Dreambox 500T 500C Fixes here

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Satlinksw, Apr 4, 2008.

1. Phase123

Phase123 Regular member

cicfada make sure you select the correct com port

2. Phase123

Phase123 Regular member

chemic click NO to the flash erase.. null modem it again

3. cicfada

cicfada Member

Thanks for your response, I have tried out with both ports ie port 1 and port 3

4. berkat

berkat Member

With the dreambox switched off start up the dreamup program.
    Then untick use network box.Then click connect.Sartup the dreambox.

It will connect.The flash box will then open.Click this it will ask for image.The image you download open that.Then it will flash the image to your box.

When flashing the image it will ask you to do a flash erase click no.

When image had downloaded connect the box back up.

Scan using N*L bruteforce

Pick a strong channel rte1 then hit the info button to turn off/on evocam leave for 5 mins then Bobs your Auntie.

5. cicfada

cicfada Member

Thanks again. I have followed your instructions to the letter but still to no avail! Maybe it takes a while longer to connect.Or maybe I am using the wrong version of dreamup! I have the dreamup window open alongside this one and this is bugging the heck out of me!

6. berkat

berkat Member

7. cicfada

cicfada Member

OK i am getting somewhere now, it is flashing as I speak! I will get back to ye when the job is done!
    cic

8. cicfada

cicfada Member

Right now I have this window on my tv that says "Kaos extra settings", how do i get rid of that and restart the box?

9. cicfada

cicfada Member

Right it worked finally, I have all the channels I need except 2 kids ones! Good enough! Thanks a million to all who helped!

cic

10. boxyman

boxyman Member

Hi lads - where can i get Dreamup version 2.0

Can only find Versions 1 on forum

11. stibbler

stibbler Member

Ok, if anyone has the patience for this I'll be eternally grateful.

I made that stupid mistake that I mentioned earlier so I got a Null modem cable, connect via Dreamup and flashed the box. The box just hung on the DK logo screen at boot every time. Then I flashed with erase. This got me into the menus. Used Bruteforce ireland transponder scan but very few channels were working. Waited on RTE1 as advised but no joy. Rebooted the box and it hung on logo screen again. Seems I can only access the menu system by flash erasing but if I can never turn the box off or it hangs. Simply flash without erase makes it hang.

So I had an idea -> flashed with erase, accessed menus & checked IP address then connected via Dreambox Control Centre & crossover cable, FTP'd to the box and copied Chris's image into the var/tmp folder but cannot Telnet either with DCC or the regular command prompt->telnet to install the image (which should be done already I guess).

I don't understand how I've established a connection via DCC but cannot Telnet. The ip address is obviously right....

8 hours on this so far today flashing the box and reading the forums so my parents and neighbours can have their TV back. I've aged 10 years today.

12. alfredous

alfredous Guest

hi guys, done different boxes with same image: different outcomes. My box is fine, my brothers simply won't pick up a transponder on Bruteforce UK (which worked fine for me at same location). His box is giving SNR 34% and AGC99%. What's the story. His frigging box won't connect to my PC via FTP either - otherwise I'd use an old image with the new nagrarom7.

13. stibbler

stibbler Member

Made some progress - I renamed the image file in var/tmp to root.cramfs and flashed the image by running the software update in the Dreambox expert setup menu. This seems to have stabilised the box - no longer hanging when rebooted. Still can't get more than a few channels no matter how many times I scan the providers. This seems to be a common issue but perhaps the above will help someone who has the same problem I did.

14. markarman

markarman Regular member

stibbler.

connect using the null modem cable and perform a flash erase. this will empty all software from the box. back to the beginning.

flash cg scotts previous last image, the link is here in this forum, i think it was posted about 7 or 8 months ago.

then flash the new image and click NO when asked if you would like to perform flash erase.

a bit basic but it is a solution.

good luck

15. markarman

markarman Regular member

are you using a cross over cable? if not you need to connect via a hub,

the all round best solution, i found after much direction from cg scott is to buy a null modem cable, its 1000 times easier.

also when scanning is finished you must switch off the box and restart. once the box is restarted you need to re-start the evocam (press and hold the info button until the emu manager screen comes up) press ok to start/restart emu or cs. then put your box onto a strong signal channel and wait a couple minutes.

i notice that with this new image when you first start the box up it doesnt go to any channel. you have to select your channel manually, whereas the last image would start up on a channel already. might be worthwhile remembering this.

16. markarman

markarman Regular member

boxy,

i have version2 and will gladly send you it. just pm me your email addy.

i find version 1.3 to be a much better/forgiving software and is the one i use as a preference

17. markarman

markarman Regular member

glad you got it working, sorry i wasn't around at the time to help.

if you try different area scans you will eventually find the optimum for your area with the most channels.

bit of a pain but if the kids are missing the 2 channels.............

good luck

18. boxyman

boxyman Member

Thanks Mate. How do i PM you. I can only see a Shoutbox option when i hit your profile. It's probably staring me right in the face somewhere :)

Can you tell me if V1.3 worked for you. I need to fix my sisters today and haven't done this before to a Dream 500C. Have done a Starview 2 already though. Can you tell me if the below is correct.

Flash 500C box with Scott's backup.im file using Dreamup and i'm good to go?

19. ericcork

ericcork Member

I can confirm that latest image from cgscott works fine on 500C. I just flashed via crossover cable with Flashwizard 6.3 and after searching ch**us I got all channels back.

It did take a while for channels to come through (about 10mins)
    Hold down Info button for 2-3 secs then restart Evocamd and wait for few minutes.

Thanks

20. alfredous

alfredous Guest

Thanks Mark.

Have flashed two successfully using Dreamup and null modem. Brother's box simply won't pick up transponders.

Have tried flashing via Filezilla but can't connect.

Using ethernet cable direct PC to box.

Have also tied via router.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2008