1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreambox 800 hd

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by djskutz, Jul 30, 2011.

1. djskutz

djskutz Member

honestly, i need help before i pull my hair out, DOES ANYBODY have a easy way of installing a new image on my DM800hd and dreamup doesnt work, please help???

2. gerrard08

gerrard08 Regular member

i read loads of thread claiming dreadboxes are easy to setup etc, is that not the case?

3. djskutz

djskutz Member

the 500s is okay but this Hd one is very annoying as they dont have the ccam.config already part of the image

4. djskutz

djskutz Member

the 500s is okay but this Hd one is very annoying as they dont have the ccam.config already part of the image

5. djskutz

djskutz Member

6. lukeian5

lukeian5 Member

,sim & bootloader version is vital to avoid a " no ca error ". Dream elite pheonix edition is a great image and you can d/l all you need through the image, just make sure bout your sim and bl.

7. djskutz

djskutz Member

8. djskutz

djskutz Member

what do u mean sim & bootloader?/

9. lukeian5

lukeian5 Member

look on the box it came in or under the dm800 itself, your looking for something like sim2.01, turn your box off and on again, and watch the lcd display on the dm800, you should see something like bl 76c or d or 82. There are different types of sim and this dictates the images you can use for your clone,once you find this you can start looking for images to flash to your box.

10. djskutz

djskutz Member

thanks lukeian, makes more sense now, thank you

11. djskutz

djskutz Member

mine is sim 82, whats the best site to get for this model?

12. lukeian5

lukeian5 Member

your bl is 82, your sim is more important, it's more than likely 2.01, but you'll have to make sure. So you can then try ie. " images for Dm800hd sim 2.01 " you have the latest bl82, just the sim you gotta check now.

13. djskutz

djskutz Member

cool and do i just download the rar file and flash the box or to have to extract the file to get the nfi.file

14. lukeian5

lukeian5 Member

extract to a folder on your pc, keep all your images in it. Then anytime you wanna flash an image, you do as in video and browse your images saved on your pc. Make sure you find your sim first lol.

pm'd you too

Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
  15. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

solid advise lukian5

16. Hubabubas

Hubabubas Member

fintannl, any idea how to clear my Dream 800hdpvr,I flashed the wrong image to the box, now its hung like a donkey, "look at www.dm 7000.com err 01 no ca found" shows on the box.
    not only have I *uc*** the box, but also knackered my laptop, had to reload every thing on it,and lost all my files, what a week, pheew. any help appreciated.

17. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

only one way. download the correct bootloader for your version of box, download the image you would like to flash. connect null modem cable from computer to dreambox and flash bootloader and then image (do not reboot the box in between flashes). Most peoples issue with using laptop is that you have no serial connection on the laptop. Now you can buy a usb to serial connector, plug this into usb port on laptop and then connect the serial end to one of the ends of the null modem cable. My issue has always been trying to get drivers for my laptop to work the usb to serial connector. Preferred method is to go to a buddies house with a home tower pc and connect direct from this computer to the dreambox. up to you

18. Hubabubas

Hubabubas Member

Fintannl,

do you know what bootloader to use for the 800hdpvrdreambox? another stupid question
    I have lost my comports, strange as may seem, so when i go to dcc can't connect, sorry to bother you with this one, i have been up until 3 am trying to fix these problems.
    thanks again

i'm online for the rest of the evening,any help much appreciated,before i tear the rest of my hair out.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  19. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

when you buy a clone dreambox the supplier by nature indicates what the ss version is. the most recent version is ss82. there is no way to identify this from the box itself in its current state so i suggest you look at your purchase information. the info should be there in black and white

20. Hubabubas

Hubabubas Member

fintannl

I don'have the purchase doc, i probably put it in the bin. the box is about 6-8 months old.

Not my lucky week took holidays to do work at home, will end up divorced soon, if I don't get my act together, that's what happens when you play around, with boxes that is.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2011