1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreambox 500T 500C Fixes here

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Satlinksw, Apr 4, 2008.

1. joxer1

joxer1 Member

Haven't been posting for a while just reading, but anyway fair play to you Chris.
    I was trying for about a year with a 500s but with no joy I'm afraid, so I gave up. You have planted the idea in my head again so I might have another go!! By the way your 500c image is still going strong in Dublin. Thanks again.

Regards
    J.

2. passat22

passat22 Member

Hi to all

I would also like to say a big thank you to Chris who assisted me at the weekend, his advice and help is what keeps this site going. also thanks to phase123 who has also helped me in the past.

keep up the good work guys and as you said all the info to fix your box is in the site if you read the pages the info isnt hard to find.

3. passat22

passat22 Member

4. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

You didnt miss anything mate. And you werent a burden but somone who tried to do it themselves b4 asking. At least you had a try at it. Good to see you got it working.

Cheers

Chris

Last edited: Aug 19, 2008
  5. drawflex

drawflex Member

Who said i was asking you directly anyway ?

As i said... i only wanted a couple of links and i'b be on track to learn it for myself.. i'm not asking for you to remote-fix it for me, or a link to a self-executable fix_your_500-s program.. just another thread like this one really.. but for the 500-s

Look chris... you been plenty help in the past when i was setting up my 500-c, this forum came up in my google search and i've read through this entire thread from start to finish to LEARN... I had a pop at FTPing my box, fluffed it up.. null flashed it... i've even wrote newbie-friendly guide to null flashing when you asked me. http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/47/647188#4200987

Yes... i've read it's hard... Thats why i wanted to read-up and be pretty confident before spending £70 of my hard-earned-cash. I read this thread BEFORE buying my 500-c.

I'll usually have a crack at anything.. but sometimes a point in the right direction is all you need eh ?

Jesus... If everyones' answer was google-it, whats the point of having a bloody forum ?

The subjects we're talking about are not exactly plastered all over the place are they ?

This is just downright bitchy ;

Gary

6. ronin876

ronin876 Member

hello everyone i have a few quick questions
    which box do you recommend the most??
    do i have to subscribe to anything ( i live in jordan)
    would this be able to unlock all nilesat and art channels ( art showtime orbit packages)
    and what size dish do i need for this sort of thing or does that not matter
    thanx

7. DesB

DesB Regular member

Drawflex.... your definition of crap... this may be the answer to someone elses problem, Dont knock people who are here voluntary, to give advice, pass on there knowledge, sometimes easy to understand other times not so easy,we are all learning everyday, yes the answer to your problem might not be there,however if you do what a forum is for, seek and learn, if you can help someone out do so!, I just think you have an awful cheek coming on here complaining that your being asked to Google something, We are not here to spoon feed you,most people will try and assist, however with your attitude I feel you will have very few people assisting you from now on!!!

8. drawflex

drawflex Member

I'm not really knocking anoyone... got here from google in the first place...

I thought asking for help and tips were what forums were about... looks like i asked in the wrong place eh ?

9. Phase123

Phase123 Regular member

OK guys....Chill!

Just choose your words carefully when posting then we`ll all be happy asking for help and giving it.

10. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

Thankyou DesB

p.s

Drawflew

heres your first link. go from there

thats the first one google flung up

http://www.sat-industry.net/forums/new-dreamers/33846-need-some-dreambox-dm500s-help.html

i could give you a not so simple but does fix for the dm500s but im not going to.

Do a little bit of fishing first and come back with something that will let me know you understand how the system works then maybe i might help you out.

Cheers

Chris

11. alfredous

alfredous Guest

Hey Drawflex, maybe you got a bit of an (understandable)over-reaction, but please, back off. This is the first sign of antagonism that I've ever witnessed on this site.

If you have a question, you're welcome.

If you have a genuinely critical comment, I imagine that's welcome too.

This site is the most altruistic encounter I've had with the human race - manners cost nothing (apologies a little more).

12. ronin876

ronin876 Member

i posted before but no answer.
    I have read through maybe four or five forums and cant seem to get a straight answer.
    im thinking of buying a receiver that allows me to unloick nilesat pay channels.
    is it best to get a card sharing receiver like a dreambox or should i get something like a nanoxx.
    if a dreambox is it hard to get peers that have nilesat unlicked seeing as i live in jordan.
    thansk for any help

13. DesB

DesB Regular member

Ronin, the reason your not getting any answers is simpley that the majority of peeps on this site are based in either the UK or Ireland and arent familiar with your needs perhaps try a site closer to home!!

14. grixsil

grixsil Member

Hi all,

Im thinking of buying a dreambox 500c, would this unit with patch software provided work in Malta?

If so, whats the lastest software?

Cheers All

15. yogger

yogger Guest

I am in Dublin and have tried getting my new Dreambox 500c working with N Tea Ell.
    Can someone point me to a Key list dot text file that works.

Also, should I be able to install a cam daemon that will automatically do this for me?

Any help would be appreciated.

16. sleepee

sleepee Member

17. sleepee

sleepee Member

That was the version I used and it still erased but on setting up the channels, which would still not come through, whilst on sp1 i hit the blue button and and got press ok to restart emu/or cs and got the channels :0)....so thank you all very much and hope this helps others

18. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

Thats in the tuorial mate.

19. Phase123

Phase123 Regular member

grixsil You posted directly after one of the sysyops answered a post that answered your question.... ARE YOU DAFT!!
    Previous posts from the REAL contributors stated they had had enough of this.

Read the previous posts and learn what this does.

This forum will end with this behavior...all the guys that matter will leave!

READ THE PREVIOUS POSTS!!!

20. Phase123

Phase123 Regular member

yogger... you are no better!