1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreambox 500T 500C Fixes here

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Satlinksw, Apr 4, 2008.

1. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

Yes now you need to upload the images provided in the tutorial.

Read back a few pages.

2. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

do a rescan as these channels come on a frequency change.

If your interested in discovery you may find youll need to scan it every few days.

3. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

My mistake.

Heres the full tutorial again.

New tutorial

1. You will need relevant software so that your box can be fixed properly.

Dream up, Flash Wizard. Dreambox Control Center. Extract the file and autorun the program. A small box will appear with the relevant software.

http://rapidshare.com/files/109770655/DreamboxForEver.rar.html

2. Now you need this image i have FULLY WORKING! This is a flash wizard file and need to be flashed through the flash wizard program or through Dreamup . PLACE THIS IMAGE ON YOUR DESKTOP. EASY TO FIND.

Flash Wizard Image:

http://rapidshare.com/files/110539401/dwemptyautoroll.fw2.html

Null Modem Image:

http://rapidshare.com/files/110539456/dwemptyautoroll.img.html

3. Now that you have downloaded the WORKING IMAGE. Connect to your dreambox via DCC. You will need your Dreamboxes ip address for this. If you do not have it and have an image already on you box. Go into the setup, expert, communications. Your ip address will be in here.

4. Once you have connected to the dreambox. Open Flashwizard. Go into configuration and ultilies at the bottom of the box. Make sure the ip of the dreambox is the same as the one in dcc. It should be. If not change it.

Now Click Install a Firmware to flash memory. Now you will need my WORKING IMAGE. You downloaded above. Click the open folder tab. Browse for the image. Should be on your desktop as instructed above. Click open.

The image should now be visible in the box.

Now click flash image backup. This will install the image to your box.
    Takes approx a minute.

Once completed reset the box. PLug into ur tv. And try.

It should now show that the flash is installed.

Do the scan using your area. For example Uk or ntl ie etc.

Once the scan has finished check your channels. TRY SS1 FIRST. If you dont have the channel. Reboot box. This time the evocam should startup and will roll the channels.

This is the simplest way to install this image. If this doesnt work or you have problems connecting to your dreambox you will have to go down the null modem route. Please leave me a message if you have problems with this.

Null Modem Fix:

You will need a program called dreamup.

http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/download/DreamUP.zip

Then download the image. The null modem one. Save this to desktop.

You need to plug the null from the box to pc.

With the dreambox switched off start up dreamup program.

Then untick use network box. Then click connect. Startup the dreambox.

It will connect. The flash box will then open. Click this it will ask for image. The image you downloaded open that. Then it will flash the image to your box. If asked to flash erase click NO!

Then flow the rest of the procedure mentioned in previous posts.

Thankyou

Chris

Last edited: Aug 14, 2008
  4. drawflex

drawflex Member

got it on a brute-force ... found 60 new channels :))

5. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

So youve got what you were looking for.

Nice.

Cheers

Chris

6. tashabuk

tashabuk Member

Ok I am new to this, I have a dreambox dvb 500 and I am getting to the point I really don't know what to do, I have read the user manual but there is no information regarding my problem. When I turn to channel uk living plus 1 There will be a voice over for e.g ' She lays her cup down and walks to the door looking worried' in some guys voice that I know is not meant to be there, I am aware that this is in place for people who are unable to see but for me it can get a bit annoying, I dont need to hear all this and it ruins my programme so I end up turning it off. This happens to a few of my channels even ITV. Can some one please help.

Also my signal is really poor for BBC1 & 2 the same as ITV, how can I make the signal more stronger or is there a problem with the receiver, only had it for a week.

Thanks for any help offred, greatly appreciated :)

7. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

What image are you using?

If its the dw image press green and turn the narrator off. Thats why you get someone talking through it.

As for the signal. Try a signal booster.

The word itself has a clue to what it does.

8. passat22

passat22 Member

Hi Chris

I have been following the null modem method as I cant get the ip address of the dreambox. It gets as far as upload completed, waiting for acknowledge. Then it doesnt go any further and the flash button is backed out so I cannot click on the button to upload the image. what should I do next?

thanks for your help

passat22

9. gusman99

gusman99 Member

Hi All
    im re-imaging my DM500C and i've got a problem... hopefully someone can help...
    The box stopped working a few months ago - so to fix it im using Dreamup software. i've flashed the box, but initially I chose "Yes" to flash erase when asked - this apparently was a mistake :(

I can't see any bruteforce scan option, the only 2 auto scan options i have now are: All (SR6900) and All (SR6875). neither of which are working (either completes the scan and find 0 channels, or cant scan at all - 'no lock was possible').

I've tried re-setting factory settings on the box, and flashing it again without Flash Erase, but still no joy.

have i ballsed up the box for good - how can i resolve this and get the bruteforce scan i need?? HELP!

10. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/download/DreamUP.zip

Try using this version of dreamup.

It has 2 buttons either to flash or flash erase. Click the flash one. Then it will ask to flash erase click no.

This should resolve your problem.

Remember come back and let us know

Cheers

Chris

11. gusman99

gusman99 Member

Thanks Chris - but that's the version i'm already using. the problem is, that the first time i flashed the box, when it asked me if i wanted to flash erase - i clicked yes by mistake. so now i'm worried i've done irreversible damage.

i did try restoring factory settings on the dream box, and then flashing again, hitting "no" to flash erase, but it still doesn't work.

I've used the firmware from the same web page - is that correct?

12. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

No you need to use the image i have posted in the tutorial mate.

The null modem image. dw2.0

http://rapidshare.com/files/110539456/dwemptyautoroll.img.html

Null modem this to your box and click no when asked to flash erase.

Cheers

Chris

Last edited: Aug 16, 2008
  13. fleetingm

fleetingm Member

cgscott,

Suppose I clicked yes to flash erase when flashing your image. How would you undo the error.
    Just re flash clicking No the second time or would you need to re flash original image or re set factory settings etc?

Cheers.

14. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

You simply reflash the image again but click no next time around.

Factory reset on the box has nothing to do with image flashing.

15. alfredous

alfredous Guest

Would it be rude to ask you curious guys to just pay attention to cgscott and do (exactly!) as you are advised.

I have availed of great help from this forum some months ago from various tutors and have had no problems since April.

I keep in touch mainly out of a sense of obligation.

cgscott
    seems to be the current guru - just do as you are told - don't ask why - you most likely won't understand the answer anyway!

16. xempt

xempt Member

Hi all,complete novice to this - have looked through the thread and don't seem to find answer. Just bought Dreambox 500T and running it thru Ch**us MMDS (living in North Kildare). A mate in Laois updated it with relevant uploads etc from Bigmaq on Friday night and we viewed it at his gaff no hassle, 124 channels etc. Conencted it at my own place on Saturday - picking up Ch**us fine on the transponder but am only able to view a handful of channels clearly (no s*y channels, no Irish or UK terrestrial etc, U*V intermittently) with the rest giving distorted image. Seeing as it worked fine at the mates house (he has same Ch**us package) - is it an aerial problem? Many thanks for any help.

17. drawflex

drawflex Member

After getting to grips with the 500-c, i'm lookang at going down the 500-s route, but can't find any details on here for it... can anyone point me to some newbie-friendly sat advice ?? I gather it's a totaly different kettle of fish...

All i want is a couple of links... I've gone down the google route but.... it'll take me a week to sift through all the crap.

18. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

Try this:

www.i-cant-think-for-myself.com

As you put it "sifted through the crap" Ive been doin that for 6 months going down the sat route and im finally getting there. Theres is no easy route and by saying things like this will only let people know how lazy you are to learn.

Nothing is easy if you think the cable was a bit hard then multiply it by 50 with sat.

My only advice would be to do what everyone else is and try first.

Learning from mistakes is the best way to learn.

If you get an easy fix and something goes wrong how you going to understand what has happened?

Sorry for being blunt but im getting fed up of people taking the piss.

Try first and come back with a problem. Dont just say it will take you ages to look coz if you go on a major site like this one sayin this they will ban you for good.

Cheers

Chris

Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
  19. Phase123

Phase123 Regular member

Hi all,
    As you can all see Chris is bit pissed off with people who don`t help themselves.
    It`s very easy to post and ask questions here ...and that`s what the forum is for but there has been too many questions asked here that have been answered already by Chris himself.
    I know he has spent many, many hours of his free time, sometimes trying images that "kill" his box only to have to find a way back.
    He has posted numerous times his resolution to these problems so please...I know it takes time... look through the previous posts to find the resolution to your problem and don`t piss him off by asking without thoroughly trying to help yourself.
    99% of the answers are here... the 1% please post back with your knowledge.
    This is the way he has had to learn.

20. gusman99

gusman99 Member

Success! just tried that and it worked - looks like i had the wrong firmware anyway so it wasnt the flash erase that was the problem after all.

thanks chris - much appreciated.
    gus

ps - u seem to be getting it from all angles lately. sorry to have added to yr burden - i did scan through the thread but couldnt see any solution to my specific problem, apologies if i missed summat