1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreambox 500T 500C Fixes here

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Satlinksw, Apr 4, 2008.

1. millerlfc

millerlfc Member

thanks nethy i feel so thick i cant believe i just had to type three letters up i do no how 2 flash box just cudnt get program so is this image tested hope so get mates off me back i had 2 lend me dad me eurovox so he cud watch the footy went the liverpool game last night must of had 10-15 calls whilst i was at the game i feel like customer services lol

2. nethy

nethy Member

He watched Liverpool eh? he must have been bored stiff, anyway I hope you get it working ok. Its all down to CGSCOTT this, without him we`d all be in a pickle.
    Dave

3. millerlfc

millerlfc Member

nethy i booed them off still top 4 now lol just another question wen i flashed it with digital worldz image in april last time went off. is this image sort of the same. so shud i do it the same way and has it got bruteforce on still. soz to be a thicko im just tryin to learn about all boxes im just familiar really with eurovox so all the help is brill cant fault any1 on this site use r belters

4. millerlfc

millerlfc Member

hello every1 whos helped me imso gratefulli got the program off megaupload flashed it works a treat so made up with the lot off use thanks
    millerlfc

5. drawflex

drawflex Member

A little bit off the path... but

Since i've had the dreambox connected to my router i've been playing with the web interface...Cool or what.. Anyone had Ngrab set-up on the PC to use as a kinda sky+ thing ?. that'd be wicked.

I've read i need to install Ngrab on the PC but can only find german versions... also read i have to set-up a NFS share or something.

Also what plugins do i need on the PC to be able to watch streamed TV over the network ? i can stream audio, but not video.

Any help kindly recieved.

6. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

@ Chris, there are new ROMs, (10 & 11), in Eamos, along with ROM 7 thanks to Cydine, Wiggy9906 and xxxmkxxx. You may need to include these ;)

7. peterdou

peterdou Regular member

can any body tell me how to unlock the channels on a sagem 1 chip box in idiot form

8. kewlguy98

kewlguy98 Member

do you know how to ftp to the box?

9. drawflex

drawflex Member

if you mean me..... yup .. i've got it straming ok, eg. i can watch TV over the network.. and change channel using the web interface.. but wanna know what to use to record and set timer events up and stuff... never knew it could do all this until yesterday.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2008
  10. kewlguy98

kewlguy98 Member

No i was talkin to peterdou who is in the dreambox forum asking about dbox2 fix

11. hamster08

hamster08 Member

Just thought I would post my thanks. Like last time cgscott you saved the day. My service is resumed as normal.

12. nastyboi

nastyboi Member

Im a newbie at this but ayway here goes..I tried using DCC 2.6 to connect to box via router - it connected fine. I then ran flashwizard 6.3 and used scots instructions from april to flash the new image but it canot find My_Flash_Image_Backup.flash, however it finds the old Mybackup.fw2 only. do i have to rename the file to fw2? even the backup.img file it errors saying this is not a firmware. I messed up the box so i resorted back to the old april flash file.

I then tried the new dreamUP software however whe i turn on the box after it tells me it just hangs on "connection prepared now switch on dreambox."

any help would be very much appreciated. Im not using null modem. thanks in advance.

13. zappp64

zappp64 Regular member

no need to use ngrab to record, if you create a share on your computer, then mount the share on the dreambox as a drive/folder - point this to me the destination for the recording.

14. zappp64

zappp64 Regular member

this is what makes the dreambox a far superioir box than the others. The amount of stuff you can do, wait till the DM 8000 comes out, twin tuner, dvd drive, front usb ports, hdmi output but the price is whopping 700 quid.

15. nastyboi

nastyboi Member

to resolve the issue I have renamed the file to My_Flash_Image_Backup.fw2 and it has been recognised as an acceptable file in Flashwizard. Flashed ok, then did a bruteforce scan and picked up all the channels.

Then decided to be a total id and tried to download a new skin cos the heavy metal default didnt do it all for me, uploaded the new skin into respective directories using ftp now the box keeps restarting every 20secs, and cant flash it cos it wont connect via ethernet for more 2 secs because of the restarts.

Ive finally realised that DreamUP is to be used with a null modem cable so looks like I'll be galavanting across the icy streets of bham looking for the right cable.

Many thanks you guys and especially to Lord cgscott!

16. hamster08

hamster08 Member

The way I got mine work way via DreamUp and a serial cable:

Dead simple.

Download DreamUP and the DreamUP image. I used the versions that are in this post.

1. Got to a supplier (e.g. m@plin) to buy the cable. Look on their website and use part code L68BT
    2. Plug one end on the COM port on the 500C
    3. Plug the other end into your PC
    4. Switch off the 500C
    5. Start DreamUP, untick use network. Select your com port. COM1 usually these days.
    6. Press Connect
    7. Powerup the 500C, you will see a message saying box connected.
    8. Press flash
    9. Select the DreamUp image that you downloaded earlier.
    10. You will be asked do you want to erase the flash. Click No
    11. It will take approx 15 minutes to copy. (go for a dump, make a brew whatever)
    12. Once it has copied reboot the box
    13. Press menu, go into setup.
    14. Automatic Scan for new services
    15. Bruteforce UK.
    16. Once it has found a transponder it will ask to scan for new services.
    17. Takes 15 minutes (again go for a dump or make a brew)
    18. Once all the channels have scanned exit out of the menu.
    19. You are now finished. Everything should be there in all it's glory.

17. sc1985

sc1985 Member

haha love ur post Hamster08. Now we know what you get up to when you have spare time on your hands! Will try tonight and hopefully should all be up and running.

When you mean reboot the box - do you mean while its still attached to the pc or when ive set it up to the tv?

Thanks

18. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

When you set it up to the tv...scan the services and transponders.

Then reboot the box after if the channels do not show.

19. sc1985

sc1985 Member

Great thanks cgscott! Il give that a blast tonight then.

Dont you ever get tired of helping people like me out? you're like the mother Theresa of the Digital World haha!

20. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

No thats the aim of a forum.