1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreambox 800hdpvr

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Hubabubas, Aug 19, 2011.

1. piopat

piopat Active member

the only image that may damage your box is gemini images ,power off the box and power it back on and look at the little lcd screen it will give you info about your box . make a note of the sim version (its probably 2.01 if its a clone ) and the bootloader version (if its new its likely bootloader 76 or bootloader 82 BL76 or BL82) there may also be a hollogram sticker on the box (maybe at the rear ) that has the sim version . after that fintann or my self can advise you better as regard a suitable image etc ,but if the image is faulty the only way to rectify it is to change it .

2. shoftuk

shoftuk Member

the hologram on the base reads sim 2.01 and when i power on i can just make out boot 69 but its very quick and im getting on a bit my eyes are not that good

3. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

sim 2.01 and bl69 are an unlikely combination. as described to huba above, power off d800 by pulling power cable out, then continually press button on front of dreambox and insert power cable. you now get a 'stop' message with an ip address. type this into your pc browser. the page displayed shoes your bootloader version/ss version. please post this version and then further advise can be offered

4. shoftuk

shoftuk Member

done as you suggested the ip add comes up 192.168.0,2 ive typed this into my browser but it just returns a list of sites ive had a closer look with a magnifying glass a few times of rebooting the blasted thing and i can just make out boot 69 20081129 does this mean anything sorry to trouble you if i knew these boxes were so complicated i would never have bought it

5. Hubabubas

Hubabubas Member

Fintannl/

When i press the button and insert the cable, it shows, boot 75 20091005, and thats it.
    Having looked up some of the sites i'd seen a referance to sim2, i hope that helps.

6. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

its not what i asked. you follow the procedure i said hold the button and open the web browser and it clearly indicates the revision of your box. at least make an effort to do what i ask

7. Hubabuba

Hubabuba Regular member

as per "shoftuk" same results,input ip, comes back with several messages about sites.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
  8. Hubabubas

Hubabubas Member

piopat,

What other image can you use on the 800pvr?

9. piopat

piopat Active member

there are a few i suppose the most popular would be dream elite phoenix /nabilo blackhole/dream elite blackhole /pli /gemini but i believe fintann mentioned you need to know the sim and bootloader version of the box and then get an image suitable for use on your box .

10. Hubabubas

Hubabubas Member

as I have put in a tread previously, when I hold the button and powerup it shows boot 75 20091005, DreamMultimedia dhcp... (**stop ***
    this is after i put the ip in the browser.that's about it

11. piopat

piopat Active member

well fintann seems to know the image he recommended so he may be able to help you solve the issues your having but if your intending to try a different image try this one
    http://www.dm800sim2.com/sim2/nabilosat/content/61/20091115/194.html
    you say your box is sim 2.01 bootloader 75 (bl75)the image above is sim 2.01 bl75 so it will work with your box .

12. shoftuk

shoftuk Member

my sim is definatly a 2.01 and boot #69 20081129 at the moment its showing in the information enigma 2008.11.29 release 0390 is there anyway i can update as every time i try to scan a satallite it just crashes and gives a message saying software problem then reboots itself

13. Hubabubas

Hubabubas Member

Try scanning one sat, euro/astra 28.2 and see what you get.

14. piopat

piopat Active member

15. Hubabubas

Hubabubas Member

piopat thanks

I will hold off,finn may come up a salution,i was on the phone to him a few nights back,
    he's well clued in, unlike me and others.

16. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

huba when you get the ip on the screen of the dm800 followed by the * stop* now type the ip on the screen into your pc browser. you now get a pile of image information on your pc including the bootloader version. do not put an image on your machine without knowing this information first otherwise you will likely get a 'no ca found' issue which is another problem in itself. please supply the bootloader version so i can advise further

17. Hubabubas

Hubabubas Member

Thanks piopat, worked first time, now up and running if I could send you a few beers through the post it would be well worth it. thanks again, my hair turning back to normal.

18. Hubabubas

Hubabubas Member

finn thanks a lot, i know you put a lot of work into these problems that pop up from time to time, and you get frustrated when you try to explain to eegits like myself, and we dont get it right, but i think i can speak on beahlf of us dumb eegits, that we do appreciate all the hard work that you put into this forum, as we do with piopat mickah and everyone who puts the effort to help keep the units running, again many thanks.

19. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

good for you huba.

20. shoftuk

shoftuk Member

i finaly clicked on that the dreambox must be left in the stop mode befor inputing the ip address into the browser snd i now can see my bootloader is deffo #69 it says it was built in 2008 so i was ripped off on ebay which i knew from the start as it was listed as only 3 months old