1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreambox 500T 500C Fixes here

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Satlinksw, Apr 4, 2008.

1. boxyman

boxyman Member

Thanks guys,

I will be using a Null Modem Cable. So i flash it with Dreamup and then do the following after restart?

Hold down Info button for 2-3 secs then restart Evocamd and wait for few minutes.

2. boxyman

boxyman Member

P.S. does the scanning start automatically when i reattach to tv after flashing?

3. markarman

markarman Regular member

hey boxy,

v 1.3 works fine with mine (dreambox dm 500c) null modem cable, dreamup and cg sctotts image is all you need. dont forget uncheck the use network box and click no when asked if you would like to perform a flash erase.

to pm people on this forum click on the icon of a head at the top right of the post.

good luck

mark ..

4. markarman

markarman Regular member

if you have a null modem cable then throw the ethernet cable into the skip mate, null modem is the only way forward.

is the box not connecting at all?

switch off the box
    connect the null modem cable
    start dreamup
    select com port (it is not 1 or 3) mine is com 7
    if another com port is not available then the null modem cable is not connected properly or you do not have the right software for your null modem cable. or the right cable (there are dodgy ones out there)
    uncheck use network box
    click connect
    start dreambox

this should connect the pc to the dream box. if you do not get the message "the dreambox is connected and speaking to us ;)" there is something wrong with your cable connection.

after that its self explanatary

cheers

mark ..

5. markarman

markarman Regular member

if your brothers box will not pick up the transponders.

make sure the cable is connected.
    try scanning different areas/bruteforce/services.
    every one is different depending on their area

try your brothers box in your house and vice versa

good luck

6. markarman

markarman Regular member

menu
    set up
    service searching
    automatic transponder scan

select your area (i am in dublin and ntl dublin didnt work for me, however bruteforce uk did. go figure)

select scan all (not free channels only)
    scan

it will find a transponder and should sync and lock

continue search

good luck

mark ..

7. boxyman

boxyman Member

Thanks Mark - Much appreciated

8. boxyman

boxyman Member

Thanks Mark for everyting. Will give it a bash this afternoon and let yee know how i get on

9. Kavanelli

Kavanelli Member

I have a 600c will this update work the 600. When I go to automatic scan I don't have an option to select area.

Do I need a different image?

10. junger

junger Member

hi all
    i am trying to address my dbox2 through a netgear wg router when i try to add a device in the router it is not saved.
    I have wired between the dbox2 and the router with a cross-over and non crossover cable the dbox2 in the routeri entered the ip address of the dbox2 169 254 136 110. dbox mac address and name. the router does no save the device. I tried to ping the box but the ping says the device is out of reach. any ideas why it will not work please.
    I can address the box when hard wired to the laptop
    Thanx
    Junger

11. alfredous

alfredous Guest

Thanks Mark.

I realise I'm not making myself very clear.

Have gone through the exact same process with three boxes in the same location: two work perfectly and the other fails to pick up transponders (showing SNR at 60% and AGC at 99%).

Using exactly the same connection when scanning, the working boxes show SNR at 70+% and AGC at 34%.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2008
  12. boxyman

boxyman Member

Thanks to Mark - Flashed 500c box today and worked perfectly. Thanks also to Scott for crack

Here is what i did

Used DreamUp Version 1.3.3.4 and connected via Null Modem Cable
    Flashed box which took about 15 mins. I did not erase flash when prompted.
    When Flash process completed, i attached box to tv without restarting the box.
    Got the DK Logo Screen first and seemed to be frozen.
    Rebooted box and got the DK Logo again. I choosed Menu on Remote Control and then got into Settings and Chose Autoresponder and Scanned for my Area.
    I could see all channels being found. Then i went to Sky Sports2. EVO seemed to turn itself on automatically and in a minute or two, all channels were running

Thanks again

13. dlsdad

dlsdad Member

14. ace58

ace58 Member

To answer myself that was the fix, after ftp hold down info button, press blue button and change to evocamd and restart. Hope this helps someone

15. keeffo

keeffo Member

hey,i am a noob when it comes to dreamboxes,

i have downloaded the fix files but my questions is, do i only use the image file cos thereis about 8 files in the fix,

all help appreciated

16. grinder83

grinder83 Member

hey there,

just wanted to say thanks so much to everyone for the help especially cgscott and markarman, just flashed cgscotts latest backup image to the box using dreamup and the null modem cable, didn't work first time as I said yes to flash erase (it found the channels but all blacked out barring r*e), worked when I did it and selected no and evo'd on sly sp*rts...now back to the darts! thanks again!...oh and I'm on n*l here in dublin and scanned bruteforce uk...

17. spylady

spylady Member

I everyone please can you help me. my cable box channels all went recently and i need to re tune but its not something ive ever done. please can someone give me a step by step guide.

appreciate all the help you can give

Thank you

hey not to worry guys am going through the thread and will follow steps so as to avoid repetition. Thank you in advance to everyone x

Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
  18. keeffo

keeffo Member

hi i have flashed the image by scott, hooked up to tv,scanned for ch**us and found all the channels. but none but the free ones will work.

am i doing something wrong?

19. keeffo

keeffo Member

also tried holding down the info button but that doesnt bring up a different menu,is there something like an emu you have to turn on

20. stibbler

stibbler Member

Thanks markerman, tried this but it didn't work.
    When I flash the image to the box using dreamup, I can't boot the box. The DK logo appears, "starting evocamd etc" appears for a fraction of a sec and then the DK logo again permanently.
    However, if I flash an earlier image, like a backup I made or one of chris's earlier ones, it boots fine. No channels of course (apart from RTE1 etc) but boots ok. Also, if I flash erase it, it boots fine.
    Could it be a problem with the image? I know it works for many people, but my box doesn't seem to like it. Any idea what's going on?

Is there another working image I could try or would it even make a difference? Or it's a problem with the box software, evocam etc and not the image. I don't know enough about how these things work to tell.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2008