1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreambox 500T 500C Fixes here

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Satlinksw, Apr 4, 2008.

1. maxisneil

maxisneil Member

Ok what i said first of all was true,i had been doing everything right, as i used your image this time and did it step by step and still the same problem.

The Box, and others no longer work in mine or my other friends house next door, take either of them to another house five mins away and they do work. NTL have changed their signal on a transponder most probably because it's the only logical reason for it to stop working here and not other places. Another reason i think it's a signal issue is that when you go to scan the lock and sync boxes are supposed to be constantly ticked but they flutter on and off being ticked.

Hopefully it's only temporary (Been like this for 3days now though) Or it happens in other areas and someone makes a fix!

2. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

Another reason i think it's a signal issue is that when you go to scan the lock and sync boxes are supposed to be constantly ticked but they flutter on and off being ticked.

This should'nt happen.

Reflash your boxes and scan using your area. There r people in your area that r using my image and have had no problems.

3. drawflex

drawflex Member

4. drawflex

drawflex Member

Last edited: Aug 9, 2008
  5. drawflex

drawflex Member

Last edited: Aug 8, 2008
  6. maxisneil

maxisneil Member

I dont have ntl broadband, but i am getting it, besides that im still paying them for the analogue service so they havent pulled the plug. It definitely isnt the box, i know how to ftp and telnet and they're how i do all my boxes with no problem but the other day it stopped working well it got very jumpy and glitchy, it gradually got worse and worse until now today it only shows no service found and can only picks up a few channels from a bruteforce ntl scan.

So i used the above method to try and followed it exactly and it made no difference, the method does work for what it was built for but this is a new problem, because these boxes work in other houses just not in this or my friends house two doors down anymore and they used to

Last edited: Aug 9, 2008
  7. Phase123

Phase123 Regular member

As Chris suggested, probably signal strength.
    Check it out on your cable box under settings.
    Compare the strength of various channels with the signal in the other houses.

8. fleetingm

fleetingm Member

Just wanna say a massive thsnk you to cgscott. Simple instructions that even I could follow and worked a treat using the null cable. Used Bruteforce UK and got all chhanels again.

Quick question if anyone knows. I have a splitter if i connect my Dreambox and normal virgin box off it wil they both work and will any quality be lost?

Cheers.

9. maxisneil

maxisneil Member

That’s what I said I thought it was. After clicking bruteforce ntl Ireland it finds a valid transponder. The SNR moves between 66% and 96%, the ACC is constantly on 39% while the BER jumps a lot, between what I think is 700000 and 4000000 , while the lock and sync buttons flash ticked occasionally.

But why would this start happening all of a sudden on the whole estate?

10. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

You can split them.

If your dreambox shows probs then buy a signal booster.

I have split mines over bout 10m and it is fine but i done another which was over 15m and they needed a signal booster.

11. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

This is simply a bad signal. On the whole estate you say?

You previously said it worked on a friends box 5 mins away.

I have had probs with signal loss.

Check your cable. If it looks bad cut it and reconnect it.

What i do know is that they are testing the nagra 3 signal in ireland and this could be the reason for your loss. But i have heard nothing form anyone else.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2008
  12. maxisneil

maxisneil Member

Myself and my friend two doors now experience this problem. A couple of houses five mins have not been getting this trouble. I tried every point in this house even the main ome and they all have this signal issue so where do i connect the booster or reconnect the wire?

What does the BER jumping between such large numbers mean?

13. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

The problem is localised to a point which could be just the tap on your row of houses. As you said you have a subscription, do you have a subbed box and is this working?

@cgscott there are no N3 stream logs in Ireland ;)

14. maxisneil

maxisneil Member

No subbed boxes just the 18channel analogue service which is fine but a bit worse than it used, Every tv point has got the ntl digital point boxes though if that makes any differnce

How can i fix the problem? NTL, signal booster?

15. maxisneil

maxisneil Member

No subbed boxes just the 18channel analogue service which is fine but a bit worse than it used, Every tv point has got the ntl digital point boxes though if that makes any differnce

16. maxisneil

maxisneil Member

17. maxisneil

maxisneil Member

18. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

If the problem is only recent but has also affected your neighbours. It is either a loose connection on the tap in the eaves or someone have moved your connection in the street cab.

As you pay for services call N** out to fix the problem. Obviously removing your "other" boxes first. Definitely a CC issue if direct connection to TV is also affected.

19. maxisneil

maxisneil Member

The effect on our normal tv is only sometimes, maybe a minute a day, and i dont know if my neighbours are getting this but the boxes don't work anymore in the estate. If i call them out wont they want to test my ty and then they'll think nothing is wrong that should be unless it happens to happen when they are there?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2008
  20. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

If the problem is intermittent then its a loose or open connection. An open, (non water tight), connection in the weather we have been having would cause this affect.

What part of Dublin are you in?