1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreambox 500T 500C Fixes here

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Satlinksw, Apr 4, 2008.

1. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

Try using Dreambox Control Centre

Heres the link.

http://rapidshare.com/files/109770655/DreamboxForEver.rar.html

This has all the software you need.

Let me ask when you copy the files over do you delete the other roms?

I usually keep them in.

2. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

I know that newer dreamboxes have more capabilities like diffrent encoding and hd playback and recording but this little box is an 1/8th of the price.

I convert my movies into mpeg2 and play them back which doesnt disturb the quality whatsoever.

If you want to play back movies and record from your dreambox i suggest you look for a good video convertor.

3. barriem

barriem Member

Thanks I am really busy at the moment and to be honest fixing my mates box is not the top of my list so I'll take a look at these files at the weekend and have a bash.
    When I copied the rom 7, 10, 11 files across I overwrote the old files when it prompted me to.
    Anyway I'll have a tinker when I get more time and let you know how I get on.
    cheers

4. Zafod

Zafod Member

Hi Scott,
    I know the DM500 is the at the bottom of the 'capabilities list' and as such is the cheapest of the Dreamboxes. Thats why I bought it to as a 'Test' box, before spending out on a DM7025.
    Ignoring the hype from the sellers, I checked on forums (including at least on other that you are on) with DM500 owners about its capabilities, and was lead to belive it could do the job of both my Vermin box and Xbox with XBMC (i.e. watch Recorded TV and Download videos over a network). Meaning I'd have one less box under the TV.

The reality as you've helped to point out in your answer, is its possible as long as you go to the trouble of installing and setting up other programs on the PC's in your network, to do the work for the DM500. Not something that my family members could or would do. Hence my dissapointment.

BUT...
    That dosen't mean it isn't a great box.
    Athough it tiny, it the picture quaility is fantasic.
    Its certainly better than the subed Pace box you've got, and its size makes it ideal for installing inside a PC case, making a self contained MCE.

Which I'm hoping will replace both Vermin box and the Xbox, under the TV. :)

5. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

Any dreambox is good. If you notice on the DVB forum here people with eurovox, starview and the box super are havin the most problems how many problems have the dreambox peeps having?

I rest my case.

Dreambox is the way to go.

6. barriem

barriem Member

Hi cgscott, finally got that dreambox working, after loading the rom 7, 10, 11 bin files and the channels not working, I was hoping it was something simple and luckily it was. For some reason this dreambox had an option to load the emu again, so i did this and voila! The other two dreamboxes I had did not require this as there wasn't the option to do it and the channels automatically came on. Must be something to do with this particular image which was different to mine.
    Just thought I'd share this incase others have this problem. Thanks cgscott for your support.

7. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

Glad you got it sorted.

PS. depending on the image loaded the emu might not autoboot.

Some do some dont. I had the same problem a few times when i was playing around with diffrent images.

keep that in mind.

Cheers

Chris

8. tazinio

tazinio Member

I have a dreambox 500c. All channels apart from sky sports weren't working. I flashed the box using a null modem cable with the image "dwemptyautoroll." Now after a brute force scan I only have sky sports 2 and xtra in the list. no channels wrked i pressed the blue button and ran that evocam thingy. All channels wrk now apart from sky sports 2 and 1 & 2 r no where 2 b seen. Plz can sum1 help?

9. ruthfitz

ruthfitz Member

Chris

I've followed your instructions an have uploaded the image, but the version of Digialworldz doesn't show any channels when I choose the area that I live in. Any ideas? I'm in Dublin using N*L cable.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Ruth

10. amabala

amabala Member

Hi all, I posted a message last month but can't find it now - been away and don't know if it was answered..Can anyone kind person tell me how I can flash a fully working 500c to a new 500c that has not been flashed previously? cheers.

11. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

New tutorial

1. You will need relevant software so that your box can be fixed properly.

Dream up, Flash Wizard. Dreambox Control Center. Extract the file and autorun the program. A small box will appear with the relevant software.

http://rapidshare.com/files/109770655/DreamboxForEver.rar.html

2. Now you need this image i have FULLY WORKING! This is a flash wizard file and need to be flashed through the flash wizard program or through Dreamup . PLACE THIS IMAGE ON YOUR DESKTOP. EASY TO FIND.

Flash Wizard Image:

http://rapidshare.com/files/110539401/dwemptyautoroll.fw2.html

Null Modem Image:

http://rapidshare.com/files/110539456/dwemptyautoroll.img.html

3. Now that you have downloaded the WORKING IMAGE. Connect to your dreambox via DCC. You will need your Dreamboxes ip address for this. If you do not have it and have an image already on you box. Go into the setup, expert, communications. Your ip address will be in here.

4. Once you have connected to the dreambox. Open Flashwizard. Go into configuration and ultilies at the bottom of the box. Make sure the ip of the dreambox is the same as the one in dcc. It should be. If not change it.

Now Click Install a Firmware to flash memory. Now you will need my WORKING IMAGE. You downloaded above. Click the open folder tab. Browse for the image. Should be on your desktop as instructed above. Click open.

The image should now be visible in the box.

Now click flash image backup. This will install the image to your box.
    Takes approx a minute.

Once completed reset the box. PLug into ur tv. And try.

It should now show that the flash is installed.

Do the scan using your area. For example Uk or ntl ie etc.

Once the scan has finished check your channels. TRY SS1 FIRST. If you dont have the channel. Reboot box. This time the evocam should startup and will roll the channels.

This is the simplest way to install this image. If this doesnt work or you have problems connecting to your dreambox you will have to go down the null modem route. Please leave me a message if you have problems with this.

Null Modem Fix:

You will need a program called dreamup.

http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/download/DreamUP.zip

Then download the image. The null modem one. Save this to desktop.

You need to plug the null from the box to pc.

With the dreambox switched off start up dreamup program.

Then untick use network box. Then click connect. Startup the dreambox.

It will connect. The flash box will then open. Click this it will ask for image. The image you downloaded open that. Then it will flash the image to your box. If asked to flash erase click NO!

Then flow the rest of the procedure mentioned in previous posts.

Thankyou

Chris

12. colmise

colmise Member

Just wondering does the fix below for the 500C work on the 500T? As in the same imeages can be used etc?

13. nicholls1

nicholls1 Member

cgscott

does this image include the keys??

14. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

yes just choose mmds scan

15. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

why does it say autoraoll included?

its fully loaded.

16. Cr4cK

Cr4cK Member

Hey all just wanted to drop a line and say
    Many Thanks to
    cgscott
    markarman
    Phase123
    After reading all your posts
    i got it all working great
    Not after some hard work I did the flash erase using the null modem
    so didn't get a pic
    Reflashed using the Flash copy option and watching SS1 as we speak
    Cheers again guys
    Definate Cable Legends

17. Phase123

Phase123 Regular member

Thanks for the acknowledgement, appreciated, 99% of the effort is Chris`s. I only help periodically.

Glad you are sorted.

18. superreds

superreds Regular member

lads my box went down wks ago not showing any channels,ive looked back at 100s of pages im assuming i need to flash my box whatever that is i went out on wed to buy a null cable and 60 quid of other cables that the man said i need and ive lost my nerve again.ive printed cgscott tutorial and studyed it for the past 2 hours and im nearly ready to try it, ijust need to ask do u think i need to flash it and what can go wrong??? please help me

19. superreds

superreds Regular member

anybody????

20. superreds

superreds Regular member

help i done a flash and was so proud of myself when it said i was finished,but now ive hit the floor again and i realy need help. when the flash was finished i done my transporter scann and it found 1,but when it starts the next scann the progress bar doesnt move and nothing happens??? please help,i took a huge step and i feel so close so i need 1 of u lads to push me over the line,im in dublin and i used the dream up thingie