.1 exists but I beleive the image that cgscott has put together is based on the DW2.0. I think the DW2.1 has issues.

20. mel27

mel27 Member

The box you have provided a link to is a clone of the Dreambox. The Dreambox 500 is no longer made I believe. The D600 is pretty much the same box but it has a hard disk for recording, probably why DreamUP sees it as a D500, it may be you have a clone of the 600 . I am not sure if the D500 image will work on a D600, also if you have an S that means it's a sat receiver in there and not a cable receiver.

You will need to firstly find out if the image you have will work on the D600 and secondly if it does work what tuner you have in it. It seems like the image you have, which is a D500 image works ok and the tuner is wrong.

DW2.1 exists but I beleive the image that cgscott has put together is based on the DW2.0. I think the DW2.1 has issues.[/quote]

Thanks a million for above. It explains alot. I will have a look around to see if i can find anything for it.

Thanks again
    Mel