1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreambox 500T 500C Fixes here

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Satlinksw, Apr 4, 2008.

1. andy2601

andy2601 Member

hello lads i hope you can help me , my dbox is all flashed but ive lost my sky box office . ive tried rescanning and still no joy. the boxing is on tonight and the only channel is advertised on is the fraud channel . can anyone help me please.

2. gamlin25

gamlin25 Member

I think that you will find its called sbo either sbo ( ) or (sbo) I checked earlier today so deffo there mate.

3. andy2601

andy2601 Member

cheers for that , just phoned the old man he has checked his box and its there .............thanks again.

4. millerlfc

millerlfc Member

hi cgscott will the dreambox500c back up image work on dbox and can u use dream up and nullmodem cable let me no cheers

5. GoodA

GoodA Member

zappp64 - thanks for your pointer on installing the new Nagrarom - all working - so easy when you know how - cheers!

If anyone is thinking of using FTP, I just copied (using filezilla) a film I recorded on my 600C over to my PC and played it back perfectly with Nero Showtime! I guess I'm just skimming the surface with whst these boxes can do. Happy days!

6. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

New fresh images No double Channels

Right heres the crack guys. Everything you need is in this image simply go to menu and Autosearch transponder. Scroll right to the bottom of the list and choose your provider i.e Bruteforce UK Chorus etc.

Do a scan once this is finished go to a premium channel. I always select bravo.

Click info for few seconds restart the cam and WAIT!

Within a few minutes you will have everything.

GUYS I HAVE TSETED THIS BEFORE I POSTED IT UP SO I KNOW IT WORKS.

Also i deleted the keys from the keylist.txt as it rolls and adds its own keys for your provider so you will only have 2 lines in your keylist txt.

Null Modem Image

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4ZYFXKIV

Flash Wizard Image

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6PTDXF5V

Last edited: Dec 6, 2008
  7. Costellon

Costellon Member

Hi guys, thanks for all the help since I got my box, very much appreciated. I'm in Ireland and all this talk of the numbers rolling tempted me to flash dw1 onto my box in preperation for the numbers being rolled here, maybe that was a stupid thing to do, but its done now (luckily I saved a backup of my old image to my desktop). Aaaanyway, Flashed the box, hooked it up, did me search (the only one that got a transponder) and it loaded the channels, the thing is though that I am getting a picture for virgin 1 only, everything else has been found and information is available and everything but it won't give me a picture. I have unplugged it for five minutes and re-booted, but still nothing. Should I reflash my old image again or is there anything that I can do to get this working (I really like the interface). Has anybody else in Ireland tried this image ?
    Thanks again to all you guys

8. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

New fresh images No double Channels

Right heres the crack guys. Everything you need is in this image simply go to menu and Autosearch transponder. Scroll right to the bottom of the list and choose your provider i.e Bruteforce UK Chorus etc.

Do a scan once this is finished go to a premium channel. I always select bravo.

Click info for few seconds restart the cam and WAIT!

Within a few minutes you will have everything.

GUYS I HAVE TSETED THIS BEFORE I POSTED IT UP SO I KNOW IT WORKS.

Also i deleted the keys from the keylist.txt as it rolls and adds its own keys for your provider so you will only have 2 lines in your keylist txt.

Null Modem Image

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4ZYFXKIV

Flash Wizard Image

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6PTDXF5V

9. nethy

nethy Member

Morning CGScott, I have just put the newsest image on to box and I get all channels apart from sky arts and sky 1 2 3 everything else is there, do you have any ideas on why my dreambox doesnt get them. Thanks Dave

10. sneinton1

sneinton1 Member

Dave,

Have you tried re-scanning your box ? Sometimes it can take a couple of scans to get all channels back. Press menu then setup then service searching then automatic transponder scan then seelct the Bruteforce for UK. Although yo are doing a re-scan you will not loose any channels you previously had and only find new ones.

Hope this works for you

11. nethy

nethy Member

Thank you, yes I have tried a few scans and no joy, Im flumoxed as one of my friends boxes I flashed gets all channels from my home and mine and another friends wont pick them up from my home. I find it odd, as the images are the same ones. Thanks for your reply.
    Dave

12. sneinton1

sneinton1 Member

Before you flashed the image did you always have all channels ? Or did you miss a few then ? Sometimes if the signal is weak it can miss channels, you can buy a booster for this.

13. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

Try doing a scan again but instead of bruteforce try using you local area this may help if not i suggest you keep scanning every couple hours.

I have had the same problem but once you get the channels then theyre there for good.

14. Costellon

Costellon Member

No luck with any of the new images in Ireland- I just flashed the backup of my original image onto the box and i'm back in business again, i'll wait until the numbers roll here.

15. cgscott

cgscott Regular member

Reason bein mate is the keylist txt is empty. If you can ftp your box copy the keylist txt over from your image the now to your desktop then flash the new image and then put the keylist txt into the new image.

Although it should pick up the keys automatically.

Make sure you do the correct scan for your provider.

16. nethy

nethy Member

thanks CGScott will keep trying.
    Dave

17. fleetingm

fleetingm Member

Thank you for all your help guys. It is really appreciated.

Is it just my box but is the picture quality not as good as before. When I first had my box it was ok then the last flash a few months ago the picture was excellent. it seems to have gone back to the old quality.
    Is this a box or Virgin issue?

18. skunka

skunka Member

Might be a stupid response mate but everytime your updating your box your removing the scart leads. Maybe worth a new set just to be sure theres no loose connections in them. always find my eurovox to be very temp and during flashing some starviews o dear the pictures were terrible so brought new leads and BINGO

19. robby2k9

robby2k9 Member

Hi all,
    Total newbie to this forum, I have just picked up a 500C from cash-converters, didn't work of course.
    I have flashed it with cgscott's image (null-modem) from 6/12 and I have a digital kayos logo on my screen.
    My question is 'now what do I do?'
    Has anyone written a guide to tuning in and activating channels using this software. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Region is Telewest S.W. Essex

Many thanks

20. nethy

nethy Member

Hi newie, ess menu, settings, service searching, then automatic transponder scan, then use navigation bar up to bruteforce scan -then highlight start scan then press the green button, it will then scan for about 15 mins then when its finished press ok then turn off for 2 mins then press tv look for bbc press ok leave for 1 minute then the cahnnel eill appear
    when sound and picture are on press tv go to sky sports press ok and wait until it comes on can take 2 mins or so. When it has appeared thats it, you dont have to go through this a second time. Good luck. Dave