1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreambox 500T 500C Fixes here

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Satlinksw, Apr 4, 2008.

1. Phase123

Phase123 Regular member

Same old tutorial from 20 pages ago!

1. You will need relevant software so that your box can be fixed properly.

Dream up, Flash Wizard. Dreambox Control Center. Extract the file and autorun the program. A small box will appear with the relevant software.

http://rapidshare.com/files/109770655/DreamboxForEver.rar.html

2. Now you need this image i have FULLY WORKING! This is a flash wizard file and need to be flashed through the flash wizard program or through Dreamup . PLACE THIS IMAGE ON YOUR DESKTOP. EASY TO FIND.

Flash Wizard Image:

http://rapidshare.com/files/110539401/dwemptyautoroll.fw2.html

Null Modem Image:

http://rapidshare.com/files/110539456/dwemptyautoroll.img.html

3. Now that you have downloaded the WORKING IMAGE. Connect to your dreambox via DCC. You will need your Dreamboxes ip address for this. If you do not have it and have an image already on you box. Go into the setup, expert, communications. Your ip address will be in here.

4. Once you have connected to the dreambox. Open Flashwizard. Go into configuration and ultilies at the bottom of the box. Make sure the ip of the dreambox is the same as the one in dcc. It should be. If not change it.

Now Click Install a Firmware to flash memory. Now you will need my WORKING IMAGE. You downloaded above. Click the open folder tab. Browse for the image. Should be on your desktop as instructed above. Click open.

The image should now be visible in the box.

Now click flash image backup. This will install the image to your box.
    Takes approx a minute.

Once completed reset the box. PLug into ur tv. And try.

It should now show that the flash is installed.

Do the scan using your area. For example Uk or ntl ie etc.

Once the scan has finished check your channels. TRY SS1 FIRST. If you dont have the channel. Reboot box. This time the evocam should startup and will roll the channels.

This is the simplest way to install this image. If this doesnt work or you have problems connecting to your dreambox you will have to go down the null modem route. Please leave me a message if you have problems with this.

Null Modem Fix:

You will need a program called dreamup.

http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/download/DreamUP.zip

Then download the image. The null modem one. Save this to desktop.

You need to plug the null from the box to pc.

With the dreambox switched off start up dreamup program.

Then untick use network box. Then click connect. Startup the dreambox.

It will connect. The flash box will then open. Click this it will ask for image. The image you downloaded open that. Then it will flash the image to your box. If asked to flash erase click NO!

When you scan for channels if the locked channels do not show press blue and start the evocam.

Anyone having problems following this tutiorial need to slow down a bit and stop getting over excited.

People are making simple mistake by rushing things.

Thankyou

Chris

2. superreds

superreds Regular member

i dont mean to keep anoying anybody but my flash was a suscess, then i put the dreambox back 2 the tv found a transporter under ntl bruteforce then started the scan..... it found all channels but only picture on rte 1 city channel and all the euro news channels. i done more scans and pressed the blue button when i was on sky sports1 and pressed ok on that thing, i dont know what else to do???

3. ledgy

ledgy Member

Press the blue button on your remote control. You should get a menu on the screen. Tab down to first box (it will probably say "none")and press ok.Then press side arrow and you should see cam. restart image and should work.

4. superreds

superreds Regular member

thanks i tried that,it said stopped evocamd then started evocamd but i still have a blank screen, any other ideas??

5. ledgy

ledgy Member

Moving address at the mo but have working version of 500c for the last few months thanks to people on this thread. Installed exact same image on 500t as moved to the country but not working. I havn't had much of a chance to mess around as not moved fully yet. At present I am using camd v2.12. All channels are being recognised and getting channel info but only getting picture on RTE like you.Have you flashed as per Chris's instructions above?

6. superreds

superreds Regular member

yea followed it and it said it flashed ok

7. alfredous

alfredous Guest

Hi guys,

Possibly (probably) a stupid question but... is it possible to get the S$y HD chanels on a Dream box? They haven't registered on my scan thus far.

8. superreds

superreds Regular member

no i dont think so

9. Cr4cK

Cr4cK Member

Hey guys
    well after getting the Box running great
    i setup my enigma web interface
    Now in that window i see there are play and rec ... options
    My Question is Can you install a HDD into a Dreambox 500c.
    If you can could you point me in the direction of a tutorial
    many thanks

10. ledgy

ledgy Member

superreds,got it working but not too sure how.Try hitting yellow button on remote and then go to tux.press ok button twice and exit but say no to any changes.Went thorough about the first five items on list and channels just started working.let me know how you get on.

11. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

The only way you can add an hdd to your dm500 is by mounting it to your pc throught shared networking.

Thus meaning you can record from thr dreambox and playback. Also you can play mpeg 2 files to your dreambox and also mp3's.

12. markarman

markarman Regular member

ha !

back again.

13. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

Welcome back mate.

14. superreds

superreds Regular member

we done it i cant believe it after all that 1 of my keas wear wrong thanks for ur help the prob was under the tux thanks again

15. jasonk198

jasonk198 Member

hello,i may sound like a stupid person here but i, only trying to get my box 500c working again...
    is tuxbox commander installed on every dreambox 500c?
    if not how would i go about installing it?
    please keep in mind that i am a complete complete novice and if anyone can i would require very simple instructions,,,v simple.
    thank u

16. redasafox

redasafox Guest

Hi Folks,

Quick question on the Dreambox 500C. I have loaded the image and file for the autoroll onto my Dreambox when I hook it up to the TV it works fine for about 3 mins then the picture slowly starts to deteriorate to a point that it becomes completley un-viewable. Has anyone any ideas on any viewing settings that may need to be re-jigged? Or would I need to update the image or anything? Thanks in advance

17. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

Sounds like a signal problem.

Picture shouldnt just deteriate.

In what way does it dissapear?

18. redasafox

redasafox Guest

Hi CGScott, thanks for coming back to me

Slowly the picture starts to break up. For Example, I was watching the TV on the dreambox last night and everything is fine for a few mins and I can change channels no problem then all of a sudden parts of the picture start to disappear and flicker then it freezes and the dreambox freezes and the only way to get it back is to pull the power chord from the back.

19. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

Try checking your signal strengths. Usually sit 95% 43%

If this is ok yuor signals fine. Try a reflash if that doesnt work.

Only suggestion is a signal booster.

20. redasafox

redasafox Guest

Will check the signal if all is good I'll try a reflash.

Thanks for the tips.