1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreambox 800 hd

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by djskutz, Jul 30, 2011.

1. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

2. Hubabubas

Hubabubas Member

fintannl

A big thanks to you, com ports working,now to the dreambox,uuhhh
    I will keep u informed.

3. Hubabubas

Hubabubas Member

4. lukeian5

lukeian5 Member

the latest Cccam is 2.2.1 full, once you d/l it, ftp to the box with Dcc. Look on the left side, in /var/etc for cccam config file, highlight, right click, edit and put your line in @ line 80, don't forget to delete # at the start of the line, save and exit (top left) job done (you may need to reboot)

5. Hubabubas

Hubabubas Member

6. Hubabubas

Hubabubas Member

the latest Cccam is 2.2.1 full, once you d/l it, ftp to the box with Dcc. Look on the left side, in /var/etc for cccam config file, highlight, right click, edit and put your line in @ line 80, don't forget to delete # at the start of the line, save and exit (top left) job done (you may need to reboot)[/quote]

OK I have put the cams in 221 , in line 80 put cline. can't get sly, only freeview.
    any ideas? thanks

I should have put, when i go to blue panel it has common on it,and nothing else.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
  7. lukeian5

lukeian5 Member

did you set 2.2.1 as your default cam and restart cam ?,
    check your line is bang on, identical to the one you received ?,
    did you delete # at the start ?
    is your network connection ok ?
    Just a few things to check first. Well you've got your cccam, and your line, so it's gotta be something simple, I would go to piopats tut, and follow it by the letter, your missing something simple.

8. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

ok espowsong, its very obvious you retail this crap. it has a rubbish tuner, is ten times harder to setup than a blade, its impossible to use both usb ports at the same time as they are too close together, the list just goes on. i learnt all i know on a dm800 and have found since moving to other boxes that life is so much easier. so since you forced your opinion on afterdawn users you get my opinion back in return.

9. Hubabuba

Hubabuba Regular member

nice one fintannl, you would need to have all your scruples about ya, these boxes as you have rightly said, there is a bit of work to do on them, as i well know having been on to yourself, Piopat and others, nice to know some one is on the ball.

10. sb18180

sb18180 Regular member

yeh blade whips their ass

11. Hubabuba

Hubabuba Regular member

I hear so much about the "Blade" come on guys don't keep all the juicy bits to yourself's.
    What's so good about them, and are they expensive?

12. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

around the same price, pic quality is meant to be great, flashing a doddle and twin tuner i do believe, also a media player that can play mkv,s avi,s jpegs all that stuff. very nice piece of kit. weren't in stock when i wanted one so got the dm800

13. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

just a quicky. does anyone know how to disable the extended info pop up on the dm800? it pops up now and and again, shows what channel your on and stuff. its a nice bit of tv furniture but gets in the way for a few seconds. ta

14. atghawkin

atghawkin Regular member

if its the info bar that comes up when you change channel you can shorten the time its on : on your remote press menu/setup/system/customise,select "expert" on setup mode then you will see "infobar timeout" you can change the length of display from 1 to 10 secs. or you can select "no" on "show info bar on channel change" and their are two other options under that you can change!

15. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

Yeah its that bar but it pops up randomly when the channels are not getting turned over. And its Noone Sat on the remote either. As it can happen when the remote is on the fire place. Weird

16. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

tongs the reason this happens is likely your sat dish is not perfectly aligned. when the signal strength falls below a certain value this info bar comes up on the screen. it would also explain why you get freezing on your system.

17. lukeian5

lukeian5 Member

if your using dreamelite pheonix edition, try blue-red-red, and you'll have a choice to dis-able it, I don't mind it so much to be honest.

18. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

cheers fint but i'm putting the freezing down to the server as you said yesterday. Was at work lastnight and was thinking about it and i was pretty sure my fta are glitch free so i got in this morning and put it on fta channels including itv hd and so on and glitch free. also the first problem ive noticed it pop up mainly when something finishes or a different programme starts so i'm guessing the epg could be updating? it does pop up now and again during a movie but if a movie is on for an hour and a half then surely the epg will need to keep updating??? these are all guesses but they make sense to me. i do appreciate the help and if you think i'm wrong i'l take onboard what you say and have a little tweek

19. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

what you say makes sense. doesn't happen on my system but now that you mention it I remember similar in my dm800 days. sound old :)