1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DREAMBOX 600C

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by sahanull, Mar 14, 2007.

1. sahanull

sahanull Guest

I heard its out. Where can i buy it from?

Does anyone know if its better than Dreambox 500c?

2. johnbam

johnbam Guest

Yet to see it released. Aparently it's been delayed for fears of fake versions doing the rounds. As a staring point you can check with these guys http://www.dvb-shop24.co.uk/. As far as I am aware it's pretty much the same as the 500c except it has a 2.5" HD interface, a plug and play tuner and a different casing.

Personally for the price difference I would plunge for the 500c as you can still use a NAS or PC HD to save programming to, and in any case you would still have to source an image that has been tried and tested, where as the 500c has been around for a while and is well supported ....

3. sahanull

sahanull Guest

thanks for the advice mate

4. dc69

dc69 Regular member

the price is worth it if you want no hassle with recording to pc ,which is what i do.but if you look at what you get,a cable reciever and a pvr for the price its a bargain.i paid 400 euro for a sony hd recorder so if you get both for that price its a bargain.a hard drive can be picked up for nothin on ebay

5. sahanull

sahanull Guest

Thank you dc69.

I assuming you have a Dreambox 600.

My main concern is will there be images available as its so new?

I like the idea of recording without going to pc to record it.

I believe dreambox 600 comes with a 60g hard drive.

Is it easy to record without any hassle?

Can i watch another program while its recording another?

Is it as good as dreambox 500?

6. dc69

dc69 Regular member

i have a dbox.but the 600 is exactly the same as the 500.i dont think it does include a hard drive but i could be wrong,the hard drive feature may not be supported by the regular images and you may have to wait a while for one to become available.you should be able to watch a show while recording another

7. sahanull

sahanull Guest

Thanks for the advise.

One more question please:

Do you know where is the best place to get latest images for dreambox 500c