1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dreambox 500t

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by chopperk, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chopperk

chopperk Member

Hi there i hope someone can help me,im living in south ireland and have an mmds receiver on roof which was with chorus,i see by your threads that if i buy a dreambox 500t i should be able to get channels but i dont understand,do i have to run software to decode them or how does it work,also can you tell me what a good price would be for one,thanks chopperk

2. jock54

jock54 Member

Did you have any luck in buying the dreambox 500t . I'm also on the look out for one but finding it very hard to come by one. Please let me know if you were able to get one .
    Thanks

3. Fano

Fano Regular member

I'm also looking for one.
    They are tough to source allright.
    Is there any other make of DVB-T box out there suitable for Chorus MMDS ?

Last edited: May 22, 2007
  4. Fano

Fano Regular member

I met a chap today who told me that the standard Sagem Chorus MMDS box can be modified to unlock the Premium channels .Is this feasible or is the 500t the only option ?

5. chopperk

chopperk Member

hi, there no i haven't had any luck locating one yet i was told that dreambox the company stopped producing them because of lack of demand but they are making some more in the near future,did you have any look getting one yet.

6. jock54

jock54 Member

Just a reply to Fano.Yes the Sagem Ch???? MMDS box can be made work and receive all channels.
    You need the card that came with the decoder and open it to read the box key. Most can be hard to open as they have a lock on them. Once opened its simple to write to it with the proper bin in nagraedit.
    Hope this helps

7. Fano

Fano Regular member

So you alter the contents of your viewing card with a programmer ?

8. dc69

dc69 Regular member

yes,not even worth doin,just buy a dreambox 500t

9. Fano

Fano Regular member

Yes seems like a dodgy policy to modify a card and the 500t's software can be upgraded easily anyway.

10. jock54

jock54 Member

You don’t necessarily have to modify the card; you can buy a blank card and then just write the bin to it. I hear so many people here having problems with unstable images and so forth with the db , it seems to me it’s a hit and miss and not very reliable. I have no such problems, just power up and it scans for all channels, even if new ones come on it will pick them up all crystal clear . I am still looking out for a 500t though just to play around and compare with my present system. Anyway guys it’s up to you what you want to do, I’m just telling you about my system and how it works for anyone that are interested.

11. Fano

Fano Regular member

A friend of mine has a DVB-T pci card .
    I'm just wondering if this could this be connected to the mmds aerial as a receiver as a temporary fix ?
    I have an old pc I could install linux on and use that.
    Any ideas ?

12. colmcouni

colmcouni Member

hey jock, im interested in hearing more about getting a blank card and writing on it... can you explain more please?

13. joeGUE

joeGUE Member

Can anyone tell me do you need a special immage foe C*****s/N*L in Ireland?

14. bunzl

bunzl Member

Hi lads, I have a dreambox 500-t that I am trying to get it work on ch***s mmds. Just got ch***s digital basic package installed, the signal comes from ch***s through a mast set up for the whole estate in Kilcock and not from a roof aerial. I got 10 frequencies from the sagem box, I mounted the last gemini image on 500-t, I have done a manual scan and I am getting 10 transponders with 64 channels.
    The problem is that all the channels are in the list but only 5 of them are working(discovery, channel 6, setanta irl, rte two, UKDoc) the rest of them appear on the list but no video or audio signal.
    Any help would be much appreciated!

15. jock54

jock54 Member

Did anyone have any success in buying the DM500T lately.If you did you might post a link.

16. bunzl

bunzl Member

Try http://www.rs2coins.com/
    This is the only site with 500-t still available. They replied to me kind of slow...after a week saying that they have these in stock. I got mine from ebay meanwhile

17. jock54

jock54 Member

Cheers for the reply bunzl ill have a look and see what they have.

18. jock54

jock54 Member

Out of stock as most places are. I did manage to find one dealer in the Uk. They are http://www.falconsat.co.uk/index.php , have anyone here dealt with them . Price for the 500t is €242.61 + shipping of 32,17 total 274.78. Is that price within reason .

19. bunzl

bunzl Member

€ 275.00 is expensive for 500-t...you can get the new 600-t from Germany at about same price! Just have a look on german sites for price guidance. I don't think 500-t is worth more than € 180.00 to be honest!

20. jock54

jock54 Member

Yea i think your right, seems expensive i suppose they jump on the band wagon when they are one of a few that has them in stock. Ill have a look in the german sites. Thanks for your reply.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.