1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreambox 500T 500C Fixes here

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Satlinksw, Apr 4, 2008.

1. markarman

markarman Regular member

i only ever doubted cg scott when he originally posted his fix. if you take the time to read through the thread as you so pompously tell others to do you will see that actually at the time i doubted his fix it wasnt working. (i know i tried it)and other people commented on it too, cg scott did get it working and he was informed that you need to click no to flash erase when prompted to make his fix work 100%. something i have read him advise others many times. however, it is working now and has been working for some time so fair play to him. i for one am grateful for his efforts and time spent.
    some other people have contributed nothing on here but still beleive they can attack others, then they even admit to personal attacks and try to justify it by saying the victims of these attacks contribute nothing. contributing nothing i would suggest is preferable to contributing vile and poison and smart "google it" comments that are pure badness. contributing nothing certainly doesn't justify personal attacks and bullying, that says more about the person who tries to justify them than it says about anyone else.

as said previously to phase 123 "way to let it go "

i beleive thats what i said when i got suspended lol.
    (didnt bother me then either.)

shouldnt really have posted this as its of no help whatsoever, but i apologise as i just couldnt resist winding phase123 up again.

this thread should be closed as it has now just plunged into so much irrelavance it is laughable. ego's are being massaged and innocence are being insulted. that should be reason enough to end the thread.

someone earlier said start a new thread with stickies. i would love to see chris start this as he is THE ONLY person on here qualified to do so.
    i know (unlike some others) that my abilities are limited but i do not try to subsidise my inability be jumping on other peoples band wagons,trying to make me sound as though i know what i am talking about. and insulting others, thentrying to justify it !!!!!!

lmao

this cable guy thread is dead.

long live the cable guy's thread !!!

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

I'd just commented and you were daft enough to start it up again ?, stupidness knows no bounds i take it. Off to the naughty step you go again then.

Now the thread can get back on track.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2008
  3. manmarx

manmarx Guest

from the naughty step i would like to quote:-

"some people offer nothing to this forum and go out of their way to doubt and insult other contributors."

this was posted before my post and no action was taken.

nepotism knows no bounds !!

good luck !!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2008
  4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

markarman - your childish act of signing up of a new account just to spout off again speaks volumes. That account has been deactivated and if you do that again your original account will be permanently deactivated also.

Wait out the suspension of your original account otherwise i will permanently remove you and keep removing any subsequent accounts.

I had intervened in the thread earlier, yet you still had the nerve (and lack of common sense) to spout off, whereas the other 2 guys i'd previously named had calmly apologised. Says it all really.

5. Phase123

Phase123 Regular member

Creaky how can someone post when they have been Suspended Permanently?
    Seems to defeat the purpose.
    I`ve no problem with the guy posting and if he has problems he would like resolved, perhaps he has a unique situation which I`m sure we would like to know about. It`s all about knowledge.
    It seems by his remarks though that he would rather sling mud than contribute positive help to this forum. Pity.

Thanks again for your monitoring of these forums and the sensible decisions you make, without this, this particular thread would be nonsensical.
    Much appreciated.

6. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

markarman
    Suspended until 7-Sep-2008

The second account that he made has been suspended perminantly not his original.

7. ruthfitz

ruthfitz Member

Guys

Can anyone help me please? I'm pulling my hair out (and I've only just grown it!)

I'm following the tutorial - I've gotten as far as trying to connect to my dreambox and I'm getting an error 10057 message.

I'm a 'little bit' green when it comes to these things but I've been at this for 10 days now.

I'm looking for an working image for a dreambox 500c - N*L living in Dublin!

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated

8. Phase123

Phase123 Regular member

ruthfitz error 10057 is a connection problem.
    Which way are you trying to connect?

9. berkat

berkat Member

Hi all,
    I am struggling with the set up with a null cab,ihave downloaded and followed as per chris instructions.i have my dream box connected to my pc, when i click on dreamup i follow the instructions and when it get to the part where it states switch on box flash nothing happens when you click connect disconnect comes up and the back ground with the flash box in remains out of use.
    Can you please help me?
    A very grateful Trish NTL user Dublin.

10. Phase123

Phase123 Regular member

Try changing the com port

11. berkat

berkat Member

Tried that thanks phase have looked though all of this thread for hours and must be a problem i am generating here. I do not need the box connected to cabel do i?

12. ruthfitz

ruthfitz Member

Phase

I've tried to flash the image with a null cable and with an ethernet cable. Neither have made any difference. Any other ideas?

thanks

13. ruthfitz

ruthfitz Member

berkat

It seems we're in similar positions, what have you tried?

r

14. alfredous

alfredous Guest

Berkat

It's been months since I've had to do this but, from what I remember, don't even connect (via cable) your box to PC until Dreamup requests you to 'turn on'.

15. berkat

berkat Member

Downloaded dreamup,onnected box to pc with null cabel(box is not connected to ntl)followed intructions connect then turn on box but it will not allow me to click flash which stays in the background. Just followed the tutorial from Chris.

16. Phase123

Phase123 Regular member

You dont need to be connected to cable.
    The 10057 error is a connection problem.. the 500c is looking for a specified ip address which is wrong.
    With DCC you should have a green connection image and with DreamUp text in the box telling you are connected to the 500c
    With the DCC you need a router or cross-over cable then ask the program to find the ip address of your 500c.
    Null modem, the correct com port.

17. berkat

berkat Member

Thanks for your reply have also done as requested but to no avail thanks again.

18. alfredous

alfredous Guest

berkat

Again, I'm working from memory - but, as I said earlier, do not even connect your box via cable to PC: wait until Dreamup requests that you 'switch on' box and only then plug in the connecting cable - wait a few minute or two and you should be then able to click 'Flash' etc.. Good luck.

19. alfredous

alfredous Guest

Sorry about that, must have been typing just as your response was in transit!

20. berkat

berkat Member

Thanks Phase tried com 1 and 3 still not working.